Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rod
Forum: European Ski Resorts August 19th 09, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Rod
Kids ski school Les Gets

Hi,

Can anybody recommend a ski school for a girl 4 turning 5 for her first
lessons in Les Gets next March please.

cheers,
Rod
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 16th 08, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Rod
Serre Chevalier and nearby resorts

wrote:
Hi, I am going to Serre Chevalier for a week just before Easter. I
understand from the Serre Chevalier website the lift pass gives access
to the resorts listed...
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 28th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Rod
Which new skis?

Thanks for the comments. I've ended up with Scott Aztec Pros. They're
rock solid on ice and seem to float nicely in powder (see Les Gets
report below). They've given me a great confidence boost...
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 28th 07, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Rod
Les Gets report

Back today from Les Gets. Resort closed Sunday 21st, 8C and no snow.
They refunded our pre-booked passes for Les Gets/Morzine. Bought a
reduced price day pass for P de S on Monday and played...
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 1st 07, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Rod
Which new skis?

Hi Guys,

Happy New Year to you all. Due to damage I need to replace my old skis,
Rossignol Salto FX 10.2 (184cm) with which I was quite happy. I'm
comfortable on smoothish blacks and looking to...
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 30th 06, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Rod
Christmas 2006 suggestion

as this is not Sat to Sat, etc. a chalet or
apartment is almost certainly out to the question and quite possibly
hotels won't be too keen/have availability either.

My experience last year in Les...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 24th 06, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Rod
Polarised shades for skiing?

Thanks for the comments guys. No compelling reason to go for polarisers.

Rod
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 19th 06, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Rod
Polarised shades for skiing?

Hi,

I need to get some new sunnies for this season. I usually use a dark
orangy brown tint. Would anybody care to comment on the usefulness or
otherwise of polarisers for skiing.

cheers,

Rod
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 17th 06, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By Rod
Resort near Geneva ...

Ace wrote:
On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 13:10:57 +0100, Rod wrote:

I've been to Samoens a couple of times. It's a nice village but you can
get restricted to the Samoens...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 14th 06, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By Rod
Resort near Geneva ...

I've been to Samoens a couple of times. It's a nice village but you can
get restricted to the Samoens sector, which is quite small, if they
close the top lifts or the weather closes in. This has...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10