Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: davidof
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 1st 07, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By davidof
HeliSki in Europe: where is cheaper or better?

Excess wrote:
I just remember how it happened in cheerful French comedy of 70-ties
"Les Bronzes font du skis", where skiers asked local dude to organize one
flight+drop from helicopter.
Forum: European Ski Resorts July 7th 07, 08:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By davidof
Snow in Val Thorens

wrote:
http://livecam.valthorens.com/

There's snow in Val Thorens in July! This seems crazy to me. Though
the weather has certainly been freaky over here in the UK...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing June 29th 07, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 1
Posted By davidof
google earth ski descents? I've got a few

wrote:
Is there a link started that documents some routes with named THs and
photos? If there isn't, I'd be happy to start one up. On a related
note, I'm living in...
Forum: European Ski Resorts May 8th 07, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By davidof
TR: It ain't over till it's over

Although the season is tailing off rapidly this year we managed a little
tour around the Glandon road pass, scene of many a Tour de France
showdown.

The tour is pretty gentle stuff, slopes...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 30th 07, 05:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By davidof
Call for motorbike speed limiters

Matt T wrote:

Only got a few years to go on, but comparing this season to last,
certainly anywhere below 1600M in the local area had a worse time of
it than last year, but up here at 2100 it's...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 30th 07, 10:36 AM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By davidof
Call for motorbike speed limiters

Ace wrote:
Sure. I agreed that this has been a bad season, but it's not like
every ski resort had brilliant snow cover from start to end ten years
ago. I remember my first time on snow, which...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 25th 07, 11:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By davidof
Off to La Grave tomorrow

Weathercam wrote:
Been having a discussion back here, and is McNab a UIAGM qualified guide ?

He, or his guides, must be if he is in la Grave or the Gendarmerie would
McNab him faster than an out...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 23rd 07, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By davidof
Off to La Grave tomorrow

Champ wrote:
fx: excited little dance

should be good
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 23rd 07, 10:03 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By davidof
Off to La Grave tomorrow

la Grave and the Grandes Rousses (ADH) have missed a lot of the recent
snow. Andorra is the place to be at the moment. There was about 10cm
during wednesday at la Grave and 5cm last night. Biggest...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing March 21st 07, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 13
Posted By davidof
Fritschi/Naxo Freeride bindings--- anyone using either?

Dll wrote:
I'm not sure what you get with the Prinzess version.

If you are a man you get mountain men telling you to squeal like a piggie!
Forum: Backcountry Skiing March 20th 07, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 13
Posted By davidof
Fritschi/Naxo Freeride bindings--- anyone using either?

wrote:
I'm thinking Naxo.

Naxo, the first small step on the journey to eventual Dynafit
enlightenment. Be careful glasshopper, the path is long, prone to
breakage and very...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 7th 07, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By davidof
Weekend ski trip to France from the UK

john elgy wrote:
I have just noticed that this trip will not be possible in the future.
After BA transfered its European operation to FlyBE, FlyBE have closed
the Birmingham to Lyon route....
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 1st 07, 08:31 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Replies: 11
Posted By davidof
Snowing again?

Ace wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6219366891253956812

At least this guy could ski. Do we assume that it was you behind the
camera and a guide in front?

Guide... I like...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 28th 07, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By davidof
Snowing again?

Ace wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6219366891253956812

How nice was that?

Not enough cliff hucking for the uk.rec.motorbike folk

More importantly, how long was...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 27th 07, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By davidof
Snowing again?

more beta from the "waggle arsed eurofags"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6219366891253956812
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 26th 07, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 15
Posted By davidof
thoughts after Alpe d'Huez

Champ wrote:
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:23:41 +0100, davidof
wrote:

The big minus points for me a-

* the whap,whap,whap of helicopters towards...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 26th 07, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 15
Posted By davidof
thoughts after Alpe d'Huez

Paul Richardson wrote:
Nice town though, nice older part lower down where had a couple of
excellent French meals - Le Genepi and Edelweiss.

I've not tried those but here are some other ideas...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 26th 07, 08:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 15
Posted By davidof
thoughts after Alpe d'Huez

pg wrote:
Sum up the courage to go high where the snow would
have been much easier to ski on (better snow, less bodies to avoid) - or
pick a resort with blues accessible by gondola at...
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 30th 07, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By davidof
Mud Report - Alpendorf - 20-01-2007

funkraum wrote:
Excellent coverage lower stations, but patchy higher up. Long
stretches of required use of skis

oh no! Did you find wide skis better for the mud?
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 27th 06, 10:08 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By davidof
Apartment in Samoens 23/12 - bids from £10 accepted

wrote:
Forgot to give a time limit. Was initially 18.00 on 22/12 but our top
bid was not able to get transport so we have decided to extend auction
to Saturday 23/12 at...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 13th 06, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By davidof
Pretty grim start to season

They've just built the lifts in the wrong places! We found some nice
skiing last Thursday, 800 m of vertical from a summit of 2550 m without
touching a stone, we could have skied a bit lower but it...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 12th 06, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By davidof
Best route from Geneva to Boug-St-Maurice

pg wrote:
"davidof" wrote in message
| pg wrote:
|
| It's always a touch quicker using the...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 5th 06, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

pg wrote:
"davidof" wrote in message
| pg wrote:
|
| It's always a touch quicker using the...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 4th 06, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By davidof
Best route from Geneva to Boug-St-Maurice

davidof wrote:

Whichever route there are quite a few speed cameras now.

and before Bruce says he has a Swiss registered car there is a
cooperaton agreement between the Swiss and French on...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 4th 06, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By davidof
Best route from Geneva to Boug-St-Maurice

pg wrote:

It's always a touch quicker using the motorway unless you're traversing
Annecy in the dead of night or before 6 am, but obviously a lot more
fuel + tolls.

Last time I went to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36