Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ralph Scott
Forum: Backcountry Skiing January 4th 07, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 16
Posted By Ralph Scott
Anyone recommend a better group?

telemarktips.com is definitely the place for BC ski info. Check out
the forums section for info. and great pics. If anyone knows a regular
cross country site of that quality, I'd sure like to know...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 19th 06, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 23
Posted By Ralph Scott
Usenet vs PHP forum

I'm not sure of the technical jargon, but if you want to see the all
time user unfriendly format check out the University of Vermont's
Ski-Vt-L. The daily digest is a mess. While I'm at it I'll...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 7th 06, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Ralph Scott
Salmon Hills Call Before You Go

I was at Camp Mericer, North of Quebec one New Year's. It was a
terrible early snow year, Craftsbury was without snow. The locals were
complaining of no snow and it was up to the top of the picnic...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 6th 06, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Ralph Scott
Lake Placid Mini-review

The maps I am talking about are made by the trail association and are
large, in color, heavy stock paper and very good. Advertising on the
map pays the way. Two easy places to pick up the trail is...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 6th 06, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Ralph Scott
Lake Placid Mini-review

I've been on a group trip to LP the last weekend in January,
mid-season, for the last few years. Limited snow each year, with last
year being particularly bad. This year I'm waiting for the snow...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 6th 06, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Ralph Scott
Salmon Hills Call Before You Go

I took a look at Salmon Hills when it was in bankruptcy a few years
ago. I sensed the previous owner really worked at it, but just
couldn't make a financial go of it. The grooming was...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 5th 06, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Ralph Scott
Lake Placid Mini-review

Detailed Jack Rabbit trail maps are generally all over town in the
information racks. Two other great backcountry skis are the ski to
Lake Colden starting near the ADK lodge and the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 23rd 06, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Ralph Scott
Craftsbury Marathon

Lodging in that area of the Northeast Kingdom is limited. The best
place to stay would be at the Nordic Center itself, but I imagine it
has been sold out for months (I go there for New Year's each...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8