Showing results 1 to 25 of 87
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jan Gerrit Klok
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 13th 11, 12:08 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
I have similar experience. Last year I made the...

I have similar experience. Last year I made the definate switch to midfoot landing. This not only solved an injury that seemed certain to cripple me for life (severe over-pronation causing horrific...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 30th 10, 09:02 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Thanks for sharing! Also to be...

Thanks for sharing!

Also to be recommended:
http://www.youtube.com/user/intrepid1traveler
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 24th 10, 06:13 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
I've been interested in Combi skis for groomed...

I've been interested in Combi skis for groomed touring. A skater primarily, I sometimes will stumble upon classic-only trails which I cannot double pole all the way up (need to work on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 22nd 10, 07:28 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
How good are Leki HM Shark poles? Pls help

Hi,

I don't have access to doorfront ski shops too well, but shop for good poles.
Found a somewhat discounted pai of 175cm HM Sharks. I like the idea of the trigger grips, very, very much.
But I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 15th 10, 01:21 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Like 2 of those magic wheels! I think I had an...

Like 2 of those magic wheels!
I think I had an idea like that when I was first exposed to footage of those.

That weight can surely be improved upon with some good engineering. I'm already involved...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 8th 10, 10:20 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Wow, Thorax looks AWESOME. Already though, I fear...

Wow, Thorax looks AWESOME. Already though, I fear it may be undersized. I am 6'4" and use 175 poles when on regular shoes I suppose. I might run out of "track", judging from the video?
No prices?...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 11th 10, 05:23 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
I like shutes for their cool factor, but never...

I like shutes for their cool factor, but never tried any.

Why not just get slow wheels, or "brake" bearings?
I used to have 4*90mm Continental wheels (made for wet conditions, awefully slow beyond...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 27th 10, 10:26 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
I've ridden such roads. Hard to imagine how steep...

I've ridden such roads. Hard to imagine how steep they really are from film.

I suppose 150mm pneumatic wheels with rolls decently there for people who claim they use them on seashell chip type dirt...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 13th 10, 10:55 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
While sprinting is indeed a genetic talent, I...

While sprinting is indeed a genetic talent, I have something else to offer as a consideration.

I was in my early 20's, wanting to be a good MTB racer. Really tall, heaviest rider in the scene. I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 2nd 10, 02:57 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Could you please offer an example of clear...

Could you please offer an example of clear footage of this special jump skate by Northug please?
Technique can always be improved. His playful double poling sprints, coming from way behind in classic...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 24th 10, 11:49 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
I have them, but rarely use. Skiing on roads is...

I have them, but rarely use. Skiing on roads is just not in the same league for enjoyment as on snow. Like a totally different sport to me. I can ski alone for weeks, but can't get myself out the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 23rd 10, 09:33 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
So superficial. If more are like you and Gene, no...

So superficial. If more are like you and Gene, no wonder it's had to get any decent online info on skiing. Learn some from cycling. I hope your mothers are proud.
There is always one less and one...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 10, 09:52 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Interesting how things need to be made personal,...

Interesting how things need to be made personal, "patience young grasshopper, so much to learn". Never had that in the bike scene, and never treated anyone that way myself. If someone had an...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 10, 09:24 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
You're getting old if you mistake 4 years for 1...

You're getting old if you mistake 4 years for 1 :-)
I fail to see the relevance though.
Would you rather trust a manufacturer's story than to read a review on a new product from an actual...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 16th 10, 08:50 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
I was perplexed at the difference Pilot II made...

I was perplexed at the difference Pilot II made over Pilot. I could see a combination of bumper and only the second Pilot II pin. Think cycling shoe, the range of motion, power, and pressure. That's...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 16th 10, 01:00 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
I wrote a review of the Wedges on...

I wrote a review of the Wedges on www.xcskiforum.com , maybe even cross-posted here.

Wedges? Night and day, yes, BUT mostly when using Pilot II boots, AND the Salomon skis which already have a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 12th 10, 10:57 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_wzsqWLUds http:/...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_wzsqWLUds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz7ZMZDwmyc

Interesting to see that tall stack height under the feet.
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 7th 10, 06:55 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Sorry to break it to you, but your spousal unit...

Sorry to break it to you, but your spousal unit is part of the problem. If skis and boots last this long before they "get old", you can do the relatively easy math of how many pairs of skis can be...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 10, 12:18 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Thanks for responding with your insight Terre....

Thanks for responding with your insight Terre. And congrats on your road crossing free trails :-)
Austria has made me a champ at getting out and in of skis. I at times get skiing before I'm fully...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 10, 07:17 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
It would have been less boring if the...

It would have been less boring if the change-skis-pit had been on a longer de-tour.

Pro skiers seem to be quite challenged by having to put on their skis, and get going on them. Recreational skiers...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 10, 11:28 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
He wouldn't be the first old grey to combine...

He wouldn't be the first old grey to combine racism with sexism. He's one for two for sure. Read his degrading comments towards women and their persuit of Olympic status. He lost his invite to my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 26th 10, 08:35 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
In the US, as that particular country is being...

In the US, as that particular country is being discussed on this global venue, the NoCO skiers seems to absolute world top class. Few in the world match them.

Biathlon, the best US athlete in the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 10, 08:28 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Once at a run-bike-run event, they gave everyone...

Once at a run-bike-run event, they gave everyone a cotton bandana. You tie it behind your head, once. A flap falls over it to make it more tidy looking. You then use it, wash it, and use it, the knot...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 10, 06:52 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Baskets or grips to add length to my $$$ poles?

Hi all,

I have Fisher Carbonlites. I ordered 175cm, but they are not a mm longer than my 172.5cm Rossignol Worldcups. Cork grips worn out, barkets useless for casual skiing, but the shafts are...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 10, 06:10 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Jan Gerrit Klok
Culture is everything. Status of the...

Culture is everything. Status of the athletes.

See Belgium, cyclo-cross racing. 9 million citizen, and hard to beat. Czech Republic is picking it up nicely of late.

Norway, what, 4 million or so?...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 87