Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MT Nordic
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 22nd 10, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By MT Nordic
interval training question

On Apr 21, 5:52*pm, Ed Miller wrote:
Here is a question I've had for some time, maybe someone can answer: In
doing maximum intensity intervals of say 3 minutes I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 21st 10, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By MT Nordic
How to get rid of all these advertisers

Thanks, Gene. I'll do the same. If you feel that's been keeping it
down it's worth forwarding on to the complaints dept.
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 18th 10, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By MT Nordic
How to get rid of all these advertisers

All these ads are getting irritating. Anybody know how we can prevent
these folks from spamming our discussion group?
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 14th 10, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By MT Nordic
glide wax, tent for backcountry (was: Tuolumne meadows/CA 120conditions)

see, shaking the tent requires waking up in the middle of the night.
We failed to wake up :) and by 7 am in the morning the ceiling tent
was 1 inch away from our noses.

Heavy sleepers! Wish...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 14th 10, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By MT Nordic
glide wax, tent for backcountry (was: Tuolumne meadows/CA 120conditions)

You should use a liquid or paste on the kick zone of waxless skis to
keep this from happening. Swix F4 or some such products work well.
As for the tent, I find dome tents work well. If you do get a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 10, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By MT Nordic
NENSA Test scores compared? Records for US, the world?

While that's very true, it's not feasible for most skiers to measure
their VO2 max while skiing.
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 10, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By MT Nordic
Those Swedish National Team Lycra Headbands?

I've looked high and low for something like that and have been
unsuccessful. On warmer days, I frequently use a buff (
http://www.buff.es/en/catalog_headwear.php?t=1 ) which serves...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 10, 12:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By MT Nordic
Men's Relay

Shreddir, I thought the upcoming 50K was a mass start, no?
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 10, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By MT Nordic
NENSA Test scores compared? Records for US, the world?

This is actually the USSA fit test. While it's not exact, it has been
shown to correlate with racing success. Obviously doesn't take into
account technique, etc. It's great for monitoring your own...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 18th 10, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By MT Nordic
Torrents and Malware

Never had the problem. even when searching using vancouver as the
keyword. I use uTorrent as my bit torrent manager.
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 17th 10, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By MT Nordic
olympic torrent

The Men's 10K listed is the ski portion of the nordic combined.
Awesome race and good to have in the collection!
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 28th 10, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By MT Nordic
wax help - Noque

I don't think hairies would be a good idea for 2 reasons. One, the
icy stretches you'll have no kick at all. Two, I suspect unless
you're at the front, the tracks will get packed and glazed...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 24th 10, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By MT Nordic
double pole %

The CatSki site is not truly double pole technique. While it is
interesting to ponder, I don't think that was what JKal was asking.
As skis have gotten faster, people have been double poling (DP)...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 14th 09, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By MT Nordic
same wax policy

Wax is not just for speed, it helps keep the bases from becoming
damaged over time. So I would disagree with Jan about having races
without any wax. I think a single wax policy is quite intriguing...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14