Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Walt
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 13th 11, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 13
Posted By Walt
I guess that's done

On 4/13/2011 6:11 AM, wrote:
DaveM wrote this crap:

Well, Schweitzer closed over the weekend. They have over 14 feet on
top and nearly nine...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 31st 11, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 48
Posted By Walt
Whoo Hoo Whoo Hoo

On 3/31/2011 12:29 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/30/11 18:51, Walt wrote:

Actually, it's not at all surprising. If your money management skills
are so poor that you're playing the lottery...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 17th 11, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By Walt
Japan vs.skiing

On 3/16/2011 6:38 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 13:41:10 -0700, lal_truckee
wrote this crap:

Tomorrow, better weather.

Agreed: Tomorrow,...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 17th 11, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 7
Posted By Walt
Thought for the day

On 3/16/2011 4:42 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
You know what I miss in the modern era? Well lots of things, but
particularly today - Yodeling. In my youth on a day like today all the
transplanted...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 14th 11, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 18
Posted By Walt
The way things used to be...

On 3/12/2011 2:02 PM, wrote:

Such luxury. We made our own skis.
We screwed old high top tennis
shoes to the skis, no bindings. We brought our own food because we
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 14th 11, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 15
Posted By Walt
Homewood Alpine interconnect?

On 3/11/2011 5:46 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 3/11/11 12:14 PM, Walt wrote:

I heard a rumor that Homewood has put in a permit to connect to Alpine
through the back side and have the resorts...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 11th 11, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 15
Posted By Walt
Homewood Alpine interconnect?

I heard a rumor that Homewood has put in a permit to connect to Alpine
through the back side and have the resorts interconnect.

Anybody know more about this? Lal?

//Walt
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 11th 11, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 20
Posted By Walt
Saint Patrick was not Irish

On 3/9/2011 12:25 PM, wrote:
This is the time of the year when I remind everyone that Saint Patrick
was not Irish, he was Roman.

Yep.

And those dogs weren't really playing...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 11th 11, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 100
Posted By Walt
what do you do in the offseason? thinking of trying a new sport

On 3/9/2011 12:27 PM, VtSkier wrote:
On 03/09/2011 12:25 PM, VtSkier wrote:
Oh, and I got it a little bit wrong, it
should be:
"Veritas sed non hokum".

When you are all stumped, I'll...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 25th 11, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 63
Posted By Walt
Snow Summit yesterday

On 2/25/2011 12:32 PM, BrritSki wrote:

Close, but not entirely accurate, there's also the sheep's heart lungs
liver and kidneys in the mix, and it's put in a sheep#s stomach and then
boiled....
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 21st 11, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By Walt
Alpine

On 2/21/2011 11:55 AM, Evojeesus wrote:
On Feb 20, 11:09 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 2/20/11 7:28 AM, lal_truckee wrote:

119 inches at mid-mountain from this storm....
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 21st 11, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
Posted By Walt
Just another day in paradise

On 2/18/2011 3:54 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:31:39 -0500, Walt
wrote this crap:

On 2/16/2011 11:42 AM, ...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 10th 11, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 7
Posted By Walt
Good Stuff

On 2/10/2011 8:43 AM, downhill wrote:
pigo wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:24 pm, Richard wrote:
On Feb 8, 6:26 pm, wrote:

Forum: Alpine Skiing February 8th 11, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 24
Posted By Walt
superbowl

On 2/8/2011 8:21 AM, wrote:

If you're a single
guy who doesn't have a picture of Dogs Playing Poker hanging up, then
you just suck.

Sorry, but I'm not one of those...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 25th 11, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 55
Posted By Walt
Bear Mt 1-21-11

On 1/24/2011 6:38 PM, wrote:

One evening when I was at Quebec City the air
got so cold that all the water vapor froze and formed ice crystals,
all sparkling in the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 24th 11, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 55
Posted By Walt
Bear Mt 1-21-11

On 1/24/2011 2:47 PM, VtSkier wrote:
On 01/24/2011 08:37 AM, downhill wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
On 01/23/11 20:12, wrote:

Bev wrote:
Since you've been...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 13th 11, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 11
Posted By Walt
Snow!

On 1/13/2011 9:46 AM, wrote:
Walt wrote this crap:

About 6 inches of some light fluffy stuff here, but after skiing 11 days
in a row in Utah...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 7th 10, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 77
Posted By Walt
Trip report - Snow Summit - 12/2/10

On 12/7/2010 8:36 AM, VtSkier wrote:
On 12/06/2010 10:29 PM, Walt wrote:

As my cheapskate brother puts it: wine, beer, whiskey, cigarettes,
coffee, champaign, etc. The first time you try...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 24th 10, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 14
Posted By Walt
last picks

On 11/24/2010 1:12 PM, downhill wrote:
wrote this crap:

If I'm giving away money it goes to my church, not some bookie.

like there is really a...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 24th 10, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 14
Posted By Walt
last picks

On 11/24/2010 10:44 AM, wrote:
The weekend starts early this week. This is the last week of college
football so here is my final picks.

You don't bet on the bowl...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 22nd 10, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By Walt
Picks for the weekend

On 11/20/2010 8:12 AM, wrote:
Penn St over Indiana by ten. I got that one.

Yep, you did.

Mich St over Purdue by 21. Not a problem, Purdue is a pushover, they
couldn't...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 16th 10, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 361
Posted By Walt
Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

On 11/16/2010 10:44 AM, gr wrote:
I was wondering; given the same snow and path; which is faster Skis or
Snowboards?

Easy question. Look at the NASTAR...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 8th 10, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 18
Posted By Walt
Checkerplay - safe or bold?

On 11/6/2010 2:32 AM, BrritSki wrote:
On 05/11/2010 20:13, Walt wrote:
On 11/5/2010 2:06 PM, BrritSki wrote:
On 05/11/2010 15:50, Walt wrote:

See
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 5th 10, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 18
Posted By Walt
Checkerplay - safe or bold?

On 11/5/2010 2:06 PM, BrritSki wrote:
On 05/11/2010 15:50, Walt wrote:

See
http://www.bkgm.com/faq/Matches.html#introduction

In match play, the cube handling and the checker play...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 5th 10, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 18
Posted By Walt
Checkerplay - safe or bold?

On 11/5/2010 10:14 AM, BrritSki wrote:

I don't know how match play works, but backgammon without the doubling
cube and a small stake is boring, as I know when I play waife or...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100