Showing results 1 to 25 of 94
Search took 1.17 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 2nd 07, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
FA: classic rollerskis on ebay -- sweet!

I just found some garage sale 3-wheel rollerskis. Probably pretty old
but in great shape. Wood shafts. Dover 3-pin bindings. Front
clutches----feel strong and tight to me. I haven't skied on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 25th 07, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Nordic Track redux

I like the Nordic Tracks. Yeah, anything that's like skiing is good to
me!

Back in the day when I was fit I went into the big univ. gym to work
out and found a more robust version of the NT, as I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 12th 07, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
2" today! It was 47F yesterday...

PS: It's gone now. Hours of hard snowing yesterday followed by rain.
Warmth. Flash in pan, of course. We have flowers out. I almost got
into the mood but the swing to rain put it all away. Almost...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 11th 07, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
2" today! It was 47F yesterday...

OK, it's springtime. It's been cold lately but then warmish the past
few days. Now today here in mid-Michigan we're getting a couple fresh
inches.

I wonder if it's even worth bothering going out to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 7th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
FA: classic rollerskis on ebay (need clutches)

FYI, I put up a pair of old classic rollerskis on ebay today. I wasn't
using them. Clutched rear wheels. 26.75". I forget what kind they are.
The wheels have life in them.

Item # 140104967295.

They...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 31st 07, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
roller ski length

wrote:
Which ones do you have?
I have the intro classics---maybe the R's.

The shafts are metal, aren't they?

Yeah.

Euro is
about 133/100$. I would expect shipping to be...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 31st 07, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
roller ski length

Here's a plug for the Czech Jesenik "Speed" ski. They were about $70
last I looked. Maybe $100 shipped with extra set of wheels. I'm loving
my classic set after 2 years. No wear, all joy. Looks like...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 22nd 07, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Dream snow in Austria for my XC christening!

Ah...

....The glide.

....The fresh air.

....The whiteness.

....The dyno simplicity.
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 21st 07, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Cooked after 3-4 races

PS: I used to do stretching (especially pre-race) and massage and easy
days "back in the day." And could string 10 good races, five weekends,
together, no prob. I made sure to get a good, real...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 21st 07, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
new skis

Chris W wrote:
For about 20 yrs (eek) I have had some TREK tour skis- 190s.

This year, mostly because I needed new boots, I tried out some new
skis- Salomon 160's with SNS boots/bindings.

Forum: Nordic Skiing March 21st 07, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Cooked after 3-4 races

Bjorn A. Payne Diaz wrote:
On Mar 20, 9:15 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On 20 Mar 2007 17:50:33 -0700, wrote:

The guy asked how to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 21st 07, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Cooked after 3-4 races

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On 20 Mar 2007 10:47:37 -0700, "Bjorn A. Payne Diaz"
wrote:

I used to do mid-week intervals and the next day, a 2 hr easy
ski...and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 20th 07, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Cooked after 3-4 races

I wonder if Jay is including the whole picture---same with the
respondents.

A unique factor to consider in XC skiing in the Midwest where Jay
lives is our short ski time. It seems like we have 3...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 20th 07, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Birkebeiner-Rennet cancelled - wow

Terje Henriksen wrote:
[ ]
In the case og the Norwegian Birkebeiner, it would mean to use the spare day
(sunday) once in 70 years. I think that would be affordable. I don't like
economic...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 07, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Sore achilles from missed kicks?

Thanks, Terje---

That calcium worked right away! I now vaguely recall randomly coming
across this cure before for the same thing.

I'll look into that stretching as well, I forget the various lower...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 07, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Sore achilles from missed kicks?

Thanks, Terje---

That calcium worked right away! I now vaguely recall randomly coming
across this cure before for the same thing.

I'll look into that stretching as well, I forget the various lower...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 15th 07, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Sore achilles from missed kicks?

My achilles tendon is sore. I think it's from missed kicks. It's
happened before. I recall that it goes away with use---correct use,
that is. But I'm not positive.

Anyone else get a sore achilles...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 15th 07, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Stokely Creek sold to logging company

Bruce Freeburger wrote:
Folks,
Stokely Creek, generaly considered the best single cross country ski
trail system in the midwest has been sold to a logging company.
The Stokely Creek...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 14th 07, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Nordix Aero 125 SR

I bought the 125's because a mile of smooth, packed dirt road is part
of my favorite natural loop. But I popped about 8 tires in short
order. Now this was early on in the model's life. I got some...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 13th 07, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Touring ski reviews/chat anywhere?

kskier wrote:
Well, I would advise not getting the combi ski. It does work, but is
very labor intensive. After doing classic, and applying kick wax, to
do some skating, you have to wipe off the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 13th 07, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Touring ski reviews/chat anywhere?

I agree that there might be a diversity of solutions on a tour.

I personally encounter a bit narrower range of what works best in my
midwest USA skiing.

Still, it seems like there's a lot discussed...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 12th 07, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Touring ski reviews/chat anywhere?

gr wrote:
[ ]
You probably don't want waxless, but I have Fischer Nordic Cruisers I
like a lot. The current Cruiser model is 47-45-50-43-45 wide. The Large
(184cm) sizing works well for me, a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 9th 07, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Touring ski reviews/chat anywhere?

EdV wrote:
[ ]
Hey JP,
are you looking for skis that float well and don't have to
fit into classic tracks? I have been enjoying Salomon's super short
ski "Xtreme". Alpina has...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 7th 07, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Touring ski reviews/chat anywhere?

Craig Storey wrote:

You might try www.telemarktips.com. Mostly tele reviews, but
occasionally bc touring. They have big active forums and lots of review
articles. You might also ask your...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 6th 07, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Weird Ukraine Fischer "RCA" carbon = heavy?

I just bought a pair of Fischer RCA classic carbon race skis, 210,
made in the Ukraine. Well, they're trainers, I suppose. They weigh
1700 grams for the pair! That seems heavy.

My Fischer wood/air...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 94