Showing results 1 to 25 of 65
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Treseler
Forum: Alpine Skiing July 17th 08, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 68
Posted By Mike Treseler
Ping : Richard

Alan Baker wrote:

IOW, the original Starbucks isn't in the market proper at all.

It's still there
http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/html/visitor/starbucks.htm
Forum: Alpine Skiing June 7th 08, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 173
Posted By Mike Treseler
Food for thought (new thread)

taichiskiing wrote:

What do you think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIjqVM4ufXY

I think that snow looks excellent.
It's all just skiing.

-- Mike Treseler
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) May 5th 08, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By Mike Treseler
108 inches

Harry Weiner wrote:
On Thu, 01 May 2008 18:11:50 -0400, Mike Treseler
wrote this crap:

I buy ski-swap poles and straighten them
out with my foot when they get...
Forum: Alpine Skiing May 5th 08, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike Treseler
108 inches

wrote this crap:

I buy ski-swap poles and straighten them
out with my foot when they get...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) May 1st 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By Mike Treseler
108 inches

Ernieman wrote:

They do not necessarily want to screw you; they just want to make more
money by selling you another pair of polls. And it works!!! Unless you
get ****ed off enough NOT to buy...
Forum: Alpine Skiing May 1st 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike Treseler
108 inches

Ernieman wrote:

They do not necessarily want to screw you; they just want to make more
money by selling you another pair of polls. And it works!!! Unless you
get ****ed off enough NOT to buy...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 3rd 08, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By Mike Treseler
SLC conditions as good as they look?

helibrdr wrote:

Yes we are boarders but our single planks have never seen park or pipe.
Actually, I have found if I stay to far skiers right and left (Great Divide
and Millicent lifts?)...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 3rd 08, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By Mike Treseler
SLC conditions as good as they look?

helibrdr wrote:

My thoughts -Snowbird, Snowbasin, and then Solitude (Honeycomb Canyon)

You would have to ski in Solitude.
Consider Snowbird and Brighton.

-- Mike Treseler
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 12th 08, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike Treseler
ACL surgery - double bundle vs. single bundle

The Real Bev wrote:

That's only true IF you have a good doc. Unfortunately, you mostly
can't tell if you have a bad one until it's too late.

Unless I spend some time getting references from...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 11th 08, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike Treseler
ACL surgery - double bundle vs. single bundle

Martino wrote:
Major concern - a surgery of this kind far from
home could turn into a nightmare.

Indeed. The skiing in Pittsburgh sucks.
Get references from local skiers who have
had an ACL...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 7th 08, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 53
Posted By Mike Treseler
What skis to rent for spring skiing

The Real Bev wrote:

Oh for heaven's sake, will somebody please explain this to those of us
who weren't born yet, didn't start skiing until 1985 and NEVER watch
sports?
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 8th 08, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 12
Posted By Mike Treseler
Avalance Airbag

Walt wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

http://www.avalanchebackpack.com/

Opinions ?

Yes, many.

What are you asking?
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 2nd 08, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Treseler
Need Recommendations (March trip)

Billy Bob F. wrote:

She's concerned that there isn't that much to do if you stay on the
mountain at PM. I don't really understand her point, because I'm
going to be too tired after 8...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 1st 08, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Treseler
Has everybody gone skiing?

Mike Treseler wrote:
I finally learned to rotate my feet.

Walt wrote:
Is that like rotating your tires? Sounds painful.

Sure, but it's simpler.
Only one way to rotate your feet.
There's 23...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 1st 08, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Treseler
Has everybody gone skiing?

Bob F wrote:

Here in the Seattle area, we've had lots of problems getting to the skiing. The
passes have been closed for avalanche cleanup. Up to a few feet a day for the
last several days....
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 29th 08, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Treseler
Keystone Lift Tickets for March

Sumner wrote:

For 3 days
of skiiing I'm looking at close to $1100 for the 5 of us. That's not
including the first days lessons for the wife and 3 kids. Craziness.

Don't get me started.
My...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 27th 08, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 24
Posted By Mike Treseler
Question about clothing

Micheal Artindale wrote:
On TV when watching various races, you always see the competitors in helmets
and in skin tight suits.

I also see them put on a jacket soon after the race is over.

At...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 8th 08, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 114
Posted By Mike Treseler
"Your Responsibility Code" Interpretation...Ugh

Marty wrote:

Strange. I use Google groups - no news server. When I reply to a
post, I get the prefix. What are you using?

Google groups doesn't always look uphill.
Try...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 23rd 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Treseler
Getting from Geneva to Val Thorens

NOTTNICK wrote:
My family (3 of us) want to get from Geneva airport to Val Thorens

http://www.google.com/search?q=train+Geneva+airport++Val+Thorens
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 18th 07, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Treseler
Whistler Discount Lift Tickets?

Bruce wrote:
Several years ago when I last skiied Whistler, the best place to buy tickets
was at the 7-11 in Squamish, where tickets ran about $8-10 a day less than
at the mountain(s).

Is...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 17th 07, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 13
Posted By Mike Treseler
care & maintenance for new skis

James Bassuk wrote:

I would never drive with skis inside the vehicle -- if the vehicle
rolls, then you have machetes flying around at neck level -- buy a
binding cover and use the roof...
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 30th 07, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 41
Posted By Mike Treseler
Thunderbird Set Up Help

ant wrote:

I am puzzled as to what is a good laptop brand to get though.

If it has to be a laptop,
I think Dell is as reliable as any.

-- Mike Treseler
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 29th 07, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 41
Posted By Mike Treseler
Thunderbird Set Up Help

ant wrote:

Had the old drive
opened and checked, and it was all busted up, nothing was retrievable. I'd
backed up all my photos and music when it began to have problems, but
there's all...
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 25th 07, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 41
Posted By Mike Treseler
Thunderbird Set Up Help

klaus wrote:

What do I type in for the address of the server ?
"rec.skiing.alpine" ?? Sorry...new to this sorta thing.

The news server address is all you need if you have a...
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 25th 07, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 41
Posted By Mike Treseler
Thunderbird Set Up Help

VtSkier wrote:

You may need to subscribe to a newsgroup heavy
server like news.individual.net. This is the old
German server that everybody used a few years ago
and it's now a premium site....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 65