Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DZN
Forum: Alpine Skiing June 11th 09, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By DZN
Usenet News Reader

Any good free ones to recommend. My ISP, att.net, dropping Usenet coverage
in a few weeks.
Forum: Alpine Skiing May 1st 09, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 81
Posted By DZN
anniversary

"Dave Cartman" wrote in message
In article ,
The Real Bev...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 24th 09, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 43
Posted By DZN
ski poles 46"

"Ron - NY" wrote in message
*** I have to buy new poles. *** I only want to spend about $50
***and

I like the Leki...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 24th 09, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By DZN
Custom Injectable Boot Lines

I need to replace my ski boots. I am wondering if anyone has any experience
with custom injectable boot liners? I can't tell if they're an ingenious
idea or a gimmick. I'll spend the money if...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 22nd 09, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 21
Posted By DZN
Long Underwear

How about that, a response, two actually, that are actually responsive and
helpful.

Thanks.

On 2009-02-20...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 21st 09, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 21
Posted By DZN
Long Underwear

I didn't write it the first time but am looking for MEN'S long underwear.

"DZN" wrote in message
I don't...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 21st 09, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 21
Posted By DZN
Long Underwear

I don't like anything in my ski boot but my foot and the thinnest ski sock I
can find. So, I let my long underwear bunch up at the top of my boot. It
occurred to me that other people must do this...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 20th 09, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 14
Posted By DZN
Vail Late March

I had thought of that but I was hoping someone with skiing experience at
Vail might have specific hints.
wrote in message...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 20th 09, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 14
Posted By DZN
Vail Late March

I will be at Vail late March. I expect Spring conditions. Ice in the
morning, slush in the afternoon. It seems to me there must be a skiing
pattern that reduces this, like skiing in the sun in...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 17th 09, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 30
Posted By DZN
Walt: How was your BFNE Ski trip

You wrote:

I'll be in Massachusetts the week after next and intend on spending the
week day-skiing the resorts nearby. I'm staying at my brother-in-law's
house in Sunderland, which is not exactly...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 14th 09, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By DZN
Windham v. Bellayre

I have one day for a day trip (a Friday) and these and Hunter are the only
ski areas within driving distance. Can anyone compare the two to help me
decide? (I am already familiar with Hunter.)
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 1st 09, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
Posted By DZN
Conditions at Hunter Mountain?

I have the day off tomorrow and need a day trip from NYC. Anyone know how
it is at Hunter. Going further north would be a pain but I don't know how
badly Hunter was hit by the rain and ice storm...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 25th 09, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
Posted By DZN
X Games

Admittedly very commercial but seeing some awesome skiing (and boarding and
snowmobiling). Beats most else that's on TV these days.
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 22nd 09, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By DZN
Vail Back Bowls

OTHER THAN China
Bowl, Poppy West and East, and Chopstix?

snoig said: There's really nothing that is that hard at...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 22nd 09, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By DZN
Vail Back Bowls

Which runs in the Back Bowls tend to be on the easier side, OTHER THAN China
Bowl, Poppy West and East, and Chopstix?
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 21st 09, 11:19 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 12
Posted By DZN
My big fat New England Ski Trip

I've never skied but my daughter just came back from Okemo and her
description fits your description of what you're looking for pretty well.

..
"Walt" wrote in message...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 13th 09, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 8
Posted By DZN
I'm skiing she's not, where to go in Vermont?

If you go to Stowe (great skiing, nice village) be careful to check
directions to avoid seasonally closed roads. Don't blindly follow GPS.
Depending on which direction you're coming from, GPSs...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 11th 09, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 12
Posted By DZN
Blue Sky Basin at Vail

You were right. Blue Sky Basin was definitely worth going to. It might now
be my favorite part of Vail. (Of course 2 feet of new snow followed by
sunshine didn't hurt.)

"twobuddha"...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 11th 09, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By DZN
How Crowded is Park City Mountain Resort during Sundance?

I've only been to Solitude once but it snowed at least 12 inches each night
yet every day it seemed like I had the whole mountain to myself. Since
there is no nightlife or anything else but skiing...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 1st 09, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 12
Posted By DZN
Blue Sky Basin at Vail

On my way to Vail. Have not bother before to get over to Blue Sky basin.
Wondering whether its worth the effort (I am staying in Lionshead which is
about as far away as you can get) and the front...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 30th 08, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
Posted By DZN
Universal Sports TV Network

Just found this station was added to my cable system (and without additional
charge). Its showing a lot of skiing now. First thing my cable company has
done right in a long time.
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 27th 08, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 8
Posted By DZN
Tahoe skiing

Bring your own boots, rent skis. West coast skis are different because west
coast snow is different (as in they actually have real snow). I used to
bring my skis which are perfect on ice to Vail...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) November 23rd 08, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 0
Posted By DZN
Traction Treads

Anyone use traction treads (also known as Go Treads) or other type of
traction mat one puts under a spinning wheel to get a car from spinning its
tires? I'm curious if they work or are just a...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 23rd 08, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 19
Posted By DZN
Traction Treads

Anyone use traction treads (also known as Go Treads) or other type of
traction mat one puts under a spinning wheel to get a car from spinning its
tires? I'm curious if they work or are just a...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) November 7th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 1
Posted By DZN
Renting Ski boots

In order not to have to carry my skis across the country and put up with
airline hassles and charges and in order to ski on skis made for Western
conditions I rent skis when travelling, as opposed...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55