Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 3rd 14, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
NOS ski prep

One of the kids on our team is the owner of a pair
of new, old stock skis. The model year is, I think,
four years behind the current one. Got a screamin'
deal on them.

These things have been sitting...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 20th 13, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Fanny pack for a bottle and more

On 8/19/2013 9:16 PM, wrote:
Hi,

I searhced the group for ideas but most posts are quite dated and do not really cover what I have in mind.

When I roller ski, I usually...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 6th 13, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Pilot "Sport" Classic Binding?

On 5/5/2013 10:41 PM, wrote:
Isn't the Propulse for skate? Which boots do you have? If the boots
fit, I think any classical binding can be used. What counts is the
flexor....
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 14th 12, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
XC ski hints wanted!

On 12/13/2012 9:52 AM, Bob Schwartz wrote:
The number of skis I've been responsible for on race day took
a jump this year. So I will put in a plug for fluorinated
paste waxes, and the Fast Wax...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 13th 12, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
XC ski hints wanted!

I bought a couple of those cheap Cree XML lights on ebay this
year as an experiment. So far I'm very happy with the result.
Great light and run time for night skiing or trail riding. At
a cost that...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 29th 12, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
What happened to the Nordic Skiing Newsgroup?

On 10/29/2012 12:39 PM, Big Hitter wrote:
Last time I was on here this was a pretty decent newsgroup. I know there was a time when a lot of spam showed up and kind of ruined it. I notice a few old...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 22nd 12, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Powder magazine came!

On 8/14/2012 10:25 PM, gr wrote:
Must mean winter is coming!!

Most people with artillery shoot it year 'round, rather than
just seasonally.
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 2nd 11, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Live FIS channel?

On 11/24/2011 11:05 AM, Brian Pauley wrote:
Hi,

Anyone have a link or idea for an online channel carrying the FIS
nordic races this year?

Thanks,

Brian
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 13th 11, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
What are the most basic needs for XC?

On 11/13/2011 12:08 AM, gr wrote:
I am writing a short article for my local XC club newsletter, aimed at
new XC skiers (or maybe the guys just trying it for the first time
ever), about the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 7th 11, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Snow sighted in Pennsylvania!

On 10/4/2011 3:12 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 21:49:49 -0400
wrote:

Sounds like a sign of an early winter! yahooooooooo!

Was 85F...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 11th 11, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Squaring off roller ski wheels

On 10/14/2010 10:32 AM, Bob Schwartz wrote:
On 8/29/2010 9:25 PM, Bob Schwartz wrote:
Stop me if you've heard this one before... This is not
about selling handbags or shoes.

Someone has...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 10th 11, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Storage waxing without an iron

On 3/9/2011 10:52 PM, Gunde wrote:
Hi Bob,

Consider this http://www.silentsports.net/content/xc-skiing/stories/glide-waxing-borowski-11-2010.php
I have used this crayon/heat gun method, that...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 9th 11, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Storage waxing without an iron

Is this possible?

We have what I consider to be a very successful youth program. We
get a fair number of kids whose parents don't ski. Some of them
live near me. In the fall I spend time working on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 26th 10, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Videos of the Muonio races

On 11/13/2010 7:25 PM, Bob Schwartz wrote:
A related question, has anyone had any luck finding stuff like this
live on fromsport? That's how I've been getting my cyclocross fix.
For example, at...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 14th 10, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Videos of the Muonio races

On 11/13/2010 3:03 PM, wave1wannabe wrote:
Hey,

Anyone heard from out friend BasilBrush? We don't see many Americans
on the podium and to have two Americans win races in one weekend, well
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 14th 10, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
still another type of skates

On 10/14/2010 9:37 AM, Bob Schwartz wrote:
On 10/12/2010 3:42 PM, wrote:
Have these been discussed here yet? they may have a better rolling
capacity on trails than the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 14th 10, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Squaring off roller ski wheels

On 8/29/2010 9:25 PM, Bob Schwartz wrote:
Stop me if you've heard this one before... This is not
about selling handbags or shoes.

Someone has a set of classical roller skis. Maybe they
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 14th 10, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On 10/12/2010 3:42 PM, wrote:
Have these been discussed here yet? they may have a better rolling
capacity on trails than the V2150s.
5 lbs each though.

Forum: Nordic Skiing September 10th 10, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Swedski Popular roller skis

On 9/7/2010 3:03 AM, Colin Blackburn wrote:
I was interested in the recent posts on grinding down wheels as I too
have a pair of second hand classic skis that have seen to much skating.
What's...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 3rd 10, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Squaring off roller ski wheels

On 9/2/2010 4:26 PM, wrote:
I like the bench grinder idea, but just how many more
miles do you expect to get from these wheels until you have no more
wheel to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 30th 10, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Squaring off roller ski wheels

On 8/30/2010 11:40 AM, wrote:
Why didn't you just swap sides or wheels between rollerskis before this
developed, or even after?

You sure some other brand wheels wouldn't fit? ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 30th 10, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Squaring off roller ski wheels

Stop me if you've heard this one before... This is not
about selling handbags or shoes.

Someone has a set of classical roller skis. Maybe they
skate on them, who knows. But at some point the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 10th 10, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 22
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
the secret revealed ...

On 5/9/2010 9:58 PM, wrote:
Dude,

It is very possible to train insanely hard and still
suck. It's really quite easy, anyone can do it.

Sometimes the gift is between...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 10th 10, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 22
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
the secret revealed ...

outsideinmi wrote:
Look at how Kris Freeman trains = insanely hard!
Look at how any world cup skier trains = insanely hard.

I don't believe Northugg trains any harder. He has the genetic...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 9th 10, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 22
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
the secret revealed ...

Terje Henriksen wrote: