Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim Howe
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 8th 05, 06:33 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim Howe
Gene, Thanks for the information. I find myself...

Gene,

Thanks for the information. I find myself wantng more pole length when double poling while classic skiing. I don't seem to notice the 160cm pole as being to long while striding - I'll have my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 26th 05, 12:58 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim Howe
nordvind, I've rollerskied on V2 Aero 125s, V2...

nordvind,

I've rollerskied on V2 Aero 125s, V2 940 Combis, Elpex F1,homemade rollerskis. All have aluminum shafts and the main differences were between the wheels - Size, speed, pneumatic or...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 21st 05, 06:47 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim Howe
Here's a better...

Here's a better picture?

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/42b848f8_10024/bc/My+Pictures/rs05.jpg?BCpHGuCBQjt3S05S
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 21st 05, 02:37 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim Howe
vagle, Initially I was concerned about my weight...

vagle,

Initially I was concerned about my weight (83-87kg) exceeding the capacity of the Marwes. I contacted Finn Sisu and they assured me that my weight would not be a problem. They stated that...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 21st 05, 02:21 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim Howe
Nathan, I recall a company called Summit America...

Nathan,

I recall a company called Summit America Insurance will cover coaches, camps and amateur sporting events.

http://www.summitamerica-ins.com

Jim
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 20th 05, 05:23 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim Howe
Marwe 610; First 150kms

I have had my Marwe 610 rollerskis for ~3weeks and I have skied about 150kms on them. I have found these freestyle rollerskis simulate the real thing better than other freestyle rollerskis I have...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 8th 05, 05:20 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Howe
[QUOTE=Alex] why Veerpalu was using five-year...

[QUOTE=Alex]

why Veerpalu was using five-year old Fischers when he won at
Otepaa this year?

Alex
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 4th 05, 05:01 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim Howe
I weigh 190lbs. Finn Sisu said my weight would...

I weigh 190lbs. Finn Sisu said my weight would not be an issue with the 610s.

Jim
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 3rd 05, 08:55 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim Howe
I called Finn Sisu and was told my skis were...

I called Finn Sisu and was told my skis were drilled correctly. The longest extension of the heel should form a 90 degree angle with the front edge of the mud flap when looking straight down at the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 3rd 05, 04:15 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim Howe
Marwe 610 Binding Installation

I purchased the Marwe 610s from Finn Sisu. I ordered them predrilled for Salomon Profil bindings. I noticed when I mounted the bindings that the holes had been drilled further forward of the location...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 1st 05, 03:46 PM
Replies: 53
Posted By Jim Howe
Is it important to know when I try to incorporate...

Is it important to know when I try to incorporate this in my skiing that Carl Lewis' butttocks was "well-defined"?

Jim
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 21st 05, 01:27 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim Howe
Rollerski Selection Advice

Hello,

My two y/o homemade rollerskis suffered catastophic failure last week. One rear fork sheared off while skiing downhill, sending me into a ditch. Failure probably resulted in my weight...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 19th 05, 02:09 AM
Replies: 53
Posted By Jim Howe
I've taken two skating clinics from Nathan, and I...

I've taken two skating clinics from Nathan, and I believe he has helped my technique alot.

I think this forum is quite lucky to have someone like Nathan answering questions, commentiing, and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 10th 05, 04:52 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim Howe
I'm not a doctor and I won't play one on the...

I'm not a doctor and I won't play one on the internet.

However, I fell rollerskiing on a descent in the Fall of 2003. I landed on my right arm and pole - HARD. I did not have any pain and continued...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 8th 05, 06:24 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim Howe
Thanks for the response Jay. This won't be much...

Thanks for the response Jay. This won't be much of a factor for my wife who is a recreational skier.

Jim
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 7th 05, 10:37 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim Howe
Tips Splay

I just purchased a pair of Atomic RS10s (off the web) for my wife who weighs 120lbs (54.5kg).

I tested the skis according to Nat Brown's guidelines (from his ski prep book). When I squeeze these...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16