Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mighty Chris
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 10th 09, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By Mighty Chris
Some boot/size questions...

One other thing you can do is jam a tape measure into the shell of
your boot and figure out how much length you actually have INSIDE the
shell. Boots of the same size from different makers will have...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 27th 09, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By Mighty Chris
Heat moldable liners...

I have Garmont Endorphins (love em!) and was surprised how much the
molding added space in the heel. I think the boot went up a half size
once it was molded. Keep that in mind as you're trying stuff...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 4th 09, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By Mighty Chris
Utah Alta/Snowbird Conditions?

On Apr 4, 2:46*pm, Yadda wrote:
*From the stats its looks like great skiing. *Anyone out there now?

My buddy just got back on Wednesday and they were getting pounded for
days...
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 9th 08, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 19
Posted By Mighty Chris
Need Recommendation for November in Colorado

You can also just wait until you're there, or about to go, to see
who's been getting snow and go to that place last-minute.

Chris
Forum: Alpine Skiing July 15th 08, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By Mighty Chris
Real Ski Question: Big Sky Montana

Big Sky is a good family resort. Not a big base area but what is there
is friendly. I haven't been there with good snow since they opened the
tram to the top so I can't say whether the hardcore...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 6th 08, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 53
Posted By Mighty Chris
What skis to rent for spring skiing

On Mar 6, 7:27 am, VtSkier wrote:
Mighty Chris wrote:
Alpine Meadows, thank you for the clarification. :-)

I thought in 1996 when Shane McConkey won the Red Bull Snow...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 6th 08, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 53
Posted By Mighty Chris
What skis to rent for spring skiing

Alpine Meadows, thank you for the clarification. :-)

I thought in 1996 when Shane McConkey won the Red Bull Snow Thrill in
Chamonix on Volant "parabolics" that the benefits of wider skis...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 6th 08, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 53
Posted By Mighty Chris
What skis to rent for spring skiing

Cuz it makes skiing easier. Surely you're not shredding Squaw on
skinny skis all the time?

Chris
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 5th 08, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
Posted By Mighty Chris
Naxo NX21 --- I like it. Marker Duke also looks good.

I posted here last spring trying to decide which AT binding to get.
Wanted to give a followup now that I've used my bindings for a while.

I'm 6'2" and weigh 205ish. The Naxo NX21 works great going...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 5th 08, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 53
Posted By Mighty Chris
What skis to rent for spring skiing

Definitely rent something wider for the soft conditions. You ride
higher on wider skis so it keeps you up and out of more of the mush.

There's a cool shop called Backcountry Access not far from...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 22nd 07, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By Mighty Chris
Mount Bohemia season pass sale, again

Well, it's cheap enough for the pass, but the flight to Kazakhstan
pretty much wipes out your savings.... ;-)

Chris
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 3rd 07, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By Mighty Chris
skis length

If you're new to skiing and around 5'9" and average weight, I'll say
you should ski on something like a 172 or 178. You may even go shorter
at first until you get better. As these guys said, you...
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 31st 07, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By Mighty Chris
HeliSki in Europe: where is cheaper or better?

Actually I was going to say to go in British Columbia also. I don't
know anything about how price compares to Europe.

In BC you'll be pretty much guaranteed that you will get awesome snow
for your...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 24th 07, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By Mighty Chris
Where to Stay at Whistler

Oh and places listed as Marketplace location are fine too. That's the
edge of the main village and closer than Blackcomb Base.

Chris
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 24th 07, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By Mighty Chris
Where to Stay at Whistler

I'd recommend any of the places at the main village. Blackcomb Base
places are fine too but just add a 7 minute walk to get over to the
Village for dinner, more shops, etc., after skiing. Not a huge...
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 29th 07, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 15
Posted By Mighty Chris
MOVING TO JACKSON HOLE

Heh, NO REASON to work at a ski resort if you don't have to. The only
exception in my opinion would be part time in a bar. Then you'd meet
everybody.

The two full seasons I spent skiing I just saved...
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 25th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Posted By Mighty Chris
Telluride

Rofl the Prisoner. This winter in Whistler I'm going to try to find
out who Number One is.

It's way worth it to stay right in Telluride. Booking this early you
should have the opportunity to find...
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 17th 07, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By Mighty Chris
Favourite resort & run

Chamonix is more for the ski-mountaineer type. For a regular inbounds
skier it'd be terrible. Much better to hit one of those mega-piste
resorts like Trois Vallees or something.

My favorite thing is...
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 16th 07, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By Mighty Chris
Favourite resort & run

Remind me what the Pas de Chevre is--- I recognize the name but I cant
remember it.

Chris
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 16th 07, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By Mighty Chris
Favourite resort & run

Ooh very well said there dude.

I got really lucky once--- I went to university with a french ski
dude. After graduating I planned to spend a winter skiing in Europe,
so I asked him where to go. He...
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 11th 07, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By Mighty Chris
Favourite resort & run

My favorite inbounds run nowadays is probably the general area of
Surf's Up on Blackcomb, when there's snow. One of my favorite hikes is
DOA. DOA is barely in the Blackcomb backcountry. It's a 10-25...
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 9th 07, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 22
Posted By Mighty Chris
Help - Brother wants to visit and ski Vail

There are a lot of people, and I wish to stress that I am certainly
NOT ONE OF THEM, who think Vail is the ideal ski resort on the planet.

I've been to Vail about 10 times with people I know who...
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 7th 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 20
Posted By Mighty Chris
Whistler Peak to Peak Gondola

The more **** they put in Whistler to distract the tourists, the
better. That new lift on Whistler this year kept the crowds WAY down
on the Peak chair compared to before, IMO.

Chris
Forum: Alpine Skiing July 28th 07, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By Mighty Chris
Dynastar Legend Pro Plus XXL were on Steep n Cheap today

Yep when I used to ski more I had a quiver too. Now just the fatties
for everything. They are slow as **** edge to edge... but they do
encourage me to keep my speed up and try to bounce over...
Forum: Alpine Skiing July 27th 07, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By Mighty Chris
Dynastar Legend Pro Plus XXL were on Steep n Cheap today

I haven't owned anything narrower than a Rossignol Bandit XXX since
fat skis first came out.

It's interesting the different skiing styles people have and the skis
they prefer.

Chris
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28