Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: kskier
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 28th 07, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By kskier
Ski repair

I would advise you not to waste your time,,,,,,Once you have
compromised the ski as you have, it will not hold up to any kind of
repair. The front part of the ski is where you get the most flex,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 24th 07, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By kskier
Big Man Skate Rollerskis

I am a heavier skier, and have both the 830's(Jenex V-2) and the
Aero's 150. You can't beat the ride of the 150's. After you get used
to them, you will never go back to your old skis.
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 24th 07, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By kskier
quick roller ski question

John,,,,,,I have both the Aero 150, and the V2-830 for skate, and the
V2 900 for classic. I am heavier than you, so I didn't want to take a
chance on the 125's, and you will get a smoother ride on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 11th 07, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By kskier
Touring ski reviews/chat anywhere?

Well, I would advise not getting the combi ski. It does work, but is
very labor intensive. After doing classic, and applying kick wax, to
do some skating, you have to wipe off the kick wax, and put...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 11th 07, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By kskier
removing Salomon binding screw covers

As the people have said, there is not easy way to get that piece out.
If it is the old style plug, after you have gotten it out, replace it
with another binding screw. If it is just the cap covering...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 5th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By kskier
fischer cold vs warm skis

The cold base is much harder p-tex, and therefore is better suited for
colder conditions, and does not typically take wax as well as the plus
bases. Unless you are skiing in the artic,,,,,and aren't...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 2nd 07, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By kskier
Bad glide on classic skis

Well,,,,,,,,,you have many respones to choose from. X-C ski waxing can
be difficult at times to figure out. It sounds like, the wax that you
put on,,,,,,,was working to start, so you where successful...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 2nd 07, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By kskier
Are New Ski Bases Oxidized?

I guess the question is,,,,,,,,what do you want to do with this
skis,,,,,,,serious racing,,,,,,,,,,,or just skiing around locally at
your favorite spot??? Most skis are made the year before, so they...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 21st 07, 11:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By kskier
Unidentified Bindings

Try looking up Akers.com. They still sell 3 pin boots
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 13th 07, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By kskier
Replace single, old, Swix Team CT2 Pole shaft

Another option is to repair the pole. I just broke one of my excel
skating poles the other day, and am in the process of repairing it. I
broke one of my classic poles a few years ago, and am still...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 11th 07, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By kskier
cleaning ski bases

I'm not sure what turps substitute is,,,but the only thing to use to
clean your bases off, is citrus cleaner, which you should only be
useing on your skate skis, at the end of the season, and classic...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 11th 07, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By kskier
New Salomon Classic Binding System

Well, I posted a while ago about the new Salomon RC classic boots, and
the need for the new binding system, and the question I posted was
whether I could use the old bindings with the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 23rd 07, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By kskier
Steel Scraping My Skis

Well,,,,,,,,first of all,,,,,,the look that you have read about
,,,,,,,,,,,,the smooth glassy look,,only comes from having alot of
experience metal scraping. I have learned the hard way, and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 23rd 07, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By kskier
Does Combi skiing work very well?

The answer to your question,,,,,,,,,,,is NO,,,,,,,combi skis do not
work,,that is why nobody sells them anymore. If you are going to do
classic, and skate,,you are better off investing in a pair...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14