Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: john
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 14th 10, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By john
atomic waxless g2--any experiences or alternative suggestions

On Mar 7, 9:43*pm, Edgar wrote:
On Feb 28, 7:14*pm, john wrote:

I'd like to own a pair of waxless skis for days when the waxing is a
headaches...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 10, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By john
atomic waxless g2--any experiences or alternative suggestions

I'd like to own a pair of waxless skis for days when the waxing is a
headaches like today (warm wet snow with powder blown into the
tracks).

The RCS seems nice, I saw a closeout Atomic G2 that looks...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 29th 09, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By john
help w/ rollerskiing

On May 26, 10:32*pm, "
wrote:
On May 26, 1:53*pm, wrote:

John - I use rollerskiing (skating) for balancing a lot....
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 23rd 09, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By john
help w/ rollerskiing

I did rollerskiing last summer for the first time where I actually did
it consistently. It was helpful and a great fitness activity, but I
need to fix my technique and rollerskiing just seemed to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 11th 09, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By john
Composite Shafts Versus Aluminum

On Apr 10, 8:37*pm, john wrote:
I have been using the new composite V2 skis with the stiff flex, they
are really nice. *I do notice the reduced road vibration and little
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 11th 09, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By john
Composite Shafts Versus Aluminum

I have been using the new composite V2 skis with the stiff flex, they
are really nice. I do notice the reduced road vibration and little
extra bounce. I swapped the worthless wheels for some...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 11th 09, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By john
Composite Shafts Versus Aluminum

I have been using the new composite V2 skis with the stiff flex, they
are really nice. I do notice the reduced road vibration and little
extra bounce. I swapped the worthless wheels for some...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 25th 09, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By john
Nordic walking question

On Mar 24, 11:16*am, wrote:
As a follow up, some helpful pieces athttp://www.ernordic.com/~ralph/08-09archive/ralph0810.htm#anchor-skiw...

Forum: Nordic Skiing March 24th 09, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By john
Nordic walking question

I was curious about this nordic walking. I have a knee problem that
doesn't allow me to run much and I wanted to do a weight bearing
activity a couple days a week in addition to cycling. My...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 5th 09, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By john
photos from my 1st bc ski

On Feb 4, 2:28*am, "
wrote:
Thank you, all, again, for your encouragement. I just did my first 3-
day (actually, 2 nights and 2.5 days) bc ski...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 09, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By john
backcountry skis on alpine slopes

On Feb 3, 8:02*pm, jeff potter wrote:
A metal edge BC ski of today is probably like the old extreme tele
bump skis we used in the 80's.

Right, you need the metal...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 3rd 09, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By john
question about Gatineau logistics

I'm going up to the Gatineau loppet and staying in downtown Ottawa w/
my family. In a perfect world, I'd like to catch a ride up to the
race start and let my family sleep in--there is mention of a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 3rd 09, 11:50 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By john
backcountry skis on alpine slopes

I was looking to hack around on the local tbar hill with my kids--I
have been using my old 1980's alpine equipment and pretty much hating
it, I was wondering if something like a metal edge...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 29th 09, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By john
wax temp and smoking

OK, thanks, I'm back to my old lower temperture methods I've used for
a long time. Having a thermometer might just be a dangerous thing
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 09, 12:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By john
wax temp and smoking

I got one of the new IR surface thermometer and tested my swix iron
and was suprised to find it was about 190 at setting 9 of 10. I used
this setting to apply some swix blue, but during the process...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 11th 09, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By john
empire games status?

are winter games still on at this point? Summer games seem to be
pretty much kapoot.
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 25th 08, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By john
Sharpening tips with bench grinder--tips?

On Oct 25, 4:32*am, wrote:
When you say two different angles, I'm assuming you bevel them with two
equal edges. *I started by using a single bevel to a point, which
worked well....
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 25th 08, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By john
Sharpening tips with bench grinder--tips?

On Oct 24, 6:53*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:44:32 -0700 (PDT), john
wrote:

I put a green carborundum wheel on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 24th 08, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By john
Sharpening tips with bench grinder--tips?

I put a green carborundum wheel on my bench grinder for sharpening my
roller ski tips, I have not been crazy about the results. I tru to
sharpen then using the two different angles, but end up...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 22nd 08, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By john
why don't we use rubber feet instead of carbide tips torollerski?

On Oct 22, 1:28*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
john wrote:
It seems like a little shoe made of urathane would work just fine for
a rollerski tip, it should last...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 22nd 08, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By john
why don't we use rubber feet instead of carbide tips to rollerski?

It seems like a little shoe made of urathane would work just fine for
a rollerski tip, it should last as long as the wheels, absorb shock,
etc. I wouldn't miss setting my poles into the hard asphalt.
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 22nd 08, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By john
video of nordic walking technique?

BTW you didn't mention your equipment:. If your poles are too long (if
you're using your old ski poles) or if they are too short, it may be
difficult to hit the technique or to find the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 22nd 08, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By john
video of nordic walking technique?

On Oct 21, 4:40*pm, wrote:
On Oct 20, 11:05*pm, Anders wrote:

On Oct 21, 4:46*am, wrote:

Some comments. *In the States,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 17th 08, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By john
Beitostølen: Problems with start field limits!

I just listened to an NRK radio program where they mentioned that the
upcoming race at Beitstølen, the traditional season starter in Norway,
have limited the men's start list to "just"...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 17th 08, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By john
video of nordic walking technique?

On Oct 17, 2:59*am, Anders wrote:
On Oct 17, 3:18*am, john wrote:

I'm trying some of this classic ski walking up hills and maybe I don't
get...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55