Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: sherwindu
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 07, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By sherwindu
Bad glide on classic skis

I may be oversimplifying the situation, but I think this was a case of the wrong
kick
wax for the air/snow temperature. Did you check to see if you had any snow
sticking to the kick area, which...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 3rd 07, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By sherwindu
Crash!

When I was learning to ski, I was one of those slow guys carefully traversing
down
the hill. I was involved in a collision, or two, fortunately nothing serious.
The point
is that any skier shussing...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 07, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By sherwindu
Crash!

Wish all you speed demons would post where you ski so I can stay away. You
people are just as much a danger to others, as yourselves.

Sherwin...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 18th 07, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By sherwindu
Snow depth reports

Thanks for the reference. However, this map is a bit cumbersome to work with,
and
it shows regions of snow depth rather than actual depths at reporting stations,
which
I consider to be more...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 17th 07, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By sherwindu
Snow depth reports

Can no longer find a good site for snow depths around the lower great lakes. I
used
to go to: http://mrcc.sws.uiuc.edu/Watch/figures.html, but that site is no
longer active.
They gave good coverage...