Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ed Miller
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 13th 11, 10:56 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Ed Miller
Cool Ski Waxing Questions

Gene Goldenfield posted the following questions back in '04. To my knowledge no one ever responded. They were good questions. Maybe someone will now?

1)About how many passes do you typically find...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 29th 10, 01:15 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Ed Miller
I have tried this and found it too hard to apply...

I have tried this and found it too hard to apply and get it perfectly straight along line of ski. Also parts of it came out a bit lumpy/clumpy. Had to cool it and cork it out some to smooth it out. I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 21st 10, 11:52 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Ed Miller
Question interval training question

Here is a question I've had for some time, maybe someone can answer: In doing maximum intensity intervals of say 3 minutes I start with a heart rate of around 110 or 120 and struggle mightely to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 09, 04:36 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Ed Miller
Fluoro wax brushes separate?

I have taken the experts advice reg. keeping a separate horsehair and nylon wax brush for fluoro purposes and not getting them mixed with my other brushes or used on hydrocarbon or low-fluoro waxes,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 19th 08, 04:47 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Ed Miller
I echo what snowyguy said. If conditions are...

I echo what snowyguy said. If conditions are right it can be the BEST type of skiing. Just went down a long 1.5 mile meadow yesterday with humps and sloping sides. Used Fischer Rebound Crowns (a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 19th 08, 04:34 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Ed Miller
Thanks for all the advice guys!

Thanks for all the advice guys!
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 13th 08, 04:49 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Ed Miller
I'd have a colder than predicted CH or LF wax for...

I'd have a colder than predicted CH or LF wax for your underlayers and then go with low or high flouro wax of the day on top finally covered by Cera F, Jetstream, or other pure flouro product....
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 13th 08, 04:32 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Ed Miller
Balance drills are supposed to help stimulate the...

Balance drills are supposed to help stimulate the proprioceptors. Specialized structures found in joints, muscles and tendons. These small organs are the peripheral termination of sensory nerves and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 11th 08, 08:34 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Ed Miller
Metal Brushes? Preparing new ski base

Hi, I just got a new pair of Salomon Equipe 10 skate skis (warm base, stiff ski) on end of season special and had a question ab. preparing the base.
What brush would you suggest I use to refresh the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 22nd 08, 04:59 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Ed Miller
Question Kick waxing for a stiff camber

I have a pair of '06 RCS Classic Cold skis that I've barely used because the flex seems too stiff, however I've had them flex tested both where I bought them and another place and both say that I'm...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 21st 07, 10:53 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Ed Miller
Convex Ski Bases

I have had a pair of Madshus Hypersonic skate skis for about 4 years. They are fast skis but the past couple years I've been noticing when I scrape or iron wax that the base is becoming somewhat...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 17th 07, 11:02 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Ed Miller
Thumbs up [QUOTE=Marsh Jones]Marsh Jones wrote: Toilet...

[QUOTE=Marsh Jones]Marsh Jones wrote:

Toilet paper

-marsh-
No, really. I use the cheapest, coarsest single-ply TP I can find for
kick-wax remover. I lay it on the kick zone with all the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 14th 07, 04:18 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Ed Miller
Hi, I just switched over some cork grips last...

Hi, I just switched over some cork grips last night. I soaked pole ends/grips in hot water
then slid off grips (one was kinda hard had to use a little extra real hot water pored on)
from the old...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 5th 07, 04:55 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Ed Miller
[ I'd say to definitely eat and drink more than...

[

I'd say to definitely eat and drink more than you think you need to.

And just start slower. Go easy.

If you start slow---too slow, you'll think---and go easy---NEVER
strain or "dig in" on an...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 5th 07, 04:46 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Ed Miller
[QUOTE=Gary Jacobson]"Ed Miller"...

I do fairly well in shorter races but when I get much over an hour I
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 5th 07, 04:28 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Ed Miller
Thanks, sounds like good advice altho in some of...

Thanks, sounds like good advice altho in some of the slower wave starts I need to be towards the front to avoid getting bottlenecked by some of the slow skiers and getting held back even slower than...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 07, 05:27 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Ed Miller
Support stockings can help with veinous pooling...

Support stockings can help with veinous pooling in those with varicosities and prevent the achy feeling one gets from standing a long time. As was previously alluded to, these patients are also...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 07, 05:00 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Ed Miller
Question Improving longer distance?

I do fairly well in shorter races but when I get much over an hour I fatigue, (esp legs) and my technique suffers, and some of the people I worked so hard to pass return the favor. Any general...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18