Showing results 1 to 25 of 56
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 16th 10, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
nice nordic forum?

On Aug 6, 11:43*am, "
wrote:
which non-google-groups nordic forum currently has the highest signal-
to-noise? Skinnyski? I used to mock...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 30th 09, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
zero/multi waxless skis

After being in several races in the past two years where racers on
zero or multi type waxless skis have done very well, I'm considering
adding a pair to my bag. Any words of wisdom out there? What...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 20th 07, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Mobile phones in the US...

On Dec 19, 6:57 am, Chris Cole wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm travelling to Idaho for the 2008 Masters World Cup in McCall early
next year. I have an ancient mobile phone on a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 25th 07, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
What's the best Snow Sled?

On Nov 22, 1:26 pm, "Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)"
wrote
I want to get my kids a nice snow sled for this Xmas. Is there a good
one out there these days?

They've...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 15th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
roller ski poles

On Nov 14, 10:17 am, polarpoler wrote:
Have any of you tried to make a "take-down" set of ski poles? Perhaps
using a threaded joint at mid-pole? (Maybe like a jointed pool...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 16th 07, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Socks for skiing

On Oct 13, 9:59 pm, "Micheal Artindale"
wrote:
What material is good for skiing?

I have used cotton, and have numerious problems.

1) when wet, they are...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 16th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

wrote:
What material is good for skiing?

I have used cotton, and have numerious problems.

1) when wet, they are...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 8th 07, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
German Training Plans

On Oct 6, 7:30 am, ADK Skier wrote:
I learned yesterday a source in the U.S. got a hold of the German
National Teams training plan. Has anyone else heard of this. It's no
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 14th 07, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Kris Freeman: training hard

On Sep 13, 2:00 pm, Zach Caldwell wrote:
Hi Hugh -
Yeah, Kris's numbers are very big. With respect to rest days I have
found that different people respond well to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 10th 07, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Nordic skates...

On Jul 3, 3:18 am, Chris Cole wrote:
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had much experience with "clip-on" nordic skates in a rink
situation? Pondering the merits of buying some to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 18th 07, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Roller racing with the klap systems

Some racers in the European FIS roller ski races are using the new
klap systems recently discussed on this site. See the picture on
Nordicskiracer.com

Might make sense for roller skis, maybe more...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 18th 07, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Nikolai Anikin Sr. very ill

Nikolai Anikin Sr. past Russian XC great and recently coach and mentor
of skiers in the Duluth area, including John Bauer and his son,
Nikolai Jr., has been diagnosed with advanced colon cancer, and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 10th 07, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Speed Reducers for Marwe 610 skate roller skis

On Jun 10, 11:25 am, mountainwalker wrote:
Is it possible to mount a speed reducer, such as the Jenex V2 speed
reducer, on Marwe 610 skate skis? Has anyone tried...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 10th 07, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
New XC Binding System from 'CadoMotus' out Winter 07-08

On May 31, 2:28 am, "
wrote:
The Nordic Norm method of binding the boot to the ski-using a front-
only binding-has evolved in various modern...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 10th 07, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Snow Making For Local Club

On Jun 8, 2:13 pm, ADK Skier wrote:
We have been kicking around the idea for years about purchasing a snow
making unit for a local group of skiers. Anyone seen some nice...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 13th 07, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Zach Caldwell and his ski tuning company is moving to Canada.

On May 9, 3:52 pm, ADK Skier wrote:
Just checked out Zach's web site for the heck of it and he gives
notice of his move to British Columbia. His wife is taking on a
coaching...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 7th 07, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
nordictrack ankle strap

On May 6, 8:11 pm, wrote:
Have any nordictrack ski machine users out there seen an ankle strap
that will keep your foot securely in place? If one is not available,
I'm...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 1st 07, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Wheel drop/ski direction problem - UPDATE

On Apr 28, 3:21 pm, Larry wrote:
Guys,

Thanks to all for your comments. I've acted upon some of them (the
rubber band part) could sure use more advice.

Since I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 1st 07, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
V2 Aero speed reducer spring

On Apr 30, 9:52 pm, "Gary Jacobson" wrote:
Just give Jenex a call and they will send you one. I've purchased them at
hardware stores.

I've talked to V-2 about them...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 27th 07, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Roller Ski Pole Grip with Toko Gloves (unpadded suede) versus Padded Bike Gloves

On Apr 27, 1:51 pm, wrote:
On Apr 27, 5:49 am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

On 27 Apr 2007 00:40:53 -0700, ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 27th 07, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Wheel drop/ski direction problem

On Apr 27, 1:36 am, wrote:
I'd also be interested hearing if the NMU team actually made the mod
you spoke of. I didn't see it in the photos of them rollerskiing and
presumably...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 27th 07, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
S-Lab boot on/off?

On Apr 25, 6:11 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
I've been trying a pair of Salomon S-Lab skate boots and am having
trouble getting them on and off. I've been using a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 27th 07, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Wheel drop/ski direction problem

On Apr 26, 10:13 pm, genegold at highstream dot net
wrote:
On Apr 24, 8:24 am, "

wrote:
3. Sten Fjelheim,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 24th 07, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Wheel drop/ski direction problem

On Apr 23, 9:36 am, Larry wrote:
Hi,

My setup is 150 Combies with NNN R3 skate bindings (red flexors, the
stiffest). With 150ies being as heavy as they are, there is
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 20th 07, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Nordic Track redux

I read in a recent post in another subject about older posts
critisizing Nordic Tracks for promoting bad technique, so I went back
and read them. I agree and disagree..

Nordic Tracks are readily...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 56