Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 20th 14, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
World Cup xc-ski videos

Great! XC Thanks!

Forum: Nordic Skiing December 20th 14, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
World Cup xc-ski videos

Hi there,
As some of you may know, the P2P ThePirateBay.org website has been shut down once and for all it seems, so it is no longer possible to download up-to-date WC xc-ski events that have been...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 25th 13, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Anybody else smell a little winter in the air?

The ski season is starting next week in QC at the Montmorency Forest Station (http://www.fm.ulaval.ca/PA/ski.asp) with a 1.5 km trail with snow from last year. And the weather forescast is 10 cm of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 10th 09, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Alex Harvey out of the Canadian team!

Epilogue of the Alex Harvey saga:

Yesterday (Friday), Tom Holland and Alex Harvey agreed with some
compromise on both sides. Alex will participate to three out of the
four Canadian "A" team camps...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 6th 09, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Alex Harvey out of the Canadian team!

Last news from the local Quebec paper: this is Tom Holland, the head
of the so-called "High Performance" Ski committee who decided to
retrograde Alex Harvey. However, the news says that his decision...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 5th 09, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Alex Harvey out of the Canadian team!

Probably the greatest xc-skier in Canada, Alex Harvey has been pulled
out from the Canadian cross-country team and its funding because he
wants to stay and train at the (father's) Pierre Harvey...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 28th 09, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
First RS ride: first ticket

That may indeed be true,but are you saying the rule is BS because you
don't think the level of use would be detrimental to the trail? *If
so, how do you know?

I am not saying that the rule is...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 25th 09, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
First RS ride: first ticket

While waiting for the bicycle roads to be cleaned out of the winter
sand and gravel, I went on a 1 km asphalted loop located on the
Abrabham Plain park in Quebec City. This loop welcomes inline...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 3rd 09, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Usual wax pocket theory seems wrong...

At the WC level, skiers work with about 30 pairs of classic skis and
30 pairs of skate skis. Then they choose the 4-5 best (best gripper
and best glider) for travel during WC season.
If we had the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 27th 09, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Ontario and Quebec ski touring

The "Charlevoix ride" (http://www.traverseedecharlevoix.qc.ca/) is a
tremendous 105 km 5-7 day backcountry ski ride. I enjoyed it a lot
when I was a "wildskier". They can even carry your luggages...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 27th 09, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Ontario and Quebec ski touring

The "Charlevoix Ride" is a great backcountry trail to do (http://
www.traverseedecharlevoix.qc.ca/) by camping or going from shelter to
shelter. The luggages can even be carried form shelter to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 18th 09, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
On the computaion of FIS points

But a question comes to me: if the FIS points (negative point system)
serve only for determining the start list, what does happen if the
"red group" wants to start first intead at the end of the next...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 18th 09, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
On the computaion of FIS points

On 18 fév, 10:22, Rominger wrote:

I hope I helped a little bit and didn´t confuse you even more.

Thanks Rominger for the clarification. Sometimes things look simpler
than they...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 18th 09, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
On the computaion of FIS points

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how FIS points are computed for each skier
on the WC. In the FIS Website, the cross-country formula is the
folowing:

P = (F x Ti/To) - F

where
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 18th 09, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Need Repair Advice

This is what I did with sinilar scratches and it worked out perfectly:
If you have some wax remover use it to clean the base of the ski.
Repair the scratches to the base with a petex candle. A quiet...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 25th 08, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Tour de Ski Predictions

Here are my picks for the Tour de Ski, based on very subjective
examination of their strengths so far this year:

Men
1- Axel Teichmann (GER)
2- Sami Jauhojaervi (FIN)
3- Lukas Bauer (CZE)
4- Eldar...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 18th 08, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
how long is you kick zone???

I have a pair of Fischer RCS 202 cm classic cold, medium stiffness,
and my wax zone is 48 cm (19 in.) and klister zone, 40 cm (16 in.). A
small kick zone indeed. I weight 152 lbs which is in the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 18th 08, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Shame on shades

The Casco shield does not have what one could say a superb design (for
women at least). I visited the Casco site you mentioned, and it shows
also the new PROFILE design which looks more a sport shade...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 08, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Shame on shades

For my xc-skilady's birthday,
I bought the best shades my dealer holds at my ski shop: the Adidas
Evil-eye Explorer with all the Climacool and SPX technology and what
else for greater ventilation. My...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 08, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
The world cup finals

Hi,

You will find the races as P2P file sharing at http://thebox.bz/login.php.
Once you have registered, go in the "BROWSE" menu and look for "World
Cup Skiing".

ro
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
What's on Bauer's skis?

Hi group,

Have you noticed Lucas Bauer superior glide in almost every WC races
this year (by the way many thanks to Oscar, Terge and all for posting
the WC races!!!)? Every time Lucas Bauer passes...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 13th 08, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Race Hydration

On 13 jan, 14:40, "Wily Coyote" wrote:
Having only recently begun using poles with the new "ergo" straps (Swix
Profit, Exel whatever they're called), I've discovered...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 3rd 08, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Tour de Ski Torrent: Men's Freestyle Pursuit (Nove MEsto,12/29/07)

On 1 jan, 20:05, doogiski wrote:
;118704 Wrote:

Thanks for the effort. Anyone get it to play? I tried six players and
only VLC even ran...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 2nd 08, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
NRK has live transmission of Tour de ski over internet!

On 2 jan, 15:40, wrote:
On Dec 28 2007, 9:11 pm, Oskar K wrote:

http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/sport/spill

That's the link to live tv during the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 29th 07, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
NRK has live transmission of Tour de ski over internet!

Terge,

I tried the connection to NRK (mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_m)
and my WMP also had problem with the buffer. In the panel Performance
in the Tool/Option menu, I set the connexion to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31