Showing results 1 to 25 of 71
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike M. Miskulin
Forum: Snowboarding March 22nd 11, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
Ideas about Binding orientation for powder

"Bob F" wrote in
:

I discovered that, because I have my highbacks tilted "forward" this
moved my knee forward, spreading my...
Forum: Snowboarding March 22nd 11, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
Recovery time before hitting the slopes again for a broken shoulder (glenoid fracture)

Decibel wrote in
:

Decibel here, posting back so anyone else searching for this type
of
info has some frame of...
Forum: Snowboarding February 25th 11, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
Would a beginners board work for deep powder?

Champ wrote in
:

You don't say how big you are, but if you're struggling to get
your
board to float, I'd suggest:
- move...
Forum: Snowboarding February 9th 11, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 0
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
Catek bindings?

Wondering if anybody has used the Catek freeride bindings?
Expensive as all get out so unless I win the lotto it is
just a curiosity and not a likely purchase. I need a new
ride first but those...
Forum: Snowboarding February 8th 11, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
Recovery time before hitting the slopes again for a broken shoulder (glenoid fracture)

loveskiinguk wrote in
:

Before you think about hitting the slopes make sure you build your
strength back up so the...
Forum: Snowboarding January 5th 11, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
Recovery time before hitting the slopes again for a broken shoulder (glenoid fracture)

Decibel wrote in :

3 weeks ago I had a bad wipeout on a iced-out run late in the day and
fractured my shoulder. I've had it MRI'ed, x-rayed, CT'd...
Forum: Snowboarding December 22nd 10, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
ankle injuries

Joe Ramirez wrote in :

In terms of whether it's lingering, I'd have to say not really,
although...
Forum: Snowboarding December 19th 10, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
ankle injuries

hey now - any of you ever hurt your ankle riding? I'm told I have
a mild grade 2 sprain on my lead foot just below the knobby bone.
Was traversing on toe edge through about 8" of chop on a steep...
Forum: Snowboarding April 9th 10, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 0
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
relevant science?

From a science blog:

Integrative physiologist Monica Daley of the Royal Veterinary College
(RVC) in Hatfield, U.K., had observed how adeptly the guinea fowl, an
African bird known for its running...
Forum: Snowboarding April 7th 10, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
binding angles

Neil Gendzwill wrote in
:

There's some guys riding duck who carve pretty good trenches. It's
certainly different...
Forum: Snowboarding April 6th 10, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
binding angles

Champ wrote in
:

I've *never* ridden the park :-) And I hardly ever rid switch. I
just feel more stable on the board in a...
Forum: Snowboarding April 5th 10, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 13
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
how fast do you go?

"Christian G. Becker" wrote
in :

Am 05.03.2010 23:49, schrieb Mike M. Miskulin:
hey now - any one ever had their...
Forum: Snowboarding April 5th 10, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
binding angles

"Christian G. Becker" wrote
in :

15/-15 as of this winter, 15/-10 before. First years were 20/5. Started
to go a...
Forum: Snowboarding March 10th 10, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
angulation

"Bob F" wrote in
:

Bob F wrote:

Increase the forward lean of your binding to so that you can still

pretty much as far...
Forum: Snowboarding March 9th 10, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
angulation

probably not of much interest to the park rats but any
tips on heel-side angulation? I feel I've made some
really good progress the past few years, especially on
toe edge but now worry that heel...
Forum: Snowboarding March 9th 10, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 13
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
how fast do you go?

Neil Gendzwill wrote in news:XvWdnUlbzL12-
:

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:
hey now - any one ever had their speed reliably measured?

No,...
Forum: Snowboarding March 9th 10, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 13
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
how fast do you go?

"Sean C" SeanC wrote in :

I have a helmet cam that is decent, but watching bullet cam video does a
terrible job of conveying to the viewer...
Forum: Snowboarding March 9th 10, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
binding angles

Neil Gendzwill wrote in
:

52 front, 47 rear on my Coiler AM. 40 front, 35 rear on my
Tanker.

Neil

ha...
Forum: Snowboarding March 7th 10, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
binding angles

In an effort to get some posts....

So what angles do you guys ride?

I'm in soft boots and this year bumped it up 3 degrees to 24/12
with highbacks rotated as much as it goes.
Forum: Snowboarding March 5th 10, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 13
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
how fast do you go?

hey now - any one ever had their speed reliably measured? I recently had
a skier friend who races regularly say he thought I was going about 40
down one of our more open blue runs while making...
Forum: Snowboarding February 25th 10, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
Olympics

Joe Ramirez wrote in :

So you would cut the halfpipe, all figure skating, and the freestyle
Forum: Snowboarding February 22nd 10, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
Olympics

Switters wrote in
:

Well, some of the old regulars are out there reading.

Must say that I've thoroughly enjoyed the...
Forum: Snowboarding February 15th 10, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
What to look for in a helmet

I know.. its kind of sad.. between the usenet spammers
and dedicated website 'communities' it seems this group
and most others are on the way out...

Personally I would rather use a usenet...
Forum: Snowboarding February 12th 10, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
What to look for in a helmet

Risto Varanka wrote in
:

Hi,

How can I know a helmet is safe & comfortable, trying them on at a
Forum: Snowboarding January 20th 10, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike M. Miskulin
New bindings for my board

Alex wrote in

I've been snowboarding for about 7 years now, and used to have Flow
bindings and loved them. I don't know why...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 71