Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.59 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: The Wisconsin Skier
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 19th 07, 12:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
The Breath of Winter

Winter's exhalation is being felt throughout the state of Wisconsin this
weekend.

Winter is still far away, we have more than one full season until
astronomical winter, but there is no mistaking the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 16th 07, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 29
can one skis be significantly faster

alf wrote:

Hi,
had a chance to take my new Fisher RX8 to Snowmass/Loveland Co last week
for 4 days. It is pure pleasure and everything what I read was indeed
true, at least to the my level I...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 13th 07, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Bark less, wag more

lal_truckee wrote:

bumpfreaq wrote:
I landed with
my skis flat and my butt on the tails. I skidded along for a bit in
this position and then tried to stand up. That's when my skis...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 13th 07, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 21
The advantages of midwestern skiing - top 10 list ( was something else)

Walt wrote:

bumpfreaq wrote:
On Mar 11, 8:34 pm, Walt

I skied back to the car (convienently parked within a snowball's throw
of the lift - one of the many...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 13th 07, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Bumpy Skiing

bumpfreaq wrote:

On Mar 12, 9:11 pm, The Wisconsin Skier wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
The Wisconsin Skier wrote:

Forum: Alpine Skiing March 13th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Bumpy Skiing

lal_truckee wrote:

The Wisconsin Skier wrote:

http://www.wi-ski.com/admin/story.php?mode=edit&sid=2007031205470271

That seems to be an administrative page? Administrative log in...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 12th 07, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 21
So I bought ski's and now I need to learn to tune, wax and care for them.

bumpfreaq wrote:

On Mar 11, 8:34 pm, Walt So
I skied back to the car (convienently parked within a snowball's throw
of the lift - one of the many advantages of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 12th 07, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Bumpy Skiing

Do you like to ski powder, bumps, and crud?

Being a Midwestern skier most of my skiing is on groomed and hard pack snow
(sometimes ice is the word). Rarely do I ski on bumps. In addition, the
area...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 12th 07, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 21
So I bought ski's and now I need to learn to tune, wax and care for them.

lal_truckee wrote:

The Wisconsin Skier wrote:

No sarcasm in the buckshot in his butt if he comes to snarf any lumber
from my construction site!

Many (most? all?) construction...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 12th 07, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 21
So I bought ski's and now I need to learn to tune, wax and care for them.

Walt wrote:

Which brings of the question of buying a actual waxing iron.

An iron with a precise temperature setting is best. For rec purposes,
any old iron will work. If the wax won't...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 12th 07, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 21
So I bought ski's and now I need to learn to tune, wax and care for them.

lal_truckee wrote:

Walt wrote:
Charles Jutkins wrote:

So I take it lal_truckees response is somewhat sarcastic or should I
just use the surfboard was I already have.

Yes,...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 11th 07, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 34
To become an expert skier

bumpfreaq wrote:

I've described myself as an advanced but not expert skier. The truth
is I don't really know how to describe my level of skiing. I

What do any of you all think?
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 11th 07, 10:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 7
Ski area liability goes to the Supreme Court

Walt wrote:

OK, it's the Utah Supreme Court, but it's still noteworhty:

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_5313114

I'll withhold comment until tomorrow.

Other than to say: Fuzzy Bunny...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 9th 07, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Ping midwestern skiers...

VtSkier wrote:

Nice article
http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/03/09/travel/escapes/09ski.html?ref=escapes

VtSkier - THANKS TONS FOR THE STORY! This guy lives in my hometown!

The Wisconsin...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 9th 07, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Ping bdubya

bdubya wrote:

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 11:05:11 -0500, Walt
wrote:

This may be the weekend for the Mighty C.

And if your destination can change based on the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 9th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 1
Revisiting Music While Skiing

Almost one year ago to the day I wrote about listening to MP3 (or in my case
ogg) players while skiing. I did not like it then but have changed my ?
tune.

Read the rest at:...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 9th 07, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 25
Telling time on the slopes

wrote:

Department of trivialities: Those of you who like to keep track of the
time when you're on the slopes -- how do you do it? I can't wear a
wris****ch because I...
Forum: Snowboarding March 9th 07, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 25
Telling time on the slopes

wrote:

Department of trivialities: Those of you who like to keep track of the
time when you're on the slopes -- how do you do it? I can't wear a
wris****ch because I...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 7th 06, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 25
Returning to the Midwest from Serious Ski Areas.

Walt wrote:
The Wisconsin Skier wrote:

Of the four I prefer 'em in this order:
Blackjack: Some great runs, some bump fields, pretty decent bar.

Indianhead: Some great runs, some...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 6th 06, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 25
Returning to the Midwest from Serious Ski Areas.

The possibilities are Mt. Bohemia: No

&

Granite Peak (aka RIb Mountain): Yes just once, thought it expensive
and the well known criticism of steeps with long runoffs still stands.
I did some night...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 6th 06, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 25
Returning to the Midwest from Serious Ski Areas.

mdR wrote:
The Wisconsin Skier wrote:
snip
I returned and the following weekend I was back at Brule, yes the thrill was
much less than before. However, the choice is to move to a ski...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 5th 06, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 25
Returning to the Midwest from Serious Ski Areas.

bumpfreaq wrote:

P.S. I wonder what other flat landers that enjoy skiing in the Rockies
feel about skiing the "learnin' hill" again.

This is something I have been working myself to write...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 1st 06, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Has anyone tried Stevens Pass yet?

Bob F wrote:

What are the conditions? Are there many rocks, or are they buried already?

Bob

Watch out for the squirrels. Hit one and off to Leavenworth with ya!

--
Before Heading to the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 23rd 06, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine

The Wisconsin Skier wrote:

VtSkier wrote:

Early in the Vietnam war, the Navy was using a carrier
based, propeller airplane, whose name I can't remember,
but the pilots all...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 23rd 06, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine

VtSkier wrote:

Early in the Vietnam war, the Navy was using a carrier
based, propeller airplane, whose name I can't remember,
but the pilots all called them "spads" in imitation of
the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35