Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Evojeesus
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 27th 11, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 13
Posted By Evojeesus
307 inches

On Mar 27, 1:47*pm, snowbender
wrote:

Yup, goproHD; nevertheless, the problem with helmet cam is the scenes
change when you turn your head, but much easier and...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 25th 11, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 13
Posted By Evojeesus
307 inches

On Mar 25, 5:10*pm, VtSkier wrote:
On 03/25/2011 09:35 AM, snowbender wrote:

Hmmm. Got the coyote howl OK, guy in front has poles,
guy with camera has poles. Whassup w'...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 25th 11, 09:56 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Posted By Evojeesus
Camera stoke

http://live.tetongravity.com/_Video-Jaime-Pierre-Hucks-Huge-Cliff-With-5-GoPros/blog/3409364/75233.html
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 25th 11, 09:55 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By Evojeesus
storing skis

On Mar 21, 1:29*am, down_hill wrote:
How do you store your skis?

Tips up.
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 22nd 11, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By Evojeesus
Alpine

On Feb 21, 6:18*pm, Walt wrote:

Who said anything about skiing alone? *The singles line is for getting
on a lift with three of your newest friends.

Yeah right, you...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 21st 11, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By Evojeesus
Alpine

On Feb 20, 11:09*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 2/20/11 7:28 AM, lal_truckee wrote:

119 inches at mid-mountain from this storm. 10 feet!

I think I shoveled most of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 11th 11, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 23
Posted By Evojeesus
Skis with concave bases

On Feb 11, 4:58*am, Walt wrote:

Is rocker a keeper? *I don't know for sure, but I can say that turned up
tips have been around as long as skis have been around (a...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 10th 11, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 23
Posted By Evojeesus
Skis with concave bases

On Feb 10, 4:48*pm, pigo wrote:
On Feb 10, 2:56*am, Evojeesus wrote:

This is the newest new new thing right now, pretty sick:

Forum: Alpine Skiing February 10th 11, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 23
Posted By Evojeesus
Skis with concave bases

This is the newest new new thing right now, pretty...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 11th 11, 10:44 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 14
Posted By Evojeesus
Rockered skis are the future - confirmed!

On Jan 11, 12:19*am, lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/10/11 10:45 AM, Evojeesus wrote:

Fixing the heel is such a cop-out you bunch of losers!

Oh, the horror.

We really...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 10th 11, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 14
Posted By Evojeesus
Rockered skis are the future - confirmed!

On Jan 10, 7:23*pm, pigo wrote:
On Jan 10, 11:12*am, lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/10/11 9:41 AM, Evojeesus wrote:

I've seen the future and it...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 10th 11, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 14
Posted By Evojeesus
Rockered skis are the future - confirmed!

As I suspected, a properly rockered ski (in this case Rossignol S7)
blows paleo-skis out of the water in just about any conditions. I've
skied my pair now for 4 days and I'm positively amazed - I...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 29th 10, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 67
Posted By Evojeesus
Scratch one snowboarder

On Dec 29, 4:12*pm, pigo wrote:
On Dec 29, 3:40*am, Evojeesus wrote:
On Dec 29, 1:17*am, The Real Bev wrote:
Helmets...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 29th 10, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 67
Posted By Evojeesus
Scratch one snowboarder

On Dec 29, 4:10*pm, pigo wrote:

It's marketing and a fad. As well as part of the nanny generation.
Take part in that if you wish.

I definitely wish to partake. Don't you...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 29th 10, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 67
Posted By Evojeesus
Scratch one snowboarder

On Dec 29, 5:21*am, pigo wrote:

Most of the people you see wearing helmets are wedging down the groom.
Terminal intermediates like trunky. To wear a helmet for that and...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 29th 10, 09:42 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 67
Posted By Evojeesus
Scratch one snowboarder

On Dec 29, 1:32*am, pigo wrote:

Yeah well, anyone that wears a helmet to ski and doesn't wear one to
walk down the street or drive a car is posing and wearing it for show.
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 29th 10, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 67
Posted By Evojeesus
Scratch one snowboarder

On Dec 29, 1:17*am, The Real Bev wrote:

One of the articles I read (AP maybe) mentioned that nobody was wearing
a helmet. *Jesus christ, next they'll be mentioning lack of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 23rd 10, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 16
Posted By Evojeesus
Am I the only one who does not like Franz's Run?

More lift capacity leads to the powder being tracked out quicker. I
hope they never "upgrade" the cable-cars in La Grave.
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 14th 10, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 60
Posted By Evojeesus
An enjoyable evening

On Dec 14, 3:50*pm, wrote:

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. *Repeat the nightmares.

There, fixed it up for ya.
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 3rd 10, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 361
Posted By Evojeesus
Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

On Dec 3, 5:04*pm, pigo wrote:

They can't miss what they don't know.

Neither can we. Try the new equipment already :D
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 2nd 10, 10:27 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 1
Posted By Evojeesus
K2 goes "all-in" with rocker construction

Maybe those guys know something about skis you luddites don't?

http://skiing.about.com/od/skis/a/Rocker-Skis-The-Rocker-Ski-Revolution.htm
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 1st 10, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 361
Posted By Evojeesus
Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

On Nov 29, 5:37*pm, snowbender
wrote:

By carving I mean "tailfollowstip," under the G-
force,

Ok, so in a carving turn the ski must be bent, otherwise the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 27th 10, 11:24 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 361
Posted By Evojeesus
Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

On Nov 26, 8:22*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
downhill wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:
On Nov 26, 4:51 pm, VtSkier wrote:

I think the question is still up...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 26th 10, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 361
Posted By Evojeesus
Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

On Nov 26, 4:51*pm, VtSkier wrote:

I think the question is still up in the air.

Well, the question is still, have snowboarders ever beat skiers on the
same course? Case in...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 25th 10, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 361
Posted By Evojeesus
Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

On Nov 25, 3:51Â*pm, snowbender
wrote:

I've read somewhere, there used to have the mixed skiing and
snowboarding "king of the mountain" competition in Europe...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100