Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: downhill
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 12th 16, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By downhill
Single best exercise for downhill skiing?

JayPique wrote:
So I've got 3 weeks until ski trip and want to maximize my pre-trip
training. I'm trying to narrow it down to the ESSENTIAL skiing
exercises. Ideally only one or two. ...
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 27th 16, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 12
Posted By downhill
Necessary to get new bindings checked?

Walt wrote:
On 10/25/2016 1:25 PM, Toller wrote:
I took in and the tech was confused...

Find a shop where the tech isn't "confused".

It is always a warm a fuzzy feeling when the tech is...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 26th 16, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 12
Posted By downhill
Necessary to get new bindings checked?

lal_truckee wrote:
On 9/25/16 9:10 AM, Toller wrote:

I guess my question is really if bindings are typically accurate from
the factory, or if they can be significantly off.

Don't know...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 11th 16, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 26
Posted By downhill
Jay and Burke in trouble?

Richard Henry wrote:
The Blue Angels appearances at the annual air shows at Pt Mugu and
Miramar were always a break in routine - even 20-year men would stop
and watch the maneuvers. In 1978, a...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 3rd 16, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 34
Posted By downhill
Ski gear cleanout

The Real Bev wrote:
So I am at the marina today rebaiting my lobster traps and this guy
comes over to me with a broken reel and asks me what is wrong with it,
why does it keep spooling out...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 3rd 16, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 34
Posted By downhill
Ski gear cleanout

The Real Bev wrote:
On 09/01/2016 10:28 PM, downhill wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

I have low thresh hold for idiots, if you can not figure out who
works there. Why bother me?

Because...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 2nd 16, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 34
Posted By downhill
Ski gear cleanout

The Real Bev wrote:
On 09/01/2016 09:48 AM, downhill wrote:

I get asked tech questions in Home Depot all the time. My response is I
am not wearing any Orange and I am a consultant and will...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 1st 16, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 34
Posted By downhill
Ski gear cleanout

Richard Henry wrote:
A couple of years ago when I was in my campaign to ski every area
near Lake Tahoe, I rode up on a chair with a guy who had some
unusually short skis with a see-through top...
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 10th 16, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 13
Posted By downhill
military munchkin

Hey any guesses on Horvath?
I am surprised he is not popping off about his presidential candidate.

LV was out testing a redbull formula car looking for her next crop of
medals or speed thrill?

I...
Forum: Alpine Skiing June 2nd 16, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 7
Posted By downhill
Skiers will never see this...

Richard Henry wrote:
...because this road (the short way between Stowe and Cambridge) is closed in the winter --

Forum: Alpine Skiing March 5th 16, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 24
Posted By downhill
volkl kendo vs stockli Stormrider 88

lal_truckee wrote:
You don't even move right into dirt track racing without experience.
Cart is a common starting point, as is dirt bike.

The Brazilian Driver Massa regularly races karts when he...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 5th 16, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 24
Posted By downhill
volkl kendo vs stockli Stormrider 88

lal_truckee wrote:
On 3/4/16 9:33 AM, downhill wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
You are correct; All big time car race drivers got their start on what
is essentially the kiddie go-cart...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 4th 16, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine

lal_truckee wrote:
You are correct; All big time car race drivers got their start on what
is essentially the kiddie go-cart track.

Agreeing with idiots only takes you to their level.

But just...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 1st 16, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 24
Posted By downhill
volkl kendo vs stockli Stormrider 88

lal_truckee wrote:
On 2/29/16 6:59 AM, Joseph VLcek wrote:

Why is it people feel compelled to reply with personal opinions
totally unrelated to the question?

Unlike ...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 29th 16, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 24
Posted By downhill
volkl kendo vs stockli Stormrider 88

The Real Bev wrote:

Anyway, the skier is more important than the ski.

A good skier transcends equipment. That's why I buy all my stuff at
yard sales.

I do not completely agree. I look...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 1st 16, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Posted By downhill
Did New England Ski Areas Get Much From The Storm?

downhill wrote:
wrote:
How much snow did the New England ski areas get from the big storm?

Was talking to competition director at Okemo yesterday during the record
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 25th 16, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote:
How much snow did the New England ski areas get from the big storm?

Was talking to competition director at Okemo yesterday during the record
storm in NY and it was...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 28th 15, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Posted By downhill
As a lark

The Real Bev wrote:
On 12/27/2015 08:33 AM, downhill wrote:
Happy Holidays

Likewise!

Hope your having a good one.
It looks like this group has about as much activity as the northeast has...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 27th 15, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Posted By downhill
As a lark

Happy Holidays
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 21st 15, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By downhill
PNW is picking up

Bob F wrote:

It is at least trying to make up for last years disappointment.

The disappointment is on the east coast this year. Okemo has the most
open terrain in Vermont.
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 9th 15, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By downhill
NE conditions

Richard Henry wrote:
On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 12:41:15 PM UTC-8, downhill wrote:
Dec. 11, 12, 13, races at Killington have been canceled.

Now this tells me it ain`t going snow like...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 8th 15, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By downhill
NE conditions

downhill wrote:
Dec. 11, 12, 13, races at Killington have been canceled.

Now this tells me it ain`t going snow like last year.

With there being two trails open at Okemo.
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 7th 15, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By downhill
NE conditions

Dec. 11, 12, 13, races at Killington have been canceled.

Now this tells me it ain`t going snow like last year.
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 25th 15, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Posted By downhill
Another one bites the dust

Tuxedo Ridge will not open this year.

http://www.tuxedoridge.com/
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 6th 15, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 16
Posted By downhill
I hate to ask, but where is our resident clown??

wrote:
I hate to ask, but where is our resident clown??

There was a record album released a few years ago that might sum it up:

WHO CARES
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100