Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Norski
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 1st 09, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Norski
zero/multi waxless skis

Hi Randy,
'Softer' closing flex? 'Softer' half-weight? Softer than what? It is
almost a meaningless term.
The Zeros I've come across have had low camber heights, so in that
regard, they are...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 14th 09, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Norski
Fuzzing up your old skates

Chris,
Would you not use a soft pair of classic skis or really soft skate skis
to make hairies, rather than a stiff pair?

I have not made my own hairies, but I do own a pair of the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 25th 08, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Norski
Marwe Question

Hi Steve,
Speed reducers for Marwes would be a great idea in my opinion. Mostly
because of the Jenex speed reducers, I almost always use my V2 Aero 150s to
roller ski these days. Plus the 150s...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 19th 08, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Norski
Two questions from this ski season

Hi Larry,
Our club offers several free 'Learn to Ski' days during the winter. It
is not just for beginners, we'll try to help anyone out. The club is in
Brule, WI and the website is: ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 16th 08, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Norski
curious about the nis used w carbonlites and the s lab boot...problems?

In the March 27, 2008 Ski Post article, Andrew Gerlach mentions an
'interface plate' that can be used when mounting SNS bindings to NIS skis.
Perhaps this is what the original poster was asking...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 12th 08, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Norski
Looking for one Swix cork handle

also, avoid twisting the grip when trying to remove it to cut the shaft
shorter. As others have noted, the plastic sleeve under the cork is slotted
and it is light weight but easy to twist, which...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 2nd 08, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By Norski
FALUN FIS race

Could you have mis-identified Marit's boots?
Most likely it is the new Fischer boot ready to be sold 2008/2009. They are
black with a big yellow stripe down the side.
Fischer spent the last two years...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 21st 08, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Norski
What are typical low end temperatures for XC?

Funny story-
One of my friends and wife are pretty good mtb racers. I've been telling them how much fun skate skiing is and that they should try it before they go looney riding their bikes on a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 17th 08, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By Norski
glide "cold" wax question

Swix CH4 (Swix's coldest solid glide wax) will do what you are saying. If
you drip it on the whole ski (say tip of ski to back) and then come back to
the tip of the ski to start melting it in, the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 27th 07, 10:08 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Norski
Rossi Factory Grind

Another option is Fischer SCS skis at $199. But I don't see a cold base
option for either the SCS or Deltas, so additional pair of new skis is
probably not an option.

--

Paul Haltvick
Bay Design...

It is easy to press or cut rills into skis. My experience has been that it
is much harder to take out rills, especially the aggressive warm grinds. The
rills go much deeper than you'd think....
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 13th 07, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By Norski
German Training Plans

Allen was humbled by Dave Scott the first 6 occasions at Hawaii, before
Allen started his string of wins. Hawaii became Allen's main goal, along
with Nice, France and Zofingen, Switzerland. All races...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 26th 07, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Norski
Mounting SNS Profil Mountings?

Jonathan,
My advice would be to bring it to a shop and watch the guy do it. There is a
tool (binding jig) they use that is spring loaded and clamps onto the ski.
It centers the drill holes in the jig...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 13th 07, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Norski
Roll Out Start?

Dave,
So it is the Bear Chase you are talking about. I've done most every one
of the races. Although my luck has not been good, your race ranks among my
favorites. Thanks to all the volunteers...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 9th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Posted By Norski
Did any skiers get trapped in the Twin Cities bridge collapse?

Jay,
As you know, I live 150 miles north of you, on Lake Superior, right in the
heart of 'big snow country' for the midwest. I've been lucky enough to have
lived here all my 50 years. It sure seems...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 29th 07, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
91
Posted By Norski
91

Don't know if you've been to Isle Royale before, it's beautiful. My dad and
I hiked the Ridge Trail across the island a long time ago. We didn't
encounter any bugs at all. Can't remember what time of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 29th 07, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
91
Posted By Norski
91

We were in the 90's last week too.
The wind has switched directions and is coming across Lake Superior.
It was a low of 37 degrees F last night and the furnace went on.
Typical 'summer'

--

Paul...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 9th 07, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

The Kastle manufactured skate skis from back then also had thin metal edges
under the binding area with the idea it would help with the skate kick.
Those were the early days of skating (Bill Koch...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 27th 07, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Norski
Ski repair

Brian May and Grant Nelson did a nice writeup back in Feb 28, 2006 on how to
repair a damaged tip. I'll e-mail you a copy of the article.
Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

--

Paul...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 21st 07, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Randy,
Why not head over to New Moon Ski shop in Hayward and talk to Chris or
Joel? They sell those rollerskis and I bet they have a demo pair that you
could try out. I think Tim and Cindy Swift...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 9th 07, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Norski
removing Salomon binding screw covers

Is there any easy way to remove the little plastic plug that goes over the
screw of a Salomon Pilot (or Classic) binding? The plug covers the screw
that is in the rear of the binding.
There is a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 07, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Norski
American Birkie

The e-mail I got from Ned this fall said "We are this year still FIS
sanctioned and the commercial marking restrictions will be in place and
enforced"

The Birkie might have been a 'FIS Marathon...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 07, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Norski
American Birkie

We are in agreement that having the foreign athletes adds to the character
of the Birkie and is a good thing.

My complaint is with the FIS logo rules being applied to a race that does
not have TV...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 07, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Norski
American Birkie

I was told unofficial that the Birkie Foundation has to pay a substantial
fee for the FIS sanction and pay other costs associated with having the
elite foreigners coming over. So the Board voted not...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 07, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By Norski
What's going on with Bjorgen?

The JD Downing article was in a recent issue of 'Masters Skier" magazine

wrote in message
Think you need to be a lot...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25