Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.93 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jan Gerrit Klok
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 1st 07, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Poles : Rossignol World Cup, who knows more?

Thanks!

At well under ?70 shipped, I could no longer hold it, and ordered the poles
up, in 172.5cm. My instructor said the 170's fit me well, but I kept missing
the feel of the 175's I left at home...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 29th 07, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Poles : Rossignol World Cup, who knows more?

"John Forrest Tomlinson" schreef in bericht
On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 01:20:27 +0200, "Jan Gerrit Klok"
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 28th 07, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Poles : Rossignol World Cup, who knows more?

Rossignol XC Fibre World Cup

Hi all,

I was offered these poles by a shop I contacted. They were not on the site
before I inquired about poles.

Seems to be their top model of 4 carbon ones, above 4...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 24th 07, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Off-season close-out purchase : Atomic World Cup HARD any good?

"highpeaksnordic" schreef in bericht
On Jul 23, 3:01 pm, "Jan Gerrit Klok"
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 24th 07, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Vino

I read foreign blood was found with the same blood type (important detail to
get right).
Foreign blood, if that's not frauded, it's extremely amaturistic. What are
Spanish doctors for then, for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 23rd 07, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Off-season close-out purchase : Atomic World Cup HARD any good?

It gets a bit better : now another (also French) shop offers the same Atomic
World Cups, 193 Hard Warm, for EUR269 shipped, with the Pilot bindings. Too
good to pass up?

Same price goes for Fischer...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 22nd 07, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Off-season close-out purchase : Atomic World Cup HARD any good?

Hi all,

Last March I got to ski on Fisher SCS Skatecuts 192 medium, (too soft) and
192 RCS stiff (oh so much better). I'm an SNS Pilot person because I have
really nice boots for that.

Now I'm...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 28th 07, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
91
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
91

18șC
Plenty of wind
Violet showers now and then (today was oddly dry)

Can't enjoy my bike commute (horseshoe shaped route, always some bad wind),
can't skate.
Running against the wind gets old...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 25th 07, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Replacement Tires/Tubes for V2 Aero 125s

Will your skis fit 150mm wheels without raising them? I mean, specific axle
holes placed higher up. My frames do have 125mm mounting holes, I think.
Kick Scooter wheels that seems of similar quality...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 23rd 07, 08:48 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Breathing

schreef in bericht
Nordic skiers have the
highest percentage of asthma among all sports.
No kidding? I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 7th 07, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Snow

I envy you.

But why nerve, do golfers have a shot gun where the 13th club should go?

And, do you consider this late spring, or early fall snow?

It's 30șC in Sweden these days.

Forum: Nordic Skiing May 31st 07, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
New XC Binding System from 'CadoMotus' out Winter 07-08

Let me understand this.
-One uses 165mm inline skate boots.
-Something is screwed to the bottom of these boots? Can this be walked on?
-The boot position, where others try to be as low as possible,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 10th 07, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 37
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Roller skiing protective gear

I spoke to a colleague today about her volleybal. Intensional rolls and
slides on sport hall floors. They wear knee protection a bit different from
what's used for skating. Perhaps less of a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 9th 07, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 37
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Roller skiing protective gear

"John Forrest Tomlinson" schreef in bericht

Hahahahahaha.

You ski fast.
I fall harder on skates or off my bikes...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 8th 07, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 37
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Roller skiing protective gear

"John Forrest Tomlinson" schreef in bericht
Then don't go.

BTW, I have to wonder what sort of protection you use...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 29th 07, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Usefull gimmicks for skating?

http://www.bestdirect.tv/currency/EUR/brand_id/au/
product-Leg-Magic-BDA08006AU.htm

copy as one link.

Name it the "Leg Magic".

"mountainwalker" schreef in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 28th 07, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Wheel drop/ski direction problem - UPDATE

Sounds like your rubber band is too heavy duty?
You may want to try a household (thinner postal type) band, and mount it
loosely. This way it will only engage at greater heel lifts. A second...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 26th 07, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Not Too Late for Bans

I didn't read all of it, but I keep seeing "ban from Olypics, for life". I
hope the fact is "banned for life from all competitive sports under WADA
regulations?"

schreef in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 24th 07, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Kickbikes

Thanks Ed!

Ouch, 12mph, that's a workout for sure then!
Then, like with rollerskiing, I can see how cruising over 20mph would kinda
make it pointless.

"EdV" schreef in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 24th 07, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Wheel drop/ski direction problem

I have the 150 SC, as tall-man's-skaters. Still very much in the infant
stages of getting to grips with them (walking pace at best).
I have a brake on one, which hangs worse.

The solutions seems to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 22nd 07, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 27
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Kickbikes

schreef in bericht
You may not have a rear wheel that would fit in the rear fork of a
Kickbike X-C frame. The rear wheel on a Kickbike is either 349 mm or
355 mm (the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 22nd 07, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 27
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Kickbikes

Hi John,

On my skateboard I lacked the coordination to switch legs, and indeed the
"resting" leg would be the one hurting. On smooth asphalt I was fast though.
It would be interesting to strengthen...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 22nd 07, 11:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Usefull gimmicks for skating?

I know all these infomercials are for useless product, but this one
intrigues me a bit in it's simplicity. So simple, it may even be...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 20th 07, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 27
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Kickbikes

I wonder if these would make inequal leg strength even less (because already
on my skateboards I would only kick left), or the mind would be strong
enough to kick more with the right, to balance out...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 18th 07, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 27
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Kickbikes

"EdV" schreef in bericht