Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gunde
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 26th 11, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Gunde
Where in North America is there still good snow?

On Mar 25, 10:21*am, "Morris Keesan" wrote:
Instead of talking about skiing on pavement, where can we still ski for
real? *Jackson NH is claiming "nearly midwinter...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 10th 11, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Gunde
Storage waxing without an iron

Hi Bob,

Consider this http://www.silentsports.net/content/xc-skiing/stories/glide-waxing-borowski-11-2010.php
I have used this crayon/heat gun method, that Lee recommends, this
season, and have...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 11, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Gunde
Ski Jackets

On Jan 24, 7:09*pm, "Gary Mishler" wrote:
Hi all ... new to the sport and group.

Looking for suggestions on a good jacket for xc skiing. *And, if possible, a
jacket that...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 14th 10, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Gunde
backpacking on skis

On Feb 13, 10:23*am, wrote:
I'm looking to go backpacking on skis this winter. Currently I have a
pair of Fischer Crown E99 skis, SNS-BC bindings and Salomon Escape 7.

I have...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 7th 10, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Gunde
Easier to prep, faster to ski? G2 vs grip tape

On Feb 7, 5:22*am, Jan Gerrit Klok Jan.Gerrit.Klok.
wrote:
Hi all,

From all I've read, it seems when I want to enjoy good classic skiing
(I will pnly manage limited...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 26th 10, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Gunde
More Start Grip Tape report: slips above 35F

On Jan 14, 12:54*pm, jeff potter wrote:
I tried the tape last winter and liked it. But I guess I didn't try it
on a warm day.

Today I tried it when it was, like,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 11th 10, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Gunde
seek recommendation on bargain classic ski (waxable)

On Jan 11, 11:42*am, "
wrote:
On Jan 10, 10:39*pm, wrote:

boot bindings?

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:53:13 -0800 (PST)

Forum: Nordic Skiing December 17th 09, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Gunde
Ski car?

On Dec 15, 8:54*pm, gr wrote:
I'm looking to replace my front wheel drive Odyssey with an all wheel
drive something. Any comments of which might be better in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 4th 09, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Gunde
"Set it and forget it" wax for skating?

Hi Larry,

I understand your desire to keep it simple. But I want to argue that
just a bit of waxing is the most simple. I assume you are skiing (not
walking or snowshoeing) because you like glide....
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 9th 09, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Gunde
What supports/profile do you use for waxing fat tele skis?

I have a nice homemade profile for waxing my skinny skis. I bought an
inexpensive 8ft long 2X8 pine board. Then layed a ski along its length
and traced out the shape/camber of the ski on the board. I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 6th 09, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Gunde
Ice Skating Improved my classic Skiing. . .

On Mar 4, 12:11*pm, jeff potter wrote:
On Mar 4, 11:39*am, wrote:

better stated "learning to ice skate." * I finally got some time and
found...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 2nd 09, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Gunde
On "green grooming"

On Mar 1, 5:02*pm, wrote:
On Mar 1, 3:14*pm, wrote:

You make some good points. *Bohart Ranch got the Prinoth Husky this
year. It's not only a more...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 09, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Gunde
On "green grooming"

We would love to have you try out our trails! Bring your extra lung as
you are skiing at about 67% of sea level pressure. We are a 'free' ski
area, offering only carrot and no stick. Folks know if...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 09, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Gunde
On "green grooming"

We, http://gmnc.org , have a two year old Piston Bully 100Nordic
snowcat that was a gift to us. It grooms a 10ft wide lane with the
possibility of laying down two classic tracks (but usually just...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 9th 09, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Gunde
BC: skinny_skis_and_leather versus fat_skis_and_plastic

On Feb 8, 10:13*pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 8, 7:40*am, Gunde wrote:

Here in Colorado, on of the favorite backcountry...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 8th 09, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Gunde
BC: skinny_skis_and_leather versus fat_skis_and_plastic

Here in Colorado, on of the favorite backcountry ski/hut trip ski for
several years has been the Karhu XCD Guide
http://www.karhuskico.com/products/product.asp?ID=10
with traditional 3-pin bindings...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 09, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Gunde
wax temp and smoking

On Jan 25, 6:09*am, john wrote:
I got one of the new IR surface thermometer and tested my swix iron
and was suprised to find it was about 190 at setting 9 of 10. *I used
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 09, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Gunde
washing ski boots?

and Boot Juice, just like at the ice rink or bowling alley
http://www.reliableracing.com/detail.cfm?edp=10448801

On Jan 4, 11:02*am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 29th 08, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Gunde
Anybody recognizes these Asnes skis?

Anna,

I think the key is your observation that the owner doesn't have a
clue. You would really be gambling on this ski. You might get a
reasonable ski, but more likely you wouldn't. The bases have...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 13th 08, 07:19 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Gunde
More reports on Start Grip Tape?

Jeff,

Here in western Colorado, I found the tape to be just too much kick
and not enough glide. Our snow is most often cold and dry since we are
at 10kft+
http://gmnc.info

Even during spring-like...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing November 7th 08, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Gunde
Hut to hut skiing across Hardangervidda in Audubon magazine

On Nov 7, 5:40*am, David Dermott wrote:
* * The Nov 2008 issue of Audubon magazine has an article
about hut to hut skiing across Hardangervidda (Norway). An online
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 7th 08, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Gunde
Hut to hut skiing across Hardangervidda in Audubon magazine

On Nov 7, 5:40*am, David Dermott wrote:
* * The Nov 2008 issue of Audubon magazine has an article
about hut to hut skiing across Hardangervidda (Norway). An online
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 17th 08, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Gunde
Beitostølen: Problems with start field limits!

Now you are just showing off Terje :~}

On Oct 17, 4:45*am, Terje Mathisen
wrote:
I just listened to an NRK radio program where they mentioned that the
upcoming...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 11th 08, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Gunde
Prokurorov

On Oct 10, 5:23*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:36:01 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
I don't know...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 25th 08, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Gunde
What's the secret to long glide with poles?

On Aug 24, 5:36*pm, Jim Whalen NULL wrote:
On Aug 17, 12:41*pm, Gunde wrote:

Here are some technique sites I have listed...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 40