Showing results 1 to 25 of 60
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dardruba[_2_]
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 8th 13, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
UK-bound, puzzled

Just as an aside-
We've heard only recently via the press that Americans coming to UK for
the Olympics, Royal Events and Wimbledon etc are arriving with an
inbuilt National belief that British...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 7th 13, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
UK-bound, puzzled

I have heard Scotland is the place to go!
I'll second that.
But just remember this is a small island crammed with people into
villages towns and cities with narrow winding ancient roads and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 28th 13, 07:02 PM Posted to uk.d-i-y,rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
Roll your own rollerskis

Wow, such an interesting response. Thank You. I wish you well in your
enterprise.

I have one final question, should things work out for you and you get
that build up of skills and the opportunity...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 28th 13, 11:13 AM Posted to uk.d-i-y,rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
Roll your own rollerskis

On 26/04/2013 18:21, wrote:
For various reasons, I need ones a couple of
metres long, with ratchet wheels on the front and a REAR braking
system operated by moving my calves.

Hi...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 12th 13, 09:38 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
Waxing New Skis

On 11/01/2013 23:23, Random45 wrote:
I have a pair of skis that I waxed one time before a race this week. I
lost all my glide after about 5Km and was wondering if there are any
good ways to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 31st 12, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
The Tour de Ski climb

Brilliant so far, congrats to all.
I'm fascinated by the finalclimb on the last day January 6 and wonder
how many of our clubs and their ski venues now have a prepared climb.

I guess there's more...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 23rd 12, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
What are Love Handles?

On 23/03/2012 12:28, vidiya sharma wrote:
The unwanted fat reserves around hips, just above abdominal muscles on
either side are known as Love Handles. Fat deposits across the torso
also raise...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 1st 12, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
Mass Starts

I Love Them. When they were introduced in WC races in the mid 80's there
was a lot of opposition from some skiing countries and raised voices at
Team Managers meetings but that seems to have gone...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 13th 11, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
What are the most basic needs for XC?

I think an a brief explanation about the need for wax would be
beneficial at this early stage.
I've seen so many newbies thrutching about on hire skis in the Scottish
forests over the years. They...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 11th 11, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
Barents

On 09/04/2011 18:52, dardruba wrote:
Anyone have a torrent for the Tour de Barents?

I've only got snippets of info -
Petra Madjdic skied off into the sunset after a celebratory parade of
racers...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 9th 11, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
Barents

Anyone have a torrent for the Tour de Barents?
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 22nd 10, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
And the season starts...

NRK mentioned a few times a small hillock about km before the stadium,
just 5m high or less, which was supposedly named "Kalla-kullen", i.e.
the Charlotte Kalla hill?

The English commentator...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 22nd 10, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
And the season starts...

On 21/11/2010 18:36, wrote:
On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 16:54:22 +0100
Terje Mathisen"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote:

wrote:
check isohunt, search fis world cup....
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 21st 10, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
And the season starts...

On 21/11/2010 12:05, dardruba wrote:
On 21/11/2010 06:17, wrote:
check isohunt, search fis world cup. thanks to basilbrush.

I've got a Denied Access message.
It seems this is a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 21st 10, 11:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
And the season starts...

On 21/11/2010 06:17, wrote:
check isohunt, search fis world cup. thanks to basilbrush.

I've got a Denied Access message.
Is this a torrent phrase or just our guys saying 'let the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 16th 10, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
Videos of the Muonio races

On 13/11/2010 21:03, wave1wannabe wrote:
Hey,

Anyone heard from out friend BasilBrush?

I believe our friend recorded from Eurosport.
FIS Media confirmed that their chosen presenter for races...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 13th 10, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
Scanuppia - A training run on the bike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAMXp0r1XhY

Would that surface be suitable for rollski travel?
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 30th 10, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
For Sale - New Swix Carbon CT3 Skate Poles (155cm and 170 cm)

After taking several bangings, these poles are still in one piece.

That's a very honest thing to be admitting !!
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 10, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
Nordic Combined LH / 10 KM race

Whoops. I obviously got the abbreviation wrong, but
according to Sustain Resources 'AUS' it not the abbreviation for any
country.
It would have simply been easier if the U.S. had just swept...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 10, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.olympics,rec.skiing.nordic,rec.running
Replies: 16
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
Is Jacques Rogge a racist?

He is the president of the IOC and not someone I would care to invite
to a party.
I'm being polite and very PC here.

If only people would stop this foolish cross posting there would
be no need...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 10, 09:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
Those Swedish National Team Lycra Headbands?

Was there something different about the blue headband worn by the
Italian guys?
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 10, 08:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
My latest PC problem - Now OT

Ooops The letters OT got missed off the subject line when I moved it to
Send.
My Apologies !!
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 26th 10, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
My latest PC problem

I'm trying to setup DVBDream to view ski races, say from Eurosport, and
to record that, but I'm having trouble setting up the Record entries in
Preferences following a reinstall. I can't find an...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 19th 10, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
News of Petra Majdic

On 18/02/2010 09:29, dardruba wrote:
Would you guys please search your media and keep us all posted with the
latest news on Petra's condition.

Here's some I've found...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 18th 10, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By dardruba[_2_]
News of Petra Majdic

Would you guys please search your media and keep us all posted with the
latest news on Petra's condition.

This describes the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 60