Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 2nd 07, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Bad glide on classic skis

Do this once a year....
Get some cheap wax for temps below 15F.
Wax the skis with the cold wax
Wax the skis with the warm wax
do the previous two step until... forever...

Looks like a good...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 2nd 07, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Bad glide on classic skis

Reading between the lines, when you say that you are new to waxable
classic skis, does this mean that you skied on "patterned" classic
skis that had faster glide, or are you comparing your...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 07, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Bad glide on classic skis

I am absolutely positive that my glide decreased as I wore through the
cold temp kick wax and got down to the binder. I was doing fine with
my partners going up hill, but my downhill glide...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Bad glide on classic skis

On Feb 28, 1:21 pm, wrote:
First thing that comes to mind is durability of your glide wax.
Normally, kick wax wears and so glide improves over time. What did
you do to prepare...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 07, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Bad glide on classic skis

Have you gotten alot of K on the skis since you bought them or have
you gotten them ground from a local shop? Depending on the machine,
it can take from 0-300Km before the skis are...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Bad glide on classic skis

I am new to waxable classics this year and used them for the first
time at the Canadian Ski Marathon and the Keskinada. I seem to be
able to wax well for a decent kick (at least I was able to get up...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 2nd 06, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Spray kick wax

Anybody use the spray kick wax? Thoughts? Durability? Conditions
that it is effective/not effective in?

Thanks!
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 28th 06, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Canadian Ski Marathon

Although we won't be able to ski here in the Midwest for a few months,
my mind is on snow today.

I've skied the Keskinada (skate and classic) a few times. Next
February, I may have the opportunity...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8