Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rob White
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 6th 09, 10:17 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By Rob White
Grenoble to Serre Chevalier

If you go on the Serre Chev website there is a link to the Col traffic
conditions, I could see from there that it was no no-hoper and my son
(already there) called to confirm. I think you could...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 3rd 09, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By Rob White
Grenoble to Serre Chevalier

I did the same journey on the 24th January. The pass was closed, so chains
were irrelevant. We had to take the motorway and go round the Frejus tunnel
and then via Cesana and Montgenevre. We did...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 10th 08, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By Rob White
Is Ever Going To Stop Snowing?

Just make sure that the gold and the beer is tied down near the centre of
gravity and you will be OK. Michael Cain had it loose and sliding about. I
was on a coach to SC some years ago when the...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 6th 08, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Rob White
Mayrhofen/Hintertux

We've done France very often over the last few years and Austria would be a
nice change. We're a couple of good intermediates not put off by steep
reds or blacks, but are quite at home on cruisy...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 11th 07, 09:03 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob White
Toxic Ski and snowboard wax polluting groundwater???

Just another envio scare from an American company flogging its own product.
He bangs on about the "foreign" waxes as if the USA waxes are any different
and then stresses how his product is from...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 18th 07, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Rob White
Scheduled Flights and ski boots

I've never been charged for boots or excess baggage by any airline, no
matter how overweight I've been. Last week was typical - me and the wife
had two bags @ about 20kg each, plus her boot bag,...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 29th 06, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Rob White
Moooore Snoooow Pleeeeeease....

Just got back from Espace Killy. Tignes is doing really quite nicely. The
run to Breviere is shut and there are some stony patches here and there but
most pistes are in pretty good shape -we had...
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 16th 06, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob White
Annecy area...

We stayed in Talloires at the beginning of June. Nice little village, two
decent cafes for breakfast if you want to eat out, a Spar shop and a number
of very good (and some very pricey!)...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 12th 06, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 19
Posted By Rob White
Les Arcs/La Plagne

We've been to La Plagne a couple of times and feel that it is not demanding
enough and the runs lack variety, and decided not to go there again.
However, We've been asked to join group in Les Arcs...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 11th 06, 08:52 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Rob White
Experience with luggage delivery companies?

Why not check out UPS or DHL?

Rob

"Sidheag McCormack" wrote in message
Only a question about a European resort in that that's...
Forum: European Ski Resorts August 17th 06, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob White
Recommendations For Somewhere A Bit Special

"James Hart" wrote in message
Rob White wrote:
We have skiied regularly for the last 10 years, usually 2 -3 times a
year and...
Forum: European Ski Resorts August 16th 06, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob White
Recommendations For Somewhere A Bit Special

We have skiied regularly for the last 10 years, usually 2 -3 times a year
and have normally done so on a budget of about £700 to include travel, 1/2
board or chalet board accommodation and the...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12