Showing results 1 to 25 of 65
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Larry
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 28th 13, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Larry
Long climbs in NJ revisited

Following up on my recent question about climb training in NJ as I
tried to scope out a couple of options. Part of the goal here is to
see if I am even remotely ready for the "climb to the castle"...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 29th 12, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Larry
Climbing on rollers and on snow

Skate rollerski uphill work this past fall finally allowed me to do
intermediate hills on trails around Quebec city this week. However,
while enjoying my newfound endurance, I was also disappointed...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 12th 12, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By Larry
V2 150skate or combi for skating?

Hi,

I’m looking to get new shafts to replace my V2 150s and am trying to
decide if I should get skate or combi ones . I’m 6ft2, 180lbs and
mostly skate, with occasional double-poling and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 28th 12, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Larry
Roller ski Fiddlers Elbow road in NJ

A few years back, someone mentioned roller skiing up Fiddlers Elbow in
north Jersey. Since it looks like a couple of hours' drive for me from
Central Jersey (which by the way is frustratingly flat),...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 5th 12, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By Larry
What's the best training for weekend warriers?

No racing aspirations here. Simply trying to build up endurance and,
with luck, speed. Like most folks, I'm largely limited to weekends for
training. This past year, I've sometimes managed to fit in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 20th 11, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Larry
Storage wax

An article by Lee Borowski on storing skis that was referenced here
not that long ago recommends using the "warmest non-fluoro wax you can
find" to melt into the surfaces for storage. Which one would...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 15th 11, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Larry
Which pole straps for pavement?

On pavement, my experience has been much better with conventional
straps rather than wrap-arounds. Seems that my wrap-arounds allow the
pole to twist so that the tip is no longer pointed at the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 2nd 11, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Larry
Just broke a fork on my V2 150 combi.

I got my V2s used more than 4 years ago. The fork failed just as I was
beginning my run - basically, one side just sheared off at the point
where the shaft ends. I guess I can give Jenex a call...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 11, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Larry
Just broke a fork on my V2 150 combi.

I thought I'd go the used route first. In case somewone is in the same
situation and has a useless shaft lying around.
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 11, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Larry
Just broke a fork on my V2 150 combi.

Anyone has a spare combi shaft for sale?

Thanks!
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 11, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By Larry
Broke a fork on my Aero 150.

Anyone has a spare 150 shaft for sale?

Thanks!
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 2nd 11, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Larry
Le Refuge - St. Adolphe (Quebec City)

Just back from Quebec again, which never disappoints. At one point, we
were going there for the winter festival, but lately we've spent most
of our time there skiing. Over the years, we found...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 22nd 10, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By Larry
V2 150 fork failure - switching to v2 125s

Hi,

Just had a rear fork break on my V2 150s. As it happens, I also have a
pair of V2 125s with holes for 125 and 150 wheels and so I'm in the
process of fitting the 125s - swapping out the wheels...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 21st 10, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Larry
Drag parachute for rollerskiing

I saw this thing at a sports store - a parachute for runners for
resistance training. Where I am, I have to drive about half an hour to
get to a decent uphill, and it is not long enough and I'm not...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 14th 10, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Larry
How to get equal foot action in skating

Thanks Gene. Will keep plugging away.
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 13th 10, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Larry
How to get equal foot action in skating

A good exercise to help
it is to practice V2-alt skating off your left side for extended
periods, holding the glide for differing lengths (times), to gain
greater strength, balance and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 27th 10, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Larry
How to get equal foot action in skating

I thought I responded with some other comments, but not sure where my
post went. So here is the gist of what I was trying to say.

I think Gene is suggesting that I should keep facing in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 26th 10, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Larry
How to get equal foot action in skating

When practicing V-2/V-2alt on my roller skis, I keep overstepping on
my left foot (the weaker one). I've tried balance exercises
emphasizing this foot, with little success so far. What I'm...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 9th 10, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Larry
Tire installation device from Jenex

Hi,

I just got a description of a tool to mount tubes and tires on V2 Aero
150 wheels. The pics make it look doable, bot so did instructions on
how to use a couple of screwdrivers to do the job...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 13th 09, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Larry
Any places close to Salmon Hills?

With Salmon Hills closed, are there any other places in that part of
NY state that do a comparable job of grooming for classic and skate? I
know there are places in the east of the state (Garnett...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 4th 09, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Larry
"Set it and forget it" wax for skating?

Hi,

I just ordered a pair of Rossi Zynex for basic skating practice. I
told the shop that ideally I wouldn't want to spend any time in the
wax room and treat them as waxless skis. The shop said...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 18th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Larry
Basic skate skis recommendations

Thanks guys. Will need to do some looking around.
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 14th 09, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Larry
Basic skate skis recommendations

Hi,

Most of my skiing, infortunately, is on pavement. This situation is
not helped by lousy rentals that occasionally spoil precious few days
per year that I can spend on snow. Other places have...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 29th 09, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Larry
Elbow pain from poling

Thanks guys. I'll try to take it easy for a while, though it's a
bummer to have to slow down right when I was hoping to be speeding up
for the season. Pole length is a curious question. Will have to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 28th 09, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Larry
Elbow pain from poling

Hi,

I think I asked this question before, but the issue came back, so I
thought I’d check again for ideas…

I have his problem with elbow pain which only seems to be related to
poling. I never get...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 65