Showing results 1 to 25 of 59
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 30th 13, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
simply glide

Hi,
I've compiled a few pages about the "no glide wax" approach initiated by Leonid Kuzmin.
Also in french, which was my initial intention, as information on steel scrapping didn't exist in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 13th 13, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
V1 slow motion

He's certainly tired, but Peter often has that sloppy attitude... just before doing his famous final sprint. It's a way for him to achieve maximum relaxation, I think.
I've always noticed his way of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 11th 13, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
V1 slow motion

olsson, Manificat, Hellner, Northug, Cologna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd-Bb5RuCRg

What's up with Peter Northug ?
Is he actually achieving to push backward instead of sideway ?

For the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 13, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Waxing New Skis

Hi,

There is no such thing as a saturated base. According to base manufacturer data, something like 1.6g can dissolve into the entire base and this will not solve you problem.

Forget about...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 29th 12, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
What happened to the Nordic Skiing Newsgroup?

Lack of new products and real breakthrough.
Not Lance Armstrong equivalent...

Innovation seems to be limited to put carbon everywhere and allow re-waxed skis during world cup long skating races....
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 26th 09, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
sintered bases, radioactive wax etc

"a price" is not a quantitative statement. For $70 I order custom
Bridgeport mills with a 0.001" tolerance, not a simple tool with 4
edges.

We already understood that your tolerance as regards of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 25th 09, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
sintered bases, radioactive wax etc

On Mar 23, 2:05*pm, jeff potter wrote:
On Mar 17, 8:58*am, wrote:

A piece of sharpened steel for $70 Euros?

Is there a cheap equivalent...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 19th 09, 09:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
chevron structures

*Many people on this newsgroup hold Zach Caldwell
up as the Guru of Structure; having spent time with him, I think he's
got way too much common sense (along with a quick wit) for me to tag
him...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 18th 09, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
chevron structures

On Mar 18, 10:22*pm, highpeaksnordic
wrote:
On Mar 18, 12:09*pm, wrote:

I do not know what the science is, but my understanding of heavy
structures...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 18th 09, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
chevron structures

Where's the science behind chevron structures ?

A "diagonal" structure has certainly an effect to create water
droplets and broke them into smaller droplets to glide onto.
But I don't imagine a ski...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 09, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
sintered bases, radioactive wax etc

A piece of sharpened steel for $70 Euros?

What about a Swix T405 riller at 1439 €
;-0
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 16th 09, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
sintered bases, radioactive wax etc

Very, very sad that
the public takes it seriously. But very common, too.

I've asked him where he got those skis with transparent bases. He
replied me that he got them directly from Madshus who...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 16th 09, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
transparent bases

Are transparent bases used in world cup events ?

if yes, is there any ski brand selling them ?
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 16th 09, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
sintered bases, radioactive wax etc

There was a discussion about Kuzmin in this group some time ago. I
read his "scientific" thesis and found it disturbingly ignorant about
what science is.

At least his thesis opened the minds...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 15th 09, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
sintered bases, radioactive wax etc

There is information from Gurit, base manufacturer :

http://www.gurit.com/core/core_picker/download.asp?documenttable=libraryfiles&id=153

1.9mg /cm2 for the PT4000 "electra".
Note another...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 9th 09, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Fluoro wax brushes separate?

Are those experts selling brushes, by chance ?

Keep you brushes clean of wax, just for the purpose of keeping your
wax box clean
Keep your mind clean of myths.

While brushing you're basically...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 6th 09, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Duracell bunnies at Liberec

On Mar 2, 5:40*pm, wrote:
It's hard not to be impressed with Therese Johaug and Valentina
Schevchenko's performances at Liberec. *High turnover with short glide
neither looks very...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 26th 09, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Scary Waxing Recommendations

waxing guides, from the chemistry source

http://www.dragonski.com/commun/waxing_guide_en.htm
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 7th 08, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Fans' Skiing Commentary and Analysis

Impressive job. THis blog is promising

Fore those interested in power caclulation figures

TDF 2007 figures http://www.cyclismag.com/article.php?sid=3466
Giro 2007 figures...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 23rd 08, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Kuzmin Sickle

ski polishing tools are derived from wax removing tools and, IMHO, are
not optimal at polishing.
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 23rd 08, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Kuzmin Sickle

On Apr 23, 12:59 pm, ADK Skier wrote:
Would anyone with experience using a Kuzmin Sickle share how the base
comes out when this cutting tool. For example does the base come...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 22nd 08, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Jenex Omni-Prep

I think that no-wax way and no-hair-on-base way of glide offer the
opportunity to use other (better) tools.

Polishing with rotary brush is derived from removing wax.
Current rotary tools are...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 22nd 08, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Jenex Omni-Prep

Thanks for the replies.

I am
becoming more and more anti-rotary with time and experience.

Juste the reverse with me...
Less time waxing, more time skiing.

I bought a Kuzmin sickel an obtained...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 21st 08, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Jenex Omni-Prep

Hi,

I'm looking for an online shop to order Omni-prep Rotary, shipping to
France.

Please advice.
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 17th 08, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
WHITE = WAX

On Apr 17, 1:55 am, "Jeff and Stephanie Kalember"
wrote:
wait, NO WAX on skis resulting in NO WHITE spots means the white spots are
due to WAX !!
??

Showing results 1 to 25 of 59