Showing results 1 to 25 of 74
Search took 0.75 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 4th 09, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
mass start petition

On Jun 4, 7:17*am, Bob wrote:
Daniel wrote:
I don't understand this, please translate it to english.

Forum: Nordic Skiing May 26th 09, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
help w/ rollerskiing

John - I use rollerskiing (skating) for balancing a lot. My preferred
technique is to go for a very long stride spending as much time as
possible over one ski while balancing. *I really try to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 26th 09, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
First RS ride: first ticket

On Apr 25, 4:02*pm, wrote:
On Apr 25, 8:35*am, wrote:

While waiting for the bicycle roads to be cleaned out of the winter
sand and gravel, I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 2nd 09, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Composite Shafts Versus Aluminum

The question is about rollerski shafts, it seems.

yes, indeed. My bad
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 2nd 09, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Composite Shafts Versus Aluminum

On Apr 1, 1:36*pm, ADK Skier wrote:
Has anyone noticed a significant difference in dampening when using
composite versus aluminum roller ski shafts. Been looking at the Jenex
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 25th 09, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
sintered bases, radioactive wax etc

On Mar 25, 11:09*am, wrote:
On Mar 23, 2:05*pm, jeff potter wrote: On Mar 17, 8:58*am, wrote:

A piece of sharpened steel for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 25th 09, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
BC skiing/camping curing a snow storm

On Mar 20, 8:56*am, jeff potter wrote:
Wow, good luck with this.

The following rules seem most relevant:

4. Listen to experienced mountain folks.
5. Respect the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 19th 09, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Battery powered XC skis with air suction for traction?

On Mar 17, 8:57*am, SMS wrote:
On Sunday on Glacier Point Road in Yosemite, there was a guy skiing
along and his skis were making strange noises. It was like he was
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 16th 09, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
sintered bases, radioactive wax etc

Since I have university access to most journals, and resarch is
usually sponsored by the tax payers, I am not feeling guilty about
having captured screen shots from a 1995 paper on sintered UHMWPE...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 16th 09, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
sintered bases, radioactive wax etc

Kuzmin thesis is certainly arguable from pure science point of view.

I see, so it's religion then? There is no such a thing as "pure" or
"non-pure" science.

The thing is that I can buy a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 16th 09, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
sintered bases, radioactive wax etc

At least his thesis opened the minds (and closed the "pores" myth).

His "scientific arguments" in the thesis do not stand even the most
basic scrutiny. The reason why the flaws did not go public...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 15th 09, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
sintered bases, radioactive wax etc

On Mar 15, 4:23*pm, wrote:
There is information from Gurit, base manufacturer :

http://www.gurit.com/core/core_picker/download.asp?documenttable=libr....

1.9mg /cm2 for the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 12th 09, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

On Mar 11, 4:15*pm, (Melinda Shore) wrote:
In article ,

wrote:
Ok. Considering...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 11th 09, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

On Mar 11, 10:26*am, wrote:
Yes, in the Sierras it's a major pain because the snow conditions are so
variable throughout the day.

Yup. *That's why most if not all of us...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 10th 09, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

Finding grip waxable (no "fishscale") backcountry touing skis in the
USA is difficult. *The waxable Fisher E99 Tour and E89 are sold in
Canada but not the US as far as I can tell. *Canada's...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 9th 09, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
looking for a matching Exel Avanti pole

Sorry to not have more info. *I got it from New Moon Ski shop for an
outrageous price (I think it was about $100) n a similar situation to
yours . *But I swithced to Swix before I built it...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 9th 09, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

My first pair of skis, before I ever got any race skis, was the
Madshus Pellestova wax skis (with black sintered base), set up with
SNS-BC bindings. *They have a double camber, fullmetaledges,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 9th 09, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

I've got some Asnes backcountry touring skis withmetal
edges, sintered bases, and no fishscales. *I'm very, very
happy with them.

Hmmm. Never heard of Asnes. Then I looked them up and it...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 8th 09, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

On Mar 8, 1:54*pm, wrote:
On Mar 7, 10:39*pm, "

wrote:
I just got my first bc ski package. My skis are 200 cm...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 8th 09, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
looking for a matching Exel Avanti pole

On Mar 8, 2:05*am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 21:46:31 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
Just broke a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 4th 09, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
US women's national team progression

On Mar 2, 6:39*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
http://www.teamtoday.org/Stories/tabid/391/ctl/Details/mid/763/ItemID...

Um I am not sure I see a pattern. There could...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 3rd 09, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Outdoor Glide Waxing

On Mar 2, 6:07*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 17:40:22 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I would also worry about the fluoro dust...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 3rd 09, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Outdoor Glide Waxing

On Mar 2, 5:18*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:56:30 -0800 (PST), wrote:
The only waxing setup I have in my current home is...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 2nd 09, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Replacing tips on roller ski poles

after mounting the ferrule, while it's still warm, look down the pole
from the ferrule towards the handle (like you would check the
straightness of a piece of timber) and make sure the tip is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 74