Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Weathercam
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 31st 07, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By Weathercam
Price of renting skis / boots now a days ??

I'm taking my daughters skiing again, after a lapse of some 6 years - they
never really enjoyed it - and now nigh on 18yrs old they've finally sussed
that it might be good fun, even if they do not...
Forum: European Ski Resorts April 13th 07, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By Weathercam
It's looking good - place available

Snow looks good, and weather has been bad, all good signs, now need some
high pressure to move in back end of next week
http://www.destinasjontromso.no/english/useful_info_webcam.html

Going out...
Forum: European Ski Resorts April 4th 07, 07:02 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Weathercam
Off to La Grave tomorrow

"Champ" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 22:24:03 +0100, "Weathercam"
wrote:

Done...
Forum: European Ski Resorts April 3rd 07, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Weathercam
Off to La Grave tomorrow

We also did a big hiking day from the 'Col du Lautaret' up the
'Glacier de Combeynot'. This was about 1000m of vertical which took
us about 3 hours. The descent was excellent, but I can't...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 24th 07, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Weathercam
Off to La Grave tomorrow

I think that, about two years ago he was on the probationary thing guides
do, working with a
qualified guide.

--
Champ

Known as an "aspirant" - have a good trip in La Grave, you'll get to...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 23rd 07, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Weathercam
Off to La Grave tomorrow

Been having a discussion back here, and is McNab a UIAGM qualified guide ?
Just that we were looking at a few images from his site, and when we were
out in the same week doing some touring hut to...
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 19th 07, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 17
Posted By Weathercam
Risks of skiing

In the Clinic in Alpe D'Huex this week getting the wife sown up and I asked
how many fatalities per season and response was around 6, though they've
already had 2 this season.

You should also look...
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 19th 07, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By Weathercam
La Grave / Alpe D'Huez trip report & that helmet debate

Just back Fri 19/01 - only was out for 5 days - Monday went over to AD'H to
enable the wife to get the legs working - only trouble was that she sliced
her knee open on the Tunnel piste, 10 internal...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing December 9th 06, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By Weathercam
Anyone remember Scorpion skis?

Anyone on here remember the short Scorpion ski, late 70's early 80's - I
seem to recall quite a lot of hype over them when launced, but want to know
what they were primarily designed for.

Reason...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 9th 06, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By Weathercam
Anyone remember Scorpion skis?

Anyone on here remember the short Scorpion ski, late 70's early 80's - I
seem to recall quite a lot of hype over them when launced, but want to know
what they were primarily designed for.

Reason...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 9th 06, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By Weathercam
Anyone remember Scorpion skis?

Anyone on here remember the short Scorpion ski, late 70's early 80's - I
seem to recall quite a lot of hype over them when launced, but want to know
what they were primarily designed for.

Reason...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 9th 06, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 15