Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: polarpoler
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 22nd 10, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By polarpoler
And the season starts...

On Nov 21, 7:05*am, dardruba wrote:
On 21/11/2010 06:17, wrote:

check isohunt, search fis world cup. *thanks to basilbrush.

I've got a Denied Access...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 3rd 10, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By polarpoler
Concept2 ski machine

I can't recall if this came up before, but have any of you used the
Concept2 ski machine?

http://www.skierg.com/
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 30th 10, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By polarpoler
Squaring off roller ski wheels

On Aug 29, 9:25*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Stop me if you've heard this one before... This is not
about selling handbags or shoes.

Someone has a set of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 27th 10, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By polarpoler
How to get equal foot action in skating

On May 26, 9:12*am, Larry wrote:
When practicing V-2/V-2alt on my roller skis, I keep overstepping on
my left foot (the weaker one). I've tried balance exercises
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 22nd 09, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By polarpoler
Thomas is back! Wants to win Vasaloppet within two years

On Oct 21, 11:08*am, Terje Mathisen wrote:
Here's today's happy news:

After coming 5th and 14th the last two years as a "hobby" skier, Thomas
Alsgaard has started...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 19th 09, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By polarpoler
liability insurance

Are any of you in the US, perhaps especially Minnesota, aware of a
broker who is familiar with providing general liability insurance for
non-profit cki clubs?
Thanks,
Burgess
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 6th 09, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 25
Posted By polarpoler
Good XC ski how-to book, media?

On Feb 5, 7:37*am, jeff potter wrote:
Any good thorough xc how-to books out there? Entry thru advanced,

I found on-snow lessons to be the best, but they surely depend on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 20th 09, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By polarpoler
What do you wear skiing at -26 degree Celsius (-14.8 degreeFahrenheit)

On Jan 19, 6:31*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:04:56 -0800 (PST), rwintski

wrote:
Yoko Classic gloves (down to about...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 19th 08, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By polarpoler
how long is you kick zone???

On Mar 18, 10:01*am, 32 Degrees B wrote:
I think my kick zone is too long. *Seems as though a large portion of
my ski is kick zone !!!
A long kick zone means MORE...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 22nd 08, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By polarpoler
What are typical low end temperatures for XC?

On Jan 21, 11:56*am, Camilo wrote:
On Jan 21, 6:04 am, polarpoler wrote:

On Jan 19, 10:05 pm, DirtRoadie wrote:

Forum: Nordic Skiing January 21st 08, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By polarpoler
What are typical low end temperatures for XC?

On Jan 19, 10:05*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
OK, maybe this is a silly question, but while I live in an area with

Just curious. TIA

DR

When it gets cold, as others have...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 14th 07, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By polarpoler
roller ski poles

Have any of you tried to make a "take-down" set of ski poles? Perhaps
using a threaded joint at mid-pole? (Maybe like a jointed pool or
billiards cue?)
I've just changed vehicles and no longer have a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 07, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By polarpoler
Science of Skiing

That's interesting - 1 : of or relating to them or themselves
especially as possessors, agents, or objects of an action their
furniture their verses their being seen
2 : his or her : HIS, HER,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 3rd 07, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By polarpoler
Science of Skiing

One comment, Nordic, about grammar - watch the 'agreement' between
nouns and their pronouns ("To decrease friction, a skier can wax their
ski ....") 'Skier' is singular, 'their' is plural; so that...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14