Showing results 1 to 25 of 99
Search took 0.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: lonerider
Forum: Snowboarding April 29th 07, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 9
Posted By lonerider
Question on board dimensions

On Apr 29, 10:29 am, Jolly_O wrote:
I'm fairly new to the sport, and wonder about board lengths and
widths. In skiing, beginners start with shorter skis, and...
Forum: Snowboarding April 13th 07, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 2
Posted By lonerider
pow chasing

On Apr 13, 2:22 pm, "wanguard" wrote:
where should one look for a powdery backountry descent in may on this
planet? any ideas?

all the best...

d'amir

--
Forum: Snowboarding April 3rd 07, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8

On Apr 3, 1:58 am, Bas Mevissen
wrote:
I quickly checked Ebay.nl to see what's out there.

I guess most brands are available world-wide. Only smaller...
Forum: Snowboarding April 3rd 07, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By lonerider
Differences between bindings?

On Apr 2, 4:27 pm, Bas Mevissen
wrote:
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 10:00:43 -0700, lonerider wrote:
Stiffer bindings are more responsive, allowing you to turn the...
Forum: Snowboarding April 3rd 07, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 5
Posted By lonerider
Nitro Magnum sensitive to bumps in base below thread inserts?

On Apr 2, 4:33 pm, Bas Mevissen
wrote:
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 10:09:19 -0700, lonerider wrote:
No, a Nitro board should be as good quality as a Burton board in...
Forum: Snowboarding April 2nd 07, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 5
Posted By lonerider
Nitro Magnum sensitive to bumps in base below thread inserts?

On Apr 1, 4:11 pm, Bas Mevissen
wrote:
Hi,

As this is my first post in this newsgroup, I think it is a good idea to
introduce myself. As you might guess,...
Forum: Snowboarding April 2nd 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By lonerider
Differences between bindings?

On Apr 2, 3:15 am, Bas Mevissen
wrote:
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 09:43:37 +0000, Switters wrote:

Is it enough if they fit and are
stiff enough or is there...
Forum: Snowboarding March 19th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 9
Posted By lonerider
Suggestion for new snowboard

On Mar 19, 12:29 pm, Neil Gendzwill wrote:
wrote:

To answer above, I'm 5'4", 165lbs, size 9 shoes and generally ride
145/150's. Probably done...
Forum: Snowboarding March 19th 07, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 9
Posted By lonerider
Suggestion for new snowboard

On Mar 19, 10:27 am, "
wrote:
I'm looking to get a new snowboard and could use some advice. I don't
ride the pipe, rails, etc.. I mostly ride the...
Forum: Snowboarding March 12th 07, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By lonerider
Calf Injuries?

On Mar 11, 8:06 am, "Mike M. Miskulin" wrote:
hey now,

Anyone had one? I did something, I'm not quite sure what, late
day Friday. Pain just above mid calf on lead foot...
Forum: Snowboarding March 4th 07, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 1
Posted By lonerider
Learn The Secrets Of A Pro Snowboarder

On Mar 3, 2:47 am, wrote:
Finally! World renowned snowboard coach Anthony Crute breaks his 8
years of silence to teach YOU his powerful (and expensive)
snowboarding...
Forum: Snowboarding March 1st 07, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 16
Posted By lonerider
Newbie question - on the flat

On Feb 28, 3:59 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"Jolly_O" wrote in message

I'm a beginning boarder,...
Forum: Snowboarding February 28th 07, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By lonerider
Burton C60

On Feb 28, 4:29 am, Switters wrote:
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 23:40:37 GMT, "lonerider"

allegedly wrote:
Ok, looks like Burton still need to work on...
Forum: Snowboarding February 26th 07, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By lonerider
Burton C60

On Feb 9, 10:43 am, "lonerider" wrote:
lonerider wrote:

Just as a running count - this is the third pair of Burton bindings
I've broken in the past 5...
Forum: Snowboarding February 20th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 9
Posted By lonerider
Board Reviews

On Feb 6, 7:20 am, Switters wrote:
Champ wrote :

On 6 Feb 2007 04:06:51 GMT, Switters...
Forum: Snowboarding February 16th 07, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 2
Posted By lonerider
K-2 Access vs Burton Clash ?

On Feb 15, 8:32 pm, "Tony Baker" wrote:
Considering a new board , I currently ride a 146 Burton Motion , weigh about
160 , 5'5" or so tall . Looking for a new board to...
Forum: Snowboarding February 14th 07, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 3
Posted By lonerider
Libtech

On Feb 14, 9:26 am, wrote:
Great! Thank's for the feedback. So maybe i don't need Magna Traction.
But do Lib Techs still feel glassy or plastic? On the topic of
Forum: Snowboarding February 12th 07, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 3
Posted By lonerider
Libtech

On Feb 12, 9:11 am, wrote:
Can anyone describe how a libtech feels? crazy question? Rode a gnu
years ago and it just felt odd, plastic? Been riding burtons and i
Forum: Snowboarding February 11th 07, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By lonerider
HELP with my new FLOW-NXT bindings!!

On Feb 11, 6:41 am, speede541 wrote:
Wow, not much love for the Cinch in this thread. What's up?

I relatively new to snowboarding (started last winter), and...
Forum: Snowboarding February 9th 07, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By lonerider
new boots

On Feb 9, 6:19 am, (Steven Slaby) wrote:
) writes:
On Feb 9, 7:54 am, Champ wrote:
On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 10:01:37 +0100,...
Forum: Snowboarding February 9th 07, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By lonerider
Burton C60

On Feb 9, 6:18 am, "56fish" wrote:
On Feb 9, 4:25 am, René Bedbur wrote:

lonerider wrote:

Just as a running count - this is the...
Forum: Snowboarding February 8th 07, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By lonerider
Burton C60

On Feb 8, 11:38 am, "lonerider" wrote:
Thought I'd also give an upgrade on my Burton C60 bindings. They are
wicked light (3.7 lbs... that might be less than one of my old...
Forum: Snowboarding February 8th 07, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By lonerider
Burton C60

Thought I'd also give an upgrade on my Burton C60 bindings. They are
wicked light (3.7 lbs... that might be less than one of my old Catek
FR bindings), nice and stiff, but not too stiff (didn't have...
Forum: Snowboarding February 5th 07, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 9
Posted By lonerider
Board Reviews

On Feb 5, 11:22 am, Christopher Cox
wrote:
Thanks Arvin!

BTW have you ridden a Salomon Prospect? Would like to here your
objective opinion on the board...
Forum: Snowboarding February 5th 07, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 9
Posted By lonerider
Board Reviews

Well, I was looking at the forum and noticed that the two most popular
threads were "How to tell what time it is" and "How do you tell if you
are regular or goofy" and figured I should chip in with...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 99