Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 3rd 08, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Swix HF & Swix HFBD Question

On Apr 3, 7:07*am, Jay W wrote:
I think the BD waxes are fine as a total replacement for the HF waxes
and that you don't need the straight HF waxes. For critical races...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 08, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
When Is Rex Blue Glide Wax Fast?

On Jan 31, 2:52*pm, ADK Skier wrote:

Opinions are divided. It's a popular training wax in Minnesota for
it's wide range and some skiers swear by it, but even Rex (see their
web...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 2nd 07, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Are New Ski Bases Oxidized?

On Mar 1, 5:25 pm, "ADK Skier" wrote:
If I buy a pair of new skis which have been laying around a storage
room for several years are they oxidized?

ADK,

One of my better...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 07, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Convex Ski Bases

On Feb 21, 5:53 pm, Ed Miller wrote:
I have had a pair of Madshus Hypersonic skate skis for about 4 years.
They are fast skis but the past couple years I've been...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 30th 07, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
protecting skis

On Jan 28, 9:02 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

What if they won't be used for a few weeks. Or what if they won't be
used for six months?

John,

I'm w/you: it's...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 12th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Medical study: Vasaloppet

If you read the full Swedish report, including a few of the references,
you'll notice that the death risk is about 7-8 times higher during the
actual race, than the average risk/hour for the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 23rd 06, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
any reports on the Methow Valley or Silver Star areas?

Mark,

I wrote to Methow Valley last week, www.mvsta.com. They replied that
there was good skiing and plenty of snow.

Russ
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 11th 06, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
New to rollerski - what skis to buy?

Marwe offers a variety of roller-skis: combi, skate, classic; I've
skied the first two for years. The combi is a very nice ski and more
stable than some I've owned. The wheels are long-lived if...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 8th 06, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
looking for better technique isn't worth it

Camilo wrote:

Maybe not perfect by (insert your favorite standard here), maybe not
what a good instrucor would be teaching as an ideal to shoot for, but
none of them are truely "poor" by any...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 7th 06, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
looking for better technique isn't worth it

Ken Roberts wrote:
wrote
If you watch a World Cup or Olympic race, there are
definitely some skiers that have odd techniques ...
You can nit-pick little things about their...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 5th 06, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
The null hypothesis and a heretical suggestion about brushes?

Norski wrote:
Jay,
Is it worth while to build and setup a glide down timer? With all the
changing variables during the testing, maybe different
temperature/conditions come race day,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 3rd 06, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
The null hypothesis and a heretical suggestion about brushes?

Bjorn A. Payne Diaz wrote:

If Swix were to market a 5 series of waxes, I wouldn't expect the 4 and
6 series to change except for recommended temp ranges on the box. I
think the same thing...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 2nd 06, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
The null hypothesis and a heretical suggestion about brushes?

wrote:
Haloween is over now, so you can take down the straw man. It's not
either/or, but any. That's why next of kin and people who grow third
arms from some drug with "good...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 2nd 06, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
The null hypothesis and a heretical suggestion about brushes?

wrote:
Let's say it were possible to measure what you're looking for. You'd
believe the manufacturers' data? What's the practical difference
between advertising and the data...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 1st 06, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
The null hypothesis and a heretical suggestion about brushes?

wrote:
. . . same stone grind, same binding position. . . .etc., etc.

Talk to Bert Kleerup of Eagle River Nordic. He's chased data like this
for a lifetime, and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 29th 06, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
The null hypothesis and a heretical suggestion about brushes?

I guess I wasn't clear despite a pretty long post. I'll try again:

In the ski world as I know it we prep skis largely by conventional
wisdom: reps, fast skiers, our pals in the ski shop and our...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 27th 06, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
The null hypothesis and a heretical suggestion about brushes?

I've read several threads about how good or bad various brushes are.
What I haven't seen is any evidence for those claims. If readers know
of any such tests, please let me know - while I find race...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 4th 06, 05:53 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
How useful is high fluoro?

I disagree, use a 2 step approach, LF then fluoro. You'll save a lot of
time and money.
If you are really cheap, you can "borrow" someone's fluoro brush, use
it on your skis, which have...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 3rd 06, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
How useful is high fluoro?

Is there a niche that a high fluoro fills better than a wide range pure
fluoro (e.g., FC1 or Toko Jetstream Moly) that is ironed or corked in
over the temperature appropriate LF?

My experience with...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 27th 06, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Ice skating and X-C ski skating.

cosmicharlie wrote:
Anyone ever study the differences in these disciplines? I gave up
serious ski skating as it was effecting my knees. However, now I'm
back ice skating regularly and am...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20