Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 5th 07, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Jackson Hole

In February you'll be away from Spring Break season so pretty much any
resort should be okay from a line standpoint.

Have you been to Whistler? That's my favorite place in north america,
and it has...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 28th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
replacement boot liners ?

The unfortunate thing you might find when talking to Surefoot or
another really good bootfitter is that you simply own boots that are
not a good match for your feet. I have narrow feet, so some...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 26th 07, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
MOVING TO JACKSON HOLE

I lived in Chamonix and Whistler, not Jackson, but here's my advice.

Look in the paper for roommates wanted instead of finding your own
apartment. That way you can hopefully hook up with some dudes...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 26th 07, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
replacement boot liners ?

I have no idea how their response via email may be. But I spent a
season in Whistler, where they have a location, and I tell ya, they're
reaaaaaally good at bootfitting. I have a pair of their...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 24th 07, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
replacement boot liners ?

On Mar 23, 9:05 pm, "Ron - NY" wrote:
I f*ucked up and put my boots too close to the heater and melted a piece of
my boot liners . I really like these boots and they're...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing March 21st 07, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Fritschi/Naxo Freeride bindings--- anyone using either?

On Mar 21, 4:34 am, davidof
wrote:
Dll wrote:
I'm not sure what you get with the Prinzess version.

If you are a man you get mountain men telling you...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 20th 07, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Naxo NX21 AT binding--- Anyone using these?

Hey, thanks for your opinion too, Dave.

I dunno why I'm having such a hard time getting my brain around the
binding thing. I like the idea of being able to tour without the
weight and clankiness of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 20th 07, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Naxo NX21 AT binding--- Anyone using these?

Hey sweet, thank you for the link.

I read Lou's 54 Classic Ski and Snowboard Descents book about 6 times.
Awesome. I even did a couple of them.

Thanks for the site--- gonna go do some reading...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 20th 07, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Naxo NX21 AT binding--- Anyone using these?

Ah yes, thank you. REI actually is out of the Fritschi Freeride Plus,
but they have the Naxo NX21. The Naxo after coupon would be $225.00...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 20th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Naxo NX21 AT binding--- Anyone using these?

On Mar 19, 3:39 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
wrote:
...If you have a strong opinion, like
"just get the Fritschi, you won't regret it" feel free to...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing March 20th 07, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Fritschi/Naxo Freeride bindings--- anyone using either?

Rofl, so I *think* that's another vote against Naxos?

On Mar 20, 3:04 am, davidof
I'm thinking Naxo.

Naxo, the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 19th 07, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
To become an expert skier

Just to take this in a slightly different direction...

I spent a season in Chamonix, and a season in Whistler. I became good
friends with some guys who are INCREDIBLE skiers, a couple of whom...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 19th 07, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Naxo NX21 AT binding--- Anyone using these?

Lal_Truckee, here's one of the spots I read about the Fritschi coming
open while skiing downhill. (But the response to my RSBackcountry post
from that other guy convinced me this is no longer a...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing March 19th 07, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Fritschi/Naxo Freeride bindings--- anyone using either?

Ah right on, I get it.

Vielen Danken! Meine Deutsche ist auch nicht so gut, also vielen
besser ob sie mich in englisch repondiert haben!

Chris

that is the first time I tried typing any german in...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing March 19th 07, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Fritschi/Naxo Freeride bindings--- anyone using either?

Hey Uli:

I don't quite understand what you mean about the disadvantage of the
Naxo when going directly uphill. I can't picture what you're saying.
Can you describe it again for me?

Thanks!

Chris
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 19th 07, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Naxo NX21 AT binding--- Anyone using these?

Hmm thanks to you fellas for responding. I pretty much have to make a
decision this week because I want to use my 20% off REI coupon on the
bindings. Although actually I don't think REI sells the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 18th 07, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Naxo NX21 AT binding--- Anyone using these?

Howdy!

My new skis came in the mail, and I'm going to put new bindings on
them. Wondering if anyone here is using the Naxo NX21 at binding?
http://tinyurl.com/2h5nav

I do a lot of backcountry...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing March 18th 07, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Fritschi/Naxo Freeride bindings--- anyone using either?

Howdy!

Just wondering if anyone is using either the Fritschi Diamir Freeride
Plus or the Naxo Prinzzess Freeride A/T bindings. I've always had
traditional alpine bindings and used Alpine Trekkers,...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18