Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Humsquirto
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) January 3rd 10, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 2
Posted By Humsquirto
Why no world cup ski events in the tahoe area

Can someone who is in the know please explain why all of the big ski
events (world cup, I assume) that are held in the US are never in the
tahoe area? Seems like they are primarily held in the east....
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) November 2nd 09, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 10
Posted By Humsquirto
fun things to try with your GPS

downhill,

...........very convincing.

so, maybe not quite 72.

still, I felt like I was going faster than the old AMC Eagle coming
down hwy 50 after a sunday family ski day.

Great info, by the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) October 20th 09, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 10
Posted By Humsquirto
fun things to try with your GPS

There is a GPS option available for many data acquisition systems most
drivers find that you get more repeatable results from a lateral
accelerometer and a wheel speed indicator non driven...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) October 8th 09, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 10
Posted By Humsquirto
fun things to try with your GPS

On Oct 6, 9:03 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
Humsquirto wrote:

72mph! I'm pretty sure the GPS speed indicator is accurate, ...

I profess a slight doubt...

Please...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) October 7th 09, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 10
Posted By Humsquirto
fun things to try with your GPS

On a boring groomer day last year, I turned on my GPS, reset my track,
and did a speed run, just to see how fast I was going. My GPS (an old
Magellan Sport track) has a "maximum speed" indicator...
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5