Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Hal Murray
Forum: Backcountry Skiing November 24th 10, 07:08 AM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 13
Posted By Hal Murray
Carbon Poles vs. Alum?

In article ,
gr writes:
Is carbon too fragile for backcountry skiing (ie; they break instead of
bend like...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing August 14th 10, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 3
Posted By Hal Murray
PGA Championship 2010.

In article ,
Semoatteway writes:

Have you seen Tiger Wood's awful play at PGA Championship 2010? I think
that his gameplay...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing November 2nd 08, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 3
Posted By Hal Murray
Travel tips for trip to Banff/Lake Louise/Canmore ???

In article ,
writes:
Am planning a nordic ski trip in December in the Banff/Lake Louise/
Canmore area and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 2nd 08, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 4

writes:
Am planning a nordic ski trip in December in the Banff/Lake Louise/
Canmore area and...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing April 27th 08, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 4
Posted By Hal Murray
Daily snowfall data, Lake Tahoe?

I'd like to find a database that contains day-by-day snowfall data for
Lake Tahoe for the past season 2007-2008. My attempts at Google
searching for this have not yet been successful. Any...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing April 4th 08, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.backcountry,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 13
Posted By Hal Murray
Sledge, Pulk?

to unshod walking boots except for very wide crevasses as in large enough to
swallow a sno-cat (think Mawson's Will and his ponies breaking
through snow bridges). Then the ski gives you a false...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 4th 08, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.backcountry,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 16
Posted By Hal Murray
Sledge, Pulk?

to unshod walking boots except for very wide crevasses as in large enough to
swallow a sno-cat (think Mawson's Will and his ponies breaking
through snow bridges). Then the ski gives you a false...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing December 18th 07, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 12
Posted By Hal Murray
strap-ons

I can't believe I'm the only one that gets sore feet from ski boots. So, I'm
serious. Looking for serious responses.

What kind of "sore"? Are they too tight? Are they poking or pinching
in a...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing September 24th 07, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 8
Posted By Hal Murray
Volkl T-Rock mid-chord? or mid-sole mount?

Mount tele bindings at mid-chord. The mid-sole mark is for AT bindings.
The tele skiers I've known on T-Rocks liked them mounted mid-chord.

How far apart are mid-chord and mid-sole?

How...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing January 4th 07, 08:33 AM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 16
Posted By Hal Murray
Anyone recommend a better group?

Pitiful huh? But I'm poised, boards are waxed, just waiting for the
tide to come in eh?

Tide was way out Monday afternoon at Point Reyes. (No gouges in
my skis from that trip.)

--
These are my...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10