Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: @elgy(nati-spam).org.uk
Forum: European Ski Resorts April 21st 08, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 33
Pass opening dates/Col d'Iseran

Matt T wrote:
On 20 Apr, 09:24, LittleRob wrote:

Matt T wrote:

On 19 Apr, 13:46, LittleRob ...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 17th 08, 10:16 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 3
Excellent week

Pip Luscher wrote:
Just back today from Courchevel 1300.

Splendid week: I was in a great chalet with Esprit. We had good
childcare and well-cooked food. The chalet was also only about 150
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 20th 08, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 11
Good ski repair shop in Flaine and in Chamonix

Ace wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:22:26 -0800 (PST), in
,
" wrote:

I am...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 11th 08, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 17
Need Recommendations for Mountains Near Geneva

Paul S wrote:

"Bob D" wrote in message

I just found out I will have an open day in Geneva during...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 11th 08, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 17
Need Recommendations for Mountains Near Geneva

Bob D wrote:
I just found out I will have an open day in Geneva during my upcoming
business trip to Europe.

I know nothing about the Alps and would appreciate any information regarding
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 17th 07, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 23
where to stay in arc1800

Skywalker wrote:

Thanks your comments, had a look at Chantel area however could not
find a vacant room at Alpeges du Chantel. Moreover as seen on the map,
Tournavelles in just located at the...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 17th 07, 10:24 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 15
February Half-term - crowds

Ace wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:48:36 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

The "Grand Massif" has been really cleverly arranged. Of course blues
will be...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 14th 07, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 28
Where do you plan to ski?

PG wrote:

a écrit dans le message de news:

Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 14th 07, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 28
Where do you plan to ski?

wrote:
Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
Alps i suppose)
For your information,...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 29th 07, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 12
HeliSki in Europe: where is cheaper (or better)?

NoumenoN wrote:
HeliSki in Europe: where is cheaper (or better)?

I'd be thankful if anyone can give advice (or better yet - can share
first-hand experience) on:
WHERE to heliski in Europe...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 25th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 5
Apres ski Val Thorens compared to Austira

Ace wrote:
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:18:32 +0200, Lars wrote:

Hello,

I have been in Val Thorens a few times, but that was about 7-8 years ago.
Has there changed anything...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 17th 07, 10:33 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 4
Snow on its way?

Excess wrote:
Has anyone seen any long range weather forecast recently?
According to one French expert we are in for a cold winter
http://www.welove2ski.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=201&id=59 .
It...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 5th 07, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 8
Where to go mid april 08

JP wrote:
Help folks please,

I'm going to be away out the country in a very hot and sandy place for a few
months, namely between dec and april. I'm will be back in the UK by april
11th...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 3rd 07, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 16
Driving via Lyon (was best transfer geneva to Arc2000 for11 people?)

John Wilcock wrote:
Matt T wrote:

On 3 Oct, 08:31, Ace wrote:

No traffic to speak off doing the Frangy route. Went down
the A39 from Dijon missing Dijon, ...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 2nd 07, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 16
best transfer geneva to Arc2000 for 11 people?

JR wrote:

Last year, we just hired in Geneva and stayed in BSM. This year, we thought
we'd migrate up the hill to a big ski-to-door chalet and save a load of
hassle (no hanging around for...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 2nd 07, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 16
best transfer geneva to Arc2000 for 11 people?

John Ricketts wrote:
Have looked at a few options to get 11 people from Geneva to Arc2000 for Feb
1/2 term week but seem to come back to hiring cars! Seems silly when they
will just be left...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 19th 07, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 4
mountain skiing in Europe next week?

Anton Duchkov wrote:
Dear all,

I am going to France (to Marseille vie Paris) next Wednesday (March 22) and
wanted to spend a couple of days skiing somewhere there but I never tried it...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 12th 07, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 11
Weekend ski trip to France from the UK

This Easter we fly from Liverpool to Grenoble Thursday night and will
stay in Moutiers that night (39 euros for the room). We drive up to
Les Menuires first thing having recharged our ski...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 5th 07, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Transfers to tignes

SteveJ wrote:
Hi
Just wondering if anyone knows of any cheap transfers to tignes from
Lyon airport.
Normally drive but have ben let down by my skiing buddies this year so
looks like I am...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 19th 07, 11:42 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 18
Summer skiing - wife/kids dips in the pool, I go skiing

Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
john elgy wrote:

The glaciers at Les Deux Alpes or Tignes in France. Despite the addition
of the new indoor pool complex, combined with the various sports...
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 31st 07, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 5
Driving to the Tarrentaise

Stan Mullery wrote:
John,

If I'm only hitting Picardy then I use the ferry. If I'm heading for
a six hour drive then I use the chunnel. It's also not weather
sensitive. All in all...
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 4th 07, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 3
Left luggage in Flaine

Ace wrote:
On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 09:41:58 +0000, "
" wrote:

We are off to Flaine at the weekend and will arrive in the resort...
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 4th 07, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 3
Left luggage in Flaine

We are off to Flaine at the weekend and will arrive in the resort
Saturday morning. Naturally we would like to ski on Saturday but cannot
get into our accommodation until 17:00. Does anyone (Ace...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 12th 06, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 4
driving to the (Italian) Alps

scott w wrote:
I am driving to the Alps (Valsesia in Piemonte) on December 27th.

Anyone recommend an ideal route - should I go for the Mont Blanc tunnel
or Frejus tunnel?

I intend to...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 7th 06, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 11
Skiing with a young child

French_Skier wrote:
Have you thought about self catering if cost is a consideration? It
would probably cost you less than a fourth of the cost of a chalet and
then there is no issue of been...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 40