Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: 56fish
Forum: Snowboarding April 14th 07, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 2
Posted By 56fish
pow chasing

On Apr 13, 6:03 pm, "lonerider" wrote:
On Apr 13, 2:22 pm, "wanguard" wrote:

where should one look for a powdery backountry descent in may...
Forum: Snowboarding February 9th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By 56fish
new boots

On Feb 8, 10:15 pm, "Mike M. Miskulin" wrote:

Anyways... my longtime Northwave Legends are shot.. tried on a
pair of their latest and they don't feel right at all.. I...
Forum: Snowboarding February 9th 07, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By 56fish
Burton C60

On Feb 9, 4:25 am, René Bedbur wrote:
lonerider wrote:

Just as a running count - this is the third pair of Burton bindings
I've broken in the past 5 years.

'02...
Forum: Snowboarding February 1st 07, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 12
Posted By 56fish
Rad-Air good for an intermediate beginner?

On Jan 31, 6:38 am, "David CZ" wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently in a position where I can get the current Rad-Air
Worldwide (http://www.rad-air.com/index.php?
Forum: Snowboarding January 25th 07, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By 56fish
Tree & powder board

On Jan 22, 8:39 am, Switters wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:51:09 GMT, "56fish"

Generally, I don't care what my board looks like, but those...
Forum: Snowboarding January 25th 07, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By 56fish
Tree & powder board

Generally, I don't care what my board looks like, but those graphics
for
this years model sucks the big one.

Can't argue that!
Forum: Snowboarding January 19th 07, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By 56fish
Tree & powder board

Get a Malolo. 4-5 cm shorter than your usual deck. Same length if
you're talking more open (as opposed to tighter trees). It's a
no-brainer!
Forum: Snowboarding January 6th 07, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By 56fish
Riding advice - bumps

Jeremy wrote:

Jump turns. The board doesn't need to leave the ground, but my feeling is
that exaggerated weighting and unweighting is a significant help.

Thanks dude; used your advice a couple...
Forum: Snowboarding December 22nd 06, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By 56fish
Riding advice - bumps

Read Bob F's post heel drag.....any folks have advice on attacking
the bumps?
Forum: Snowboarding December 14th 06, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 5
Posted By 56fish
Buying a board for a gift

From a retailer's perspective. I strongly suggest getting a little
input from the giftee...this sport, especially at that age, can be very
peer driven. Real easy (not even considering the spec...
Forum: Snowboarding December 14th 06, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 17
Posted By 56fish
Keepin' it real...

Whoa.....I hope we're all out there to ride...and, try to provide info
to other riders, both current & future, to get the most out of
snowboarding! If anyone need some ladders and, doesn't really...
Forum: Snowboarding December 10th 06, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 9
Posted By 56fish
Burton Vapor

Gareth Evans wrote:
I've noticed a lot of Burton Vapors being sold on ebay for just under half
their retail value? Where do these people get hold of the boards? I've rung
up most stores and...
Forum: Snowboarding December 10th 06, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 16
Posted By 56fish
Who makes bindings these days?

Dr. Noisewater wrote:
Well, my customs broke, and I borrowed a pair of freestyles (which suck
btw) that broke in the exact same place my customs did halfway through
the day. Nidecker has been...
Forum: Snowboarding December 9th 06, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 17
Posted By 56fish
Keepin' it real...

Regarding brand performance, loyalty, durability, etc......oozing out
of the Burton Vapor thread:

Started selling/renting boards in 1990. Our shop was core not,
corporate. Hated the big guys, esp...
Forum: Snowboarding December 8th 06, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 9
Posted By 56fish
Burton Vapor

All of Burton's gear is prone to breakage, but they are also very, very
open to replacing their gear (have been known to honor the warranty if
even you did damage you board on a rail). Of...
Forum: Snowboarding December 8th 06, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By 56fish
HELP with my new FLOW-NXT bindings!!

Make sure the boot is centered on the baseplate & the bindings are
centered edge-to-edge on the board. Performance should be at least as
good, if not better, than the Cinch.
Forum: Snowboarding December 8th 06, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 16
Posted By 56fish
Who makes bindings these days?

According to TWSnow Trade News: Burton sells 60-70% of soft bindings in
the US. If you can't find a binding in their line...... (I prefer the
P1 for all-round riding; Cartel or C60 if you're lookin'...
Forum: Snowboarding December 2nd 06, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By 56fish
Bindings don't stay on

Burton on the brain. They curve all their ratchet bases - work best
when located up near the big toe.

Over little toe - my mistake!
Forum: Snowboarding November 30th 06, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By 56fish
Bindings don't stay on

lonerider wrote:
56fish wrote:
Also, make sure that when the strap is closed the ratchet is resting on
a curve. Won't work well if the ratchet is too close to the base-plate
on the...
Forum: Snowboarding November 30th 06, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 3
Posted By 56fish
Burton UnInc..........Big problem, please help !!!!!

lonerider wrote:
56fish wrote:
Being a COALITION dealer, I can get them. Not cheap. $35 shipped to
the lower 48.

I forgot you are a Burton vendor. So that's why you love promoting
Forum: Snowboarding November 30th 06, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 3
Posted By 56fish
Burton UnInc..........Big problem, please help !!!!!

Being a COALITION dealer, I can get them. Not cheap. $35 shipped to
the lower 48.
Forum: Snowboarding November 30th 06, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By 56fish
Bindings don't stay on

Also, make sure that when the strap is closed the ratchet is resting on
a curve. Won't work well if the ratchet is too close to the base-plate
on the ladder side. In this scenario - the ladder is...
Forum: Snowboarding November 30th 06, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By 56fish
Opinions on softie setup

Driver-X boots, C-60 bindings & the Custom-X. Won't be the best in
deep stuff but, nothing that rips groomers is.
Forum: Snowboarding November 30th 06, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 0
Posted By 56fish
where are wombats?

They were snowboard bindings distributed by Hooger Booger in the early
'90s.
Forum: Snowboarding November 30th 06, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard