Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: James Bassuk
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 10th 08, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 9
Posted By James Bassuk
Technology in four-year old skis

agree -- rossi b3s have been around for 5 years and they still rock

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, VtSkier wrote:

Walt wrote:
VtSkier wrote:
Walt wrote:
don wrote:
I am thinking of buying...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 13th 07, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 13
Posted By James Bassuk
care & maintenance for new skis

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Ron - NY wrote:

Finally got rid of my old K2 axis X's , no matter what I tried I could not
get the edges sharp and skiing with them was a chore, couldn't hold a grip
on the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 21st 07, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 34
Posted By James Bassuk
To become an expert skier

good call on getting out Bigger's notes -- I take exception, however, to a
"Real Skier going home to pee" -- as this implies that trees are used for
generating oxygen and shade.....

Jim

On Mon,...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 7th 07, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By James Bassuk
Washington State advice

baker is shorter than crystal -- but baker gets more snow. e.g. this
season baker put beacon/shovel/probe/partner restictions on chair 6 -- too
much snow -- the first time i was prohibited from...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 2nd 07, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 12
Posted By James Bassuk
Fat skis

hi dave --

i agree with chris and bw, especially the part of skiing a pair of fatties
in black trees on a snowy day! look for something 95+ mm in the waist
and you will not regret the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 26th 07, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
Posted By James Bassuk
Avalanche death 2/24/07 at Crystal Mt/WA Cascades

any details forthcoming other than the short blurb on the local news media
about this unfortunate accident?

jim
Forum: Backcountry Skiing January 8th 07, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 0
Posted By James Bassuk
NorthBack Gates at Crystal Mt/WA Cascades

I counted 9 gates to enter Crystal's NorthBack this season. Only 5 are
listed on the trail map or the aerial guide.

Are there names for these gates?

Thanks,
Jim in Seattle
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 7th 06, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 15
Posted By James Bassuk
Anyone skied indoors?

I had the *honor* of skiing indoor in Leeds, UK -- where a 1000 ft
vertical lives inside a large building. Real snow and t-bars.

Got tossed off the *mountain* on my first run for -- get this --...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8