Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 26th 07, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Blood volume?

Hi All,

I have a very serious set of varicose veins in my calf, and I have
recently started using a tight support stocking occasionaly. I have not
used it while cycling or skiing, untli today. Today...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 26th 07, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
legal action by Inge Bråten?

On Jan 26, 3:19 am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
http://www.fasterskier.com/news3937.html

Lots of coverage here in Norway in the papers. Sounds like a whole
bunch of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 07, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Inappropriate glider?

On Jan 25, 5:21 pm, "Edgar" wrote:
On Jan 25, 12:46 am, wrote:

Hi All,

My skate skis were last waxed last spring for temps around...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 07, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Inappropriate glider?

On Jan 25, 5:20 pm, "highpeaksnordic"
wrote:
On Jan 25, 3:46 am, wrote:

My skate skis were last waxed last spring for temps around...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 07, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Inappropriate glider?

Hi All,

We finally have some snow again. We had some earlier in the season
which was cruelly rained away, but now we have some that looks like it
will stay.

My skate skis were last waxed last...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 19th 07, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Ski Length

bits wrote:
I want to say thanks to each of you who took time to give me your input. I
plan to visit Sierra Nordic (www.sierranordic.com) tomorrow afternoon to
leverage their knowledge and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 18th 07, 08:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Ski Length

bits wrote:
The Goal: To purchase the correct classic (not skate) ski length for 80%
groomed track use where my height is 6' and my weight is ~ 240 lbs and I am
a beginner.

The Reality: I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 9th 07, 08:42 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Vid of steep Tour de Ski climb?

wrote:
I tried the Eurosport highlight vid and got a "closed" notice on my vid
screen. What's up?

(I hope I don't have to fool with those proxies again, like during the
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 07, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Looking for cheap entry-level skate skis 205cm+

Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:
Wow, what a surprise such responses, how could I have seen those coming? :-)
All very fair, I have zero experience. But call me wrong.
Would drinkgrappadaily not be...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 07, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Looking for cheap entry-level skate skis 205cm+

Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:
schreef in bericht
Your size is not an issue Jan! So, are you coming to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 07, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Zeke wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

More generally, could you try actually skiing on skis before
speculating on this sort of thing.

It's just a suggestion.
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 07, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Looking for cheap entry-level skate skis 205cm+

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 08:21:52 +0100, "Jan Gerrit Klok"
wrote:

I must say I'd also wish longer skate skis existed. Why would...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 07, 08:49 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Looking for cheap entry-level skate skis 205cm+

Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:
No 100kg skier is going to accomplish anything in top level racing, because
skis don't exist for him. Racing is close, not to the disadvantage of the
strong, but for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 07, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Looking for cheap entry-level skate skis 205cm+

wrote:
All right, the subject says it all, mostly. I am a big guy 6'3" and 220
lbs. I have classic skis and have enjoyed them for two seasons. This
year I would like...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 3rd 07, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
W-skate videos -- Double-push

Ken Roberts wrote:
I doubt that for on snow: Getting a 187cm ski to switch its aiming
directions without a substantial hop seems unlikely to me.

And considering the bow of the ski as well, and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 30th 06, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
MN's Sucky Season

wrote:
Well, there are jobs, families, the upheaval and difficulties of
starting in another place, personality needs and in addition with a
move abroad, immigration laws,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 30th 06, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
MN's Sucky Season

Bjorn A. Payne Diaz wrote:

the system. People at work think the warm weather "is nice" so there's

I live in Norway and it always amazes me when people complain about the
"bad" weather, and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 29th 06, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Anybody done the Norwegian Birkie?

Peter H. wrote:

We've had a few RSNers with very
good racing records over here
(certainly don't include myself there)
who went to the Birken and didn't make the "pin" even,
so it will be...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 29th 06, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Anybody done the Norwegian Birkie?

NewMexSki wrote:
wrote:
NewMexSki wrote:

Way to throw down the gauntlet! Which age group are you? I don't mean
to be pessimistic, but the citizens...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 28th 06, 09:22 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

NewMexSki wrote:
wrote:
NewMexSki wrote:

Way to throw down the gauntlet! Which age group are you? I don't mean
to be pessimistic, but the citizens...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 27th 06, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Anybody done the Norwegian Birkie?

NewMexSki wrote:
OK, Terje, Gary, and everyone else who replied. This is all good
information. It is exactly what I'm looking for -- thanks! I'm
getting pretty excited about this trip. It...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 24th 06, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Anybody done the Norwegian Birkie?

Peter H. wrote:
What finishing time is expected of wave 8-9 skiers?

I suspect that corresponds to about 4.5 hours for the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 24th 06, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Anybody done the Norwegian Birkie?

Terje Mathisen wrote:
wrote:
Terje knows more about the WC race, but with Oslo's 1200+ km of trails,

1200?

I think the official number os more like 2600 km,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 23rd 06, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Anybody done the Norwegian Birkie?

Peter H. wrote:
NewMexSki wrote:
Hi all,
I have planned a trip to Norway in March for the "real" Birkebeiner. I
have everything planned and arrangements have all been made and I am
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 23rd 06, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

NewMexSki wrote:
Hi all,
I have planned a trip to Norway in March for the "real" Birkebeiner. I
have everything planned and arrangements have all been made and I am
learning Norwegian, but I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54