Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Marsh Jones
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 18th 07, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Marsh Jones
training question

mike wrote:
Hi all, I have started riding my bike to work it takes me about 70
min. one way. Can I count this time as training hours? and it kind of
like a two workout day 60-70 min in the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 16th 07, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Marsh Jones
Know a cool, diverse outdoor event for OYB?

Inland Sea Kayak Symposium @ Washburn?

Marsh

Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what events I should take OYB on the road to
attend and get a booth at. I like...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 18th 07, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Marsh Jones
Classic Roller Skiing and Difference between Jenex V2 Aero 125and V2 105SRX

I do a fair amount of classic rollerskiing (and mostly classic ski), and
infinitely prefer the Jenex 800 series or Marwe Classics. Two important
points. Classic rollerskiing *will* induce bad...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 20th 07, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Marsh Jones
Big Man Skate Rollerskis

I've got the Marwe 100s, which is an all aluminum shaft, and supposedly
a little more robust. I think when I got them I was around 215.
If anything, they feel slightly lighter than the 610s. And...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 19th 07, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By Marsh Jones
Birkebeiner-Rennet cancelled - wow

Terje Henriksen wrote:
"Terje Mathisen" skrev i melding

Why don't they thing of using sunday as a spare day; bad weather on saturday
may not mean cancelling...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 3rd 07, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Marsh Jones
My first YouTube movie--- "A Little Ski Outing"

wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCBIgg6T1gs

--JP
outyourbackdoor.com

Great job, Jeff & Tim! Skiing the way it should be - just focus on
enjoying the day and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 07, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Marsh Jones
American Birkie

Maybe for *you* 5,000 bucks isn't a big deal, and possibly not for the
'Italian Team', or Germans or whomever is being invited, comped,
possible appearance money, etc. For most of the US and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 22nd 07, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By Marsh Jones
Hayward, WI Wed Feb 21

With minor modifications, the Pepsi Challenge at Giants Ridge and the
Finlandia at Bemidji both used their 'standard' courses - or close.
Even City oflakes had to alter course a little bit due to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 18th 07, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Marsh Jones
home remedies: wax remover

Ed,

I guess you could. I like starting out with a clean ski, and so I do
use a little wax remover on a piece of fiberlene to clean the last bit
from the base, touch it up with a little 150grit,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 15th 07, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Marsh Jones
Rex Grip Tape

I hate having wax remover bleeding all over my skis. Taking Greg's
technique one further down the food chain, I use the cheapest toilet
paper I can find (forest service, locker room, etc) instead...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 12th 07, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Marsh Jones
Advice Norway

Great up to about 4C. Beyond that, you may need to add a little
Red/Orange/whatever klister.
Before you waste 50cm of the stuff, make sure you have a clean, dry, wax
-free kick zone, sand it with...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 10th 07, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Marsh Jones
Advice Norway

Neil Smith wrote:
I have blue extra but not blue klister. I wonder where I would get that. I
have successfully avoid the pleasures of tube klister. I have found Swik Wet
wax sufficient, in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 9th 07, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Marsh Jones
Mora MN Vasaloppet 2003 finish?

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
What is going on in the 2003 finish on page two of this report:
http://www.skinnyski.com/gear/manufacturers/pr/salomon20070207.pdf
Mora has 4 races that finish...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 07, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Marsh Jones
any source for old SNS boots?

Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 wrote:
I have two pairs of old SNS bindings (pre-Profil, Pilot) from the 80s
kicking around in my closet that I want to use on rollerskis. Is there any
place other than...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 30th 07, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Marsh Jones
City of Lakes Loppet outlook

I just got back from checking out parts of the course. A BIG THANKS to
everyone who has been out shoveling. Unlike last year, where all the
shoveling in the world wasn't going to make it a fun...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 29th 07, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By Marsh Jones
skate vs classic

Due to some shoulder impingements and my belief that I get quicker
return and can make better use of my upper body strength with slightly
shorter poles, I run a little shorter on my skate poles -...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 23rd 07, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Marsh Jones
Does Combi skiing work very well?

Jeff, back in the stone ages before I actually had skate skis and we
both posted on r.b.r as active riders, I occasionally would try to do
both by just putting kick wax on the outside flat of my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 20th 07, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By Marsh Jones
Overtaking slower skier in race

Boy, talk about getting midwest-centric. Sorry for the hazy
explanation. On the Birkie trail, single tracks are set on both sides
of the trail and the skate lane is wide enough for two and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 19th 07, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By Marsh Jones
Overtaking slower skier in race

In the middle waves at the American Birkie, most of the time people
yield more or less automatically. I think in the past two years, I've
only asked for the track once, and then it was for someone...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 12th 07, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Marsh Jones
New Atomic Boots?

For classic, I tried on the new Atomics, and while they felt OK, they
were still too wide in the heel, and I'm not a big fan of the lacing.
NOBODY has done it as well as Salomon, IMHO.
I wound up...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 8th 07, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Marsh Jones
Seeley Hills Classic this weekend?

So, any thoughts on whether the organizers can/will postpone the Seeley
Race? I doubt there's enough snow (as of this moment) to race, but I
keep hoping we'll suddenly get a bunch.

Thanks

Marsh
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 8th 07, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Marsh Jones
Can you apply more kick wax during a classic race ?

Gary,
That's a great idea! Keeps you from needing mousse for your hair for
weeks, too!

I invariably have cold hands before a race, and almost always stick the
handwarmer packets in my gloves...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 8th 06, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Marsh Jones
Grip Waxes

wrote:
I've been a skate skier for many years, and now am starting to get into
classic skiing. After a summer of classic rollerkiing, this will me my
first time classic skiing...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 7th 06, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By Marsh Jones
Warning - Elm Creek access change

Sorry for the Minnecentric nature of this post, but the new access road
at Elm Creek park is an accident waiting to happen - at least until they
get the traffic light up. Coming out of the park in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 7th 06, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Marsh Jones
Salomon Pilot Classic and Pilot 2 Classic Foot Pain

Ski shops have to just love masters skiers...

My Carbon classics were getting a little/lot beat up, and there was this
boat I sold, and there were these S-Lab Pilot Classics...

I agreed on the 9s....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36