Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Crawford
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 07, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris Crawford
ISO WTB pole hand straps

Hi - I'm trying to rejuvinate a pair of nice old skate poles. Anyone
have some old around-the-back-of-the-hand type straps, new or used,
they would like to sell. I don't care about the fitting on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 29th 06, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Chris Crawford
Rollerski wheel wear patterns

Hi - I'm wearing down a set of 100mm rubber wheels skating on eagle
rabbits and swapping left/right each outing. I'm wondering if anybody
thinks wear patterns can give any insight into technique. ...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing November 17th 06, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Chris Crawford
XC skiing in Colorado

Nordic centers at Breckenridge, Eldora, Frisco, Snow Mountain Ranch,
Devil's Thumb Ranch - all within 90 minutes of Denver, all with snow by
Christmas, All have websites.

Chris
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 17th 06, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Chris Crawford
XC skiing in Colorado

Nordic centers at Breckenridge, Eldora, Frisco, Snow Mountain Ranch,
Devil's Thumb Ranch - all within 90 minutes of Denver, all with snow by
Christmas, All have websites.

Chris
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 30th 06, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris Crawford
ski trabs

I've been skiing on a pair of tjheir high-end skate skis for 2 seasons.
I really like them. They are not as soft as Atomics; i'm no expert
on comparing skis though. Do a search in this group -...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 18th 06, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.boats.paddle
Replies: 24
Posted By Chris Crawford
Race speeds/effort in paddling? How much force on each pole?

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that any gains by the leader are
"meaningful". I don't beleive that they are any more ceraminc bearings
or hollow-pin chains will improve your cycling performance....
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 18th 06, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.boats.paddle
Replies: 24
Posted By Chris Crawford
Race speeds/effort in paddling? How much force on each pole?

In order to benefit from drafting, you've got to be in the drafting
bubble behind the cyclist immediately in front of you. And in a
crosswind the bubble will NOT be directly behind the rider in front...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 17th 06, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.boats.paddle
Replies: 24
Posted By Chris Crawford
Race speeds/effort in paddling? How much force on each pole?

Drafting helps both riders/drivers. Rear rider is helped by decreased
frontal air flow (the obvious one) and the front rider is helped by
having the turbulent air flow moved to the back of the rear...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 16th 06, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris Crawford
Which Autumn Camp?

Hi - I'm in Colorado. Do you have any details about this camp?

Thanks,
Chris
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 15th 06, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 24
Posted By Chris Crawford
How much force on each pole?

Jeff - perhaps this coach was mixing units and was referrring to the
forces on the paddle per square inch or centimeter.

Chris
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 14th 06, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 24
Posted By Chris Crawford
How much force on each pole?

Jeff - those forces sound pretty low to me. Just imagine yourself with
cables on a gym machine. 5 lbs. of force down through your hand would
be enough to balance a 5 lb plate on the machine: not...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 30th 06, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris Crawford
Buying roller-ski experience

The question I have is whether the binding should have been bolted to
the rollerski (as mine are) through the holes in the binding or whether
adhesive is enough.

Chris
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12