Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: WasGitchi
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 08, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By WasGitchi
Info on Hyland Ski in Bloomington, MN?

On Feb 2, 10:21 am, wrote:
More mad, I'm guessing. Hyland would have required some reconstruction
topographically and structurally to come up with a 2-4k contained (sole
use)...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 08, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By WasGitchi
When Is Rex Blue Glide Wax Fast?

On Feb 2, 11:14 am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:24:41 -0600, wrote:
At the very top level, everyone uses
high fluoros on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 08, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By WasGitchi
Info on Hyland Ski in Bloomington, MN?

On Jan 17, 7:24*am, EdV wrote:
I am taking a telemark class which has been very fun abd instructive.
There appears to be some unofficial trail(s) linking the ski slope to
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 08, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By WasGitchi
Toko riller bar question

On Jan 23, 8:42*am, "Brian Pauley" wrote:
Hi,

The Toko riller that comes with two bars comes with the following

Toko Nordic Structurite 2 Riller
Same...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 08, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By WasGitchi
When Is Rex Blue Glide Wax Fast?

On Jan 31, 2:52*pm, ADK Skier wrote:
I bought Rex Blue Glide wax several years ago when I read it's
unbeatable in certain conditions. However it's always slow when I use
it....
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 08, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By WasGitchi
City of Lakes Loppet wax ideas

On Jan 31, 9:33*pm, "Mike" wrote:
With the race right around the corner, what is being kicked around for wax
ideas? *Looks like the forecast is a looking a bit cooler...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 7th 08, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By WasGitchi
Have you had frostbite?

There's also a general problem with increased
cold sensitivity.

When you talk about increase cold sensitivity, do you mean, "the
nerves are more sensitive to cold" or that "you are have...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 7th 08, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By WasGitchi
Have you had frostbite?

We've had topical winter weather here in the midwest for the last
couple of days. So I thought I bring us down to earth - have you
frostbite (FB) before?

I have heard that if you have FB you are...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 13th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By WasGitchi
Not much

Jay - you may not have meant that to be funny, and i'm sure it wasn't
when it happened, but I did get a perverse chuckle when i read it (not
from you guys being in danger, but that church traffic =...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 11th 07, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By WasGitchi
Boot alternatives for roller skiing

I've heard a rumor that there is a salomon boot that was made for
roller skiing, but have never seen it.

Almost everyone I know uses their old boots for roller skiing. If you
don't have an old pair...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 07, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By WasGitchi
Bad glide on classic skis

On Feb 28, 6:42 pm, wrote:
Have you gotten alot of K on the skis since you bought them or have
you gotten them ground from a local shop? Depending on the machine,
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 07, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By WasGitchi
Bad glide on classic skis

On Mar 1, 12:55 am, sherwindu wrote:
I may be oversimplifying the situation, but I think this was a case of the wrong
kick
wax for the air/snow temperature. Did you...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 07, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By WasGitchi
Bad glide on classic skis

mmm. tough one, sounds like you had the kick wax selection. In my
option, diabloc red isn't really fast, but it shouldn't have been
slow.

Have you gotten alot of K on the skis since you bought them...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 22nd 07, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By WasGitchi
If cancelled, informal birkie race on sunday

Time? probably 9:30.

Logistics are bit of a problem, but I assume that everyone can find a
ride back from hayward???

A bcc'd email will be send through peter hanson's email list this
afternoon. ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 21st 07, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By WasGitchi
Hayward, WI Wed Feb 21

On Feb 21, 1:20 pm, "delltodd" wrote:
Sunny and 49f
The thin snow is dying
Winter storm is forecasted to blow thru town the day afterwards
At what point does one consider...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 21st 07, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By WasGitchi
Hayward, WI Wed Feb 21

"
The tricky part is, a fluoro like FC1 which would repel dirt and work
well in humid conditions, does*** usually work so well in new snow.
"
***I meant, "does not"
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 21st 07, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By WasGitchi
Hayward, WI Wed Feb 21

" ANYTHING will work on ice"

This is common mis-conception; that ice is ice, just like snow is snow
is snow.

what is left on the birkie trail isn't just ice, it's dirt, leaves and
maybe even some...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 21st 07, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By WasGitchi
Hayward, WI Wed Feb 21

based on the links off of skinnyski.com, it looks like the damage to
the trail will stop mid-day thursday.

I for one, am 85% sure it will happen. realistically, the question
should be not if we are...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 15th 07, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By WasGitchi
ummm windbriefs

In the past I have found windbriefs to be painfully inadequate. Just
this year I came up this a new system

Underwear, swix hat (folded in half), underwear. long underwear.

This system was quite...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 9th 07, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By WasGitchi
Mora MN Vasaloppet 2003 finish?

On Feb 8, 9:16 pm, " wrote:
Flat-trackin' on Sunday!!!

And I can't wait! I'm too weak to be a good hill-climber, so these
lakes races are great for me. All I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 31st 07, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By WasGitchi
swix 10155 brush

On Jan 29, 8:52 pm, "wintermutt" wrote:
hi.
i bought this brush with some other wax related things.
any idea what purpose this one serves?
i cannot find it on the net.
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 14th 06, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By WasGitchi
what snow-canons are you using for XC tracks?

Bjorn A. Payne Diaz wrote:
I think the reason only a few alpine areas are interested in nordic, is
that they have a nordic advocate and don't really expect to make much
money off nordic. An...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 6th 06, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By WasGitchi
Grip Waxes

Jon,

I would recommend getting binder. ( I like toko's binder) This will
keep the hard wax on the ski.

Toko or swix is probably the best choice for the hard waxes, because
before a race they will...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 4th 06, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By WasGitchi
giant rollerski

Ed,

Have you ever tried double polling on a longboard?

EdV wrote:
Matt wrote:
Ken:

It's a "kick bike". Don't ask me any more about it. I'd love to try one
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 1st 06, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 35
Posted By WasGitchi
New xc ski forum (

The one point that is made there is that sometimes forums can get stuck
in black holes of negativity. (Did anyone look at the Team Today site a
year ago?) A good moderator has to watch out for this.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37