Showing results 1 to 25 of 96
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 30th 09, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
First RS ride: first ticket

On Apr 29, 5:19*pm, highpeaksnordic wrote:
On Apr 25, 11:35*am, wrote:

So, is it true that poles with carbon steel tips wears out...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 25th 09, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
First RS ride: first ticket

On Apr 25, 8:35*am, wrote:
While waiting for the bicycle roads to be cleaned out of the winter
sand and gravel, I went on a 1 km asphalted loop located on the
Abrabham...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 25th 09, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Roller ski pole length?

What is the proper roller ski classic pole length in relation to an on-
snow classic pole length? The top surface of my ProSki roller ski
deck is 4 cm abovee the pavement surface.
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 1st 09, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
zero/multi waxless skis

On Apr 1, 4:47*am, ADK Skier wrote:
On Mar 31, 10:12*pm, "Norski" wrote:

Hi Randy,
* * 'Softer' closing flex? *'Softer' half-weight?...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 28th 09, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
sintered bases, radioactive wax etc

On Mar 28, 1:52*pm, wrote:
On Mar 16, 12:23*am, wrote:

As a complement to Kuzmin's thesis I can also give you a tip about the
following Master's...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 26th 09, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Usual wax pocket theory seems wrong...

On Mar 26, 4:50*pm, wrote:
On Mar 26, 8:38*am, jeff potter wrote:

Another angle is that a ski track isn't like a floor. ...Then again
many...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 26th 09, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Usual wax pocket theory seems wrong...

On Mar 26, 8:38*am, jeff potter wrote:

It seems to me that the best wax pocket would be one where the kick
wax is off the snow when ALL your weight is on one ski ---...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 24th 09, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Nordic walking question

On Mar 24, 6:31*am, john wrote:
*My question is,
can you get a decent workout by doing nordic striding or walking or
whatever on rolling terrain without having to resort...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 23rd 09, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Stockholm-Falun scoring system and the WC season victors - did itwork?

The principles behind the Tour de Ski and the World Cup Final appear to be
reasonable attempts to take our sport forward, but for whose benefit.

Mike

"Professional" sports mean money. ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 21st 09, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Casual nowax skiing technique? Sand away some grip-zone?

Zach Caldwell has helped people reduce the grip zone on skis like
Fischer's racing crowns.

Did Zack grind the patterned zone (like Jeff sanding the pattern zone)
to both cut the aggressiveness...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 19th 09, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
BC skiing/camping curing a snow storm

On Mar 18, 11:23*pm, "
wrote:
Excited about my 1st BC ski trip to the Sierras last months, my
buddies and myself are going again - this time for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 19th 09, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

wrote:
Excited about my 1st BC ski trip to the Sierras last months, my
buddies and myself are going again - this time for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 12th 09, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

On Mar 11, 11:40*pm, wrote:
On Mar 11, 4:15*pm, (Melinda Shore) wrote:

In article...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 11th 09, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

Yes, in the Sierras it's a major pain because the snow conditions are so
variable throughout the day.

Yup. That's why most if not all of us ski touring the Sierras and
Oregon Cascades...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 10th 09, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

On Mar 9, 12:08*am, wrote:
My first pair of skis, before I ever got any race skis, was the
Madshus Pellestova wax skis (with black sintered base), set up with
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 8th 09, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

On Mar 7, 10:39*pm, "
wrote:
I just got my first bc ski package. My skis are 200 cm Madshus
Glittertinds (metal edge, fishscales, 68-55-62). They...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 09, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Fischer "Zeros" or similar "chemical-based" skis...

On Feb 20, 6:41*pm, Chris Cole wrote:
Hi guys & girls,

Just curious what experiences people have had with Fischer Zero
"waxless" classic skis, or their equivalent?...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 09, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
waxes - temperature range

On Feb 27, 5:20*am, "Neil" wrote:
As I said I am a great fan of Rex Klister Tape, the cold version goes up
to -5C. One application can intended last for days. I will be...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 09, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
ski race in the rain i have some questions

On Feb 27, 1:45*pm, wrote:
On Feb 27, 12:43*pm, wintermutt wrote:

The race is 1/3 uphill and 2/3 downhill. Take a good wind shell
otherwise you...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 9th 09, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
John Day XC Race (Diamond Lake, Oregon) Feb 15th

Pre-registration for the February 15th John Day XC Race is closed but
day of race entry at the race site is allowed. See website for
information:
http://southernonc.tripod.com/id6.html

I updated...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 09, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Thoughts on Rossignol Delta Wax ski's as entry level ski??

On Feb 4, 8:31*am, Banger wrote:
On Feb 4, 11:21*am, wrote:

On Feb 4, 7:57*am, Banger wrote:

Did first real...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 09, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Thoughts on Rossignol Delta Wax ski's as entry level ski??

On Feb 4, 7:57*am, Banger wrote:
Did first real event on borrowed classic waxless skis and would like
to get some wax skis of my own but am new to the sport. * Found a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 31st 09, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Fitness exercices for nordic skiiers

On Jan 31, 9:11*am, wrote:
On Jan 30, 1:22*am, fvo wrote:

Dear all,
I'm happy to join the nordic fans :-)
I'm searching for what kind of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 31st 09, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Jan 30, 1:22*am, fvo wrote:
Dear all,
I'm happy to join the nordic fans :-)
I'm searching for what kind of exercices are recommanded in the
fitness to prepare for the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 27th 09, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
lifting toes/wax pocket

On Jan 26, 6:44*pm, "Docbyro" wrote:
Terje,

So how do they do it? *Just using the little bit of wax as you mentioned,
and very good technique at setting that wax? *Or is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 96