Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mike
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 16th 09, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By mike
What do you wear skiing at -26 degree Celsius (-14.8 degreeFahrenheit)

I skied yesterday quite comfortably at -26 degree, albeit my
polypropylene/wool base layer was getting moist. This was the first
time I skied below -20 deg Celsius

This morning it was even colder,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 2nd 08, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By mike
xc skiing area near Vancouver ?

I might have to move to Vancouver from Ottawa, where Gatineau Park
with 200km of ski trail is less than an hour away. And we are still
skiing in April.

Are there any good cross country ski areas...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 2nd 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By mike
adjustment for soft tracks

On Feb 28, 6:52 am, Blowhardbuster wrote:
On Feb 25, 12:57 pm, mike wrote:

On Feb 25, 7:54 am, Blowhardbuster wrote:

Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 08, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By mike
wax question

On Feb 28, 9:46 am, "Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)"
wrote:
On Feb 28, 8:34 am, rungirl4u wrote:

i'm am very new to nordic skiing and am...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 08, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By mike
adjustment for soft tracks

On Feb 25, 7:54 am, Blowhardbuster wrote:
On Feb 19, 8:36 pm, "Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)"

wrote:
On Feb 17, 7:46 pm, mike...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 08, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By mike
classic ski flex

I broke my old faithful - an old Kneissel Ultra classic - and am
looking for a replacement. While my RCS classic cold is great for
hard packed tracks, I found that I need to really exert myself to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 18th 08, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By mike
adjustment for soft tracks

I have never received the same kick response on new, soft snow as on
hard track. I would like to hear suggestions as to what adjustments
should be made for this condition:
- wax: use a considerably...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 24th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By mike
replacing rubber plug for Solomon Profil binding

I'm having this problem right now with one of my bindings. The pins won't
stay seated in the slot anymore. My guess is that the slot wears and
won't hold the pin in place. I spoke to two ski...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 24th 07, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By mike
replacing rubber plug for Solomon Profil binding

One of the technicians said that this was a common problem with the
profil classic binding and took the opportunity to try to sell me on

That's exactly my experience. The rubber plugs in my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 24th 07, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By mike
replacing rubber plug for Solomon Profil binding

The rubber plugs in my Solomon Profil bindings keep falling off after
about 3 years. I have replaced a few of them but the new ones also
fell off after a few months. That makes me feel that I may...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 7th 06, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By mike
Is the Southern part of the Gatineau Park skiable? (Dec 7)

Just wondering whether I should drive to P10 instead of P3?
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11