Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jay W
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 19th 12, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Jay W
Coating vs Waxing

On Jan 17, 10:40*pm, gr wrote:
On 1/17/2012 6:46 AM, lolix wrote: See FluoroPolymeric Coating By Leonid Kuzmin
http://kuzmin.se/pgs/fp_drum_en.html

Forum: Nordic Skiing January 27th 11, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Jay W
2009 WC 50k, 2010 Oly 50k, 2010 Holm 50k

Does anyone know something about the weather conditions and snow
conditions for:

2009 WC 50k, 3/1/2009
-Liberec, Czech Republic
-Winner: Petter Northug
-Low 0C
-High 8C

2010 Oly 50km, 2/28/2010
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 24th 11, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Jay W
Nanowax vs Homenkol speedFinish

On Jan 22, 3:28*am, pokeroddsc
wrote:
Hi guys, *

Does anyone know a good poker calculator program for the use in texas
holdem poker ? *

Gracias

--
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 22nd 11, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Jay W
Nanowax vs Homenkol speedFinish

On Jan 1, 9:31*am, lolix wrote:
Hi Jay,
I was hoping that you would still be around.
Would be nice to have your comments.
Also, If you still have connection with some...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 31st 10, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Jay W
Nanowax vs Homenkol speedFinish

On Dec 28, 5:21*am, lolix wrote:
Hi,

looks like Nanowax (formerly Cerax) products have been now completely
integrated into Homenkol range of products under the name of
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 09, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Jay W
40 Ski Marathons?

I should add mine up sometime.

-18 Birkies
-Probably 6 long Pepsi's before I figured out there's a short race
-A few long Seeley classsics
-Bear Chase (only 1)
-A couple 58 Vasaloppets (skate) and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 09, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Jay W
Kick zone lengths

Gene,

5.5 cm is a bit troubling, but I did some testing this winter with my
classic skis. I've tubbed out, so I was trying to find if one pair of
my classic skis still fit. I skied one ski from two...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 09, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Jay W
Whatever Happened to All The "New Skate" Hub-bub??

On Feb 24, 7:51*am, jeff potter wrote:
Jay Wenner, a really fast cit racer, mentioned here that ride'n'glide
worked fine for him and he was going to stick with it. It's...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 09, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Jay W
Zack Caldwell's Z Grind

On Feb 25, 9:42*am, wrote:
Jay W

That sounds like a solid race. Tom Wood is skiing GREAT this year.

DT

I think he had the legs to catch some more people, he was just...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 09, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Jay W
Zack Caldwell's Z Grind

On Feb 24, 10:06*am, wrote:
cool Jay! Nice to hear from you again.

It's hard for me to figure out how my Fischer skis were in the new,
fine snow. They felt slow, and I fought my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 16th 08, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Jay W
curious about the nis used w carbonlites and the s labboot...problems?

On Apr 16, 6:33*am, "Eric N." wrote:
On Apr 15, 4:58 pm, "SpokaneDiscount,,no "

wrote:
i can get a decent buy on the skis but...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 3rd 08, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Jay W
Swix HF & Swix HFBD Question

I think the BD waxes are fine as a total replacement for the HF waxes
and that you don't need the straight HF waxes. For critical races I
wax with the BD waxes or I've been waxing with a moly base...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 08, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Jay W
2008 Birkie

On Feb 27, 8:14*am, "Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)"
wrote:

A Madison year? What's that?

I heard Madison got a lot of snow this year.

Jay
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 08, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Jay W
2008 Birkie

On Feb 26, 4:33*pm, 32 Degrees B wrote:
YOU QUIT DRINKING COFFEE???
What sort of a crazy decision is that? *Coffee is the life blood of
midwestern, scandavian type...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 26th 08, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Jay W
2008 Birkie

On Feb 26, 8:07*am, Jay W wrote:
I took 4 in the sprint with the remaining 10
or so or this group.

That should be, I took 4th in the sprint with the remaining 10
or so...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 26th 08, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Jay W
2008 Birkie

Ok, didn't anyone ski this? It's been pretty quiet around here.

They had probably the best conditions I've seen in 17 years of skiing
the race. Really good and considering how cold it started, the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 14th 08, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By Jay W
Any way to tell if wax is high fluoro or not?

On Feb 14, 4:45*pm, wrote:
Short of a chemical analysis, wax two skis, one with the eBay purchase,
the other with a store bought version and go ski. *My experience on
eBay is...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 12th 08, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Jay W
-15 F and wind

Well, it wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be. We were with the
wind, and that made all the difference. I got a little spot of frost-
bite on my neck, but that's about it. By looking at the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 10th 08, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Jay W
-15 F and wind

On Feb 9, 5:31*pm, dware wrote:
I have never skied in temps this cold. *As I sit in my hotel in Mora,
I am wondering exactly what to wear tomorrow? *Looking for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 8th 08, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Jay W
-15 F and wind

Is it crazy to race at -15 F and 10 mph winds? I've raced at -5 to -7F
with some wind, and that was pretty awful. I remember missing a hand
up and having the liquid on my arm freeze. I couldn't...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20