Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Edgar[_2_]
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 22nd 11, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
was Swix V100/V110 kick or glide wax

On Jan 22, 5:36*am, Ben Kaufman spaXm-mXe-anXd-paXy-5000-
wrote:
I tried the swix site and googling it without success. *Trying to determine if
two small cylindrical...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 25th 10, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Combi Skis

On Dec 12, 10:06*am, wrote:
On snow, a combi ski is a compromise probably most often taken by young
juniors as a starter or by someone who can't afford both (or by someone
who has...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 25th 10, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

On Dec 25, 6:40*am, Meg wrote:
So I guess I have 2 problems. *I need glide wax, and also the snow is
sticking to the kick zone.

Can the same product be used to solve...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 27th 10, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Oslo snow conditions.

On Mar 26, 2:19*am, Colin Blackburn wrote:
Is there anyone from Norway and particularly Oslo here? Next week, April
4th onwards, I'm spending a week in Kvitavatn on a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 10, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Salomon's New Classic Propulsion Binding and the Salomon SkateWedge.

On Mar 17, 8:07*am, Douglas wrote:
On Mar 17, 6:24*am, Jan Gerrit Klok Jan.Gerrit.Klok.

wrote:
You're getting old if you mistake 4...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 16th 10, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
track skis or metal edges

On Mar 11, 4:29*am, "Neil" wrote:
Dear All,
I will going for a tour in the Fedmundsmarka area of Norway. I believe that
it is pretty flat. I was wondering if could by on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 15th 10, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
atomic waxless g2--any experiences or alternative suggestions

On Mar 15, 4:27*am, Jim wrote:
On Mar 14, 9:54*am, john wrote:

On Mar 7, 9:43*pm, Edgar wrote:

On Feb 28, 7:14*pm,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 15th 10, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Where is the best hot chocolate?

On Mar 14, 11:38*pm, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
wrote:
gr wrote:
OK.... we all know that hot chocolate and xc skiing go together like
skis and poles, but where to get the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 9th 10, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
what is the best way to store skate skis for 9 months?

On Mar 8, 1:37*pm, wintermutt wrote:
should i store my skate skis (190 atomic 192 rs 11) by hanging them
form a ski hanger (like a racor) or
lie them on their side on a flat...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 8th 10, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 26
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Damn it's hard to buy Nordic Skis Nowadays!

On Mar 8, 7:57*am, SMS wrote:
Edgar wrote:
Its also interesting that SMS's wife wanted lighter skis than here
E99s with NNN-BCs, but Marmot didn't have 3-pin...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 8th 10, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 26
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Damn it's hard to buy Nordic Skis Nowadays!

On Mar 7, 3:50*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
SMS wrote:
It's pretty bad that an area with a population of 3.5 million people
can't support a single actual...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 8th 10, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
atomic waxless g2--any experiences or alternative suggestions

On Feb 28, 7:14*pm, john wrote:
I'd like to own a pair of waxless skis for days when the waxing is a
headaches like today (warm wet snow with powder blown into the
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 10, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
NENSA Test scores compared? Records for US, the world?

On Feb 25, 11:18*am, Bob wrote:
MT Nordic wrote:
While that's very true, it's not feasible for most skiers to measure
their VO2 max while skiing.

Not exactly...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 21st 10, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Bjørgen is Back! (with a vengeance?)

On Feb 20, 9:41*am, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
wrote:
OK, after 2-3 mediocre (compared to 2004-2006) seasons, Marit Bj rgen
skipped the Tour this year, and it seems to have been...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 17th 10, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Olympic broadcasts

On Feb 16, 11:03*pm, Anders wrote:
On Feb 16, 10:45*am, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
wrote:

"Petter and the Norwegians" just had the worst Olympic xc...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 16th 10, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Olympic broadcasts

On Feb 15, 8:41*pm, Edgar wrote:
On Feb 15, 10:48*am, wrote:

Found one:http://www.atdhe.net/7407/watch-xxi-winter-olympics

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 16th 10, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Olympic broadcasts

On Feb 15, 10:48*am, wrote:
Found one:http://www.atdhe.net/7407/watch-xxi-winter-olympics

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:14:41 -0700

wrote:
Anyone found a good...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 16th 10, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
backpacking on skis

On Feb 13, 9:23*am, wrote:
I'm looking to go backpacking on skis this winter. Currently I have a
pair of Fischer Crown E99 skis, SNS-BC bindings and Salomon Escape 7.

I have...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 10, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Halfway point between Royal Gorge, CA and Bend, Oregon withdecent skiing?

On Jan 30, 2:51*am, Chris Cole wrote:
Hi guys,

Currently planning a road trip from San Fransisco - Royal Gorge -
Bend, Oregon - McCall, Idaho - Silverstar, BC for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 28th 10, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
wax help - Noque

On Jan 27, 6:53*pm, MT Nordic wrote:
I don't think hairies would be a good idea for 2 reasons. *One, the
icy stretches you'll have no kick at all. *Two, I suspect...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 20th 10, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Wax Removal

On Jan 18, 9:54*am, wrote:
Unfortunately, the problem that's been reported with household cleaners
and eco blends is a film left afterwards. *I can't site a lab test to
verify...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 17th 10, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Wax Removal

On Jan 16, 2:32*pm, "Frank Houle" wrote:
What is the best product to remove wax? Can you use isopropyl alcohol?
Thanks Frank

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ -...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 14th 09, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
Origin of Roller Skiing

While rolling this morning I wondered who invented roller skis and
when. My Internet search found this web site:

http://www.skiroll.it/storia/storia_english.htm

The origin
Rollerskis was born as...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 4th 09, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Edgar[_2_]
So Just How Dangerous is Roller-Skiing?

On Aug 30, 9:52*pm, wrote:
I should have said that rollerskis with brakes are helpful if you choose
terrain or streets where they are needed. *I've avoided such terrain for
the...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24