Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 11th 10, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
seek recommendation on bargain classic ski (waxable)

On Jan 10, 10:39*pm, wrote:
boot bindings?

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:53:13 -0800 (PST)

" wrote:
Hi All - can anybody who keeps...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 11th 10, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
seek recommendation on bargain classic ski (waxable)

Hi All - can anybody who keeps abreast of the merchandise recommend a
good deal right now on a classic ski. I'm looking for good
performance in terms of base/sidecut/pocket etc but don't care...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 30th 09, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
So Just How Dangerous is Roller-Skiing?

I skate rollerski with the slowest wheels possible on a relatively
flat 2 mile park loop closed to road traffic. No speed reducers but I
never get faster than 10 mph. I don't wear a helmet but...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 27th 09, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
help w/ rollerskiing

On May 26, 1:53*pm, wrote:
John - I use rollerskiing (skating) for balancing a lot. My preferred
technique is to go for a very long stride spending as much time as
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 25th 09, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
help w/ rollerskiing

On May 23, 4:59*pm, john wrote:
I did rollerskiing last summer for the first time where I actually did
it consistently. *It was helpful and a great fitness activity, but...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 27th 08, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Sharpening tips with bench grinder--tips?

I use a dremel tool with a diamond grinding wheel on it and have had
very good results.

Chris
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 4th 08, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
skate rollerski length question

On Apr 3, 12:29 pm, wrote:
You might write or call and ask why their recommendation. I suspect
the more important question is wheel speed. Slow is relative and I'm
not...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 3rd 08, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
skate rollerski length question

On Apr 3, 5:15 am, wrote:
typically, you will go on a longer base for classic, and a shorter
base for skate. i don't know what brand of skis you are using, but
that is...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 08, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
skate rollerski length question

Hey all - I'm currently rollerskiing on a pair of 53 cm rabbits with
slow rubber wheels. I'm 5'11", 172 lbs, and an "advanced recreational
rollerskier". Am I making a mistake by not being on the 60...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 21st 07, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
xc clothing repair/bonding question

Hi all - Every so often I need to repair/modify outerwear, often by
adding a piece or two of velcro to keep something closed or the if
existing velcro has ripped off. Has anyone got any advice on...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10